PDA

View Full Version : 'Cats v 'Cats UNH v Vermont Sat Jan. 2 Not quite the Winter Classic...but close!

Pages : [1] 2 3

HockeyRef
01-01-2016, 08:41 AM
Heading to Burlington soon for the battle of the 'Cats!! Hope to enjoy the atmosphere of the 'Gutt while our 'Cats beat theirs!!

Snively65
01-01-2016, 08:52 AM
Heading to Burlington soon for the battle of the 'Cats!! Hope to enjoy the atmosphere of the 'Gutt while our 'Cats beat theirs!!

Ha, ha, ha, HR. Never too late to begin a game thread. The game is tomorrow, right? I will drive over tomorrow afternoon, as road conditions are expected to be ok, at least compared to this past Tuesday.

I think that the UNH-UMO game thread has the potential to last the entire season!

HockeyRef
01-01-2016, 09:17 AM
Ha, ha, ha, HR. Never too late to begin a game thread. The game is tomorrow, right? I will drive over tomorrow afternoon, as road conditions are expected to be ok, at least compared to this past Tuesday.

I think that the UNH-UMO game thread has the potential to last the entire season!

Yes game is tomorrow night heading up the day ahead for fun! Hope to see fellow 'Cat fans on Church street!! Go 'Cats!! (UNH 'Cats that is 😉)

Snively65
01-01-2016, 09:37 AM
Yes game is tomorrow night heading up the day ahead for fun! Hope to see fellow 'Cat fans on Church street!! Go 'Cats!! (UNH 'Cats that is 😉)

Is there a pre-game rally location, where Wildcat fans will be safe from the rabid, hippie Catamount fans?

HockeyRef
01-01-2016, 10:28 AM
Is there a pre-game rally location, where Wildcat fans will be safe from the rabid, hippie Catamount fans?

Not that I know of but how's about Buffalo Wild Wings near the Gutt So.Burlington?!? 5:30 Sat? That's where we went last year met a few parents of the team there...

Chuck Murray
01-01-2016, 06:48 PM

Unless the dirty hippies can somehow smoke you, I doubt you'll have to worry for your safety in Burlington. :)

wildcatdc
01-01-2016, 07:45 PM
Is there a TV option? UVM have a sports network like WAN?

HockeyRef
01-01-2016, 07:50 PM
Unless the dirty hippies can somehow smoke you, I doubt you'll have to worry for your safety in Burlington. :)

Haha daughter is with me she's poking around looking at moving up here so she asks a store clerk about life in Burlington it sounded good till she told her of re-occurring drive by shootings!?!? 😳 Guess those hippies have moved onto something abit stronger perhaps?

HockeyRef
01-01-2016, 07:52 PM
Is there a TV option? UVM have a sports network like WAN?

Yes they do have a college feed and I do believe it's free thought I watched a game this season?

Ps check your inbox just texted the info free live stream as I thought...

wildcatdc
01-02-2016, 08:48 AM
Yes they do have a college feed and I do believe it's free thought I watched a game this season?

Ps check your inbox just texted the info free live stream as I thought...

Thanks HR - give 'em he\_\_ tonight!!

HockeyRef
01-02-2016, 10:13 AM

You read my mind haha 😉 Let's see what we can do with their Freshman Phenom goalie!!

Chuck Murray
01-02-2016, 10:24 AM

Gotta love how including that work-around in italics straightened out the L's. :D :D

Snively65
01-02-2016, 05:39 PM
Reserved seats sold out, but I got a general admission ticket; reminds me of Snively Arena. Slow drive across Rte 302 from northern Cow Hampsha to I-89 near Barre, but easy from there. :-)

Chuck Murray
01-02-2016, 05:55 PM
Prediction: UNH 4 UVM 1

One goal apiece from each of the 4 lines :) :) :) :)

HockeyRef
01-02-2016, 06:14 PM
UVM PP goal under review anndd it's a goal couldn't see what happened way down the ice

Snively65
01-02-2016, 06:41 PM
Prediction: UNH 4 UVM 1

One goal apiece from each of the 4 lines :) :) :) :)

Well, that score can no longer happen. :-(

Our Cats appear to have been sleep walking after Cleland took tripping penalty a couple minutes into game. Munson not really tested on any of his 8 saves, whereas Tirone is getting pummeled (14 saves), like he was in Orono.

Snively65
01-02-2016, 07:05 PM
SOG now 24-8 UVM; Tirone making several spectacular saves. UNH still sleep walking, but killed off another penalty to Marcus (according to announcer) Cleland.

wildcatdc
01-02-2016, 07:13 PM
Gotta love how including that work-around in italics straightened out the L's. :D :D

Only works for a right-shot type!!

wildcatdc
01-02-2016, 07:14 PM
SOG now 24-8 UVM; Tirone making several spectacular saves. UNH still sleep walking, but killed off another penalty to Marcus (according to announcer) Cleland.

BRUTAL to watch so far.

wildcatdc
01-02-2016, 07:19 PM
PP with 2:02 to go in second. Let's GO