PDA

View Full Version : Fire red!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ck1969
12-31-2015, 10:22 AM
Sorry it had to be done. There's no way in h el l he's going to turn this sunk....not sinking....sunk ship around. The talent he's managed to bring in are all a bunch of 4th liners. What's coming isn't any better. His "systems" don't work. There's no team discipline. It's time to cut ties with the 205K salary, clean house and start again. Find some hungry young coach who can better relate to the kids, spark some life into this dead fish program and maybe, just maybe attract some upper level talent.

Carry on!

RaceBoarder
12-31-2015, 10:25 AM
Which brings me to my next point:

DON'T SMOKE CRACK!

ck1969
12-31-2015, 10:33 AM
Which brings me to my next point:

DON'T SMOKE CRACK!
Gendron not Berenson.

NCAA watcher
12-31-2015, 11:19 AM
Water blue

Darius
12-31-2015, 11:28 AM
That took a second.

Sun yellow

Tater
12-31-2015, 11:42 AM
Grass green.

Scarlet
12-31-2015, 12:06 PM
Seriously though...two head coaches named Red? With only 60 total Div 1? What are the odds??

Ralph Baer
12-31-2015, 12:06 PM
Orange orange

Ralph Baer
12-31-2015, 12:08 PM
Seriously though...two head coaches named Red? With only 60 total Div 1? What are the odds??

and neither coaches a team whose colors include red.

Slap Shot
12-31-2015, 12:10 PM
FIRE BURN!
http://michaelmay.us/11blog/10/1022-hartmanfrank.jpg

Rhett Hot
12-31-2015, 01:08 PM

More importantly, when "Red" is mentioned I'm sure anyone from the other 59 schools that are NOT Maine would think of Red Berenson.
The guy's a dinosaur who's seen a lot of hockey and is basically hockey coaching legend.

(Parker is obviously better :p)

mookie1995
12-31-2015, 01:12 PM
what?!?!?!

what happened to timmy? he's not coaching umo any longer?

did this make news?
guess nobody actually gives a chit :eek:

Rhett Hot
12-31-2015, 01:15 PM
what?!?!?!

what happened to timmy? he's not coaching umo any longer?

did this make news?
guess nobody actually gives a chit :eek:

lol

Whitehead was fired on Tuesday April 9, 2013 after going 11198 that season.

Chuck Murray
12-31-2015, 01:33 PM
In retrospect, the UMaine program was officially toast the day Standbrook retired/was pushed out.

FlagDUDE08
12-31-2015, 02:31 PM
Night of Fire!!! :p:D

Sean Pickett
12-31-2015, 02:34 PM
More importantly, when "Red" is mentioned I'm sure anyone from the other 59 schools that are NOT Maine would think of Red Berenson.Well, I though of Red Gendron, but then I had also watched UNH demolish Maine last night in Manchester on WBIN.

In retrospect, the UMaine program was officially toast the day Standbrook retired/was pushed out.Yes, and Maine asked Grant to return back in 2013 according to an article (http://bangordailynews.com/2013/06/12/sports/ice-hockey-sports/former-umaine-hockey-assistant-coach-grant-standbrook-has-decided-not-to-coach-again/)in the Bangor Daily News dated 12 Jun 2013.

Sean

Chuck Murray
12-31-2015, 03:14 PM
Yes, and Maine asked Grant to return back in 2013 according to an article (http://bangordailynews.com/2013/06/12/sports/ice-hockey-sports/former-umaine-hockey-assistant-coach-grant-standbrook-has-decided-not-to-coach-again/)in the Bangor Daily News dated 12 Jun 2013.

Sean

75 by then, and probably didn't need the aggravation of trying to put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

Suspect the UMaine-iacs who'd advocated for Monty's hire are feeling a little perturbed by subsequent events.

Drew S.
12-31-2015, 03:49 PM
75 by then, and probably didn't need the aggravation of trying to put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

Suspect the UMaine-iacs who'd advocated for Monty's hire are feeling a little perturbed by subsequent events.

Maybe some, but not the intelligent fans. Denver is only .500 this year and Monty inherited a lot more than Red. All of us love Monty but I'm not sure he was the answer. It was always going to take a lot of time regardless of who was hired.

mookie1995
12-31-2015, 03:55 PM
Maybe some, but not the intelligent fans. Denver is only .500 this year and Monty inherited a lot more than Red. All of us love Monty but I'm not sure he was the answer. It was always going to take a lot of time regardless of who was hired.

doesn't really matter. could have lester patrick in charge.

umo is in the middle of nowhere with blah facilities.

better chance lake st or northern or cc wins again.

umo should probably consider playing in the canadian college league (they wouldn't consider aha, though that would at least make the locals happy with records that perhaps get above .500).

Ma#1ne Hky
12-31-2015, 04:10 PM
Sorry it had to be done. There's no way in h el l he's going to turn this sunk....not sinking....sunk ship around. The talent he's managed to bring in are all a bunch of 4th liners. What's coming isn't any better. His "systems" don't work. There's no team discipline. It's time to cut ties with the 205K salary, clean house and start again. Find some hungry young coach who can better relate to the kids, spark some life into this dead fish program and maybe, just maybe attract some upper level talent.

Carry on!Hear and see what you are saying...still feel that he should stay for his 4th year...but after that..????...I still think he(Gendron)may need to tinker with his Staff, by that and I hate to throw Leach under the Bus...BUT bring in a Goaltending Coach/Assistant Coach who would be hands on with the Goaltending...be out and about looking at other recruiting goaltending prospects...and JUST STAY with 3 Coaches...Head Coach/Assistant Associate Coach(Guite) and bring in a NEW Assistant-Goaltending Coach and NO MORE Volunteer Goaltending Coaches...and if I remember correctly Gendron did say when he was HIRED...If I can't get it done in 4 years then I should be Fired/not renewed. I maybe wrong on the wording but he was talking that he needed to get it fixed and fixed in that time period. And he felt confident in doing so IIRC...(???).