2016 Mariucci Classic: Minnesota, UConn, Harvard, Ferris State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Mariucci Classic: Minnesota, UConn, Harvard, Ferris State

The 2016 Mariucci Classic is this Friday and Saturday at Mariucci Arena. Harvard and Ferris State play at 4pm followed by Minnesota and UConn at 7pm. Friday's Gopher game is on FSN and streamed on BTN2Go. Saturday - Uconn plays at 4PM either against Ferris or Harvard, Minnesota plays at 7PM.

Go
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Re: 2016 Mariucci Classic: Minnesota, UConn, Harvard, Ferris State

Finally back in action!

Comment

So on the off chance I am actually in the Cities this weekend, what could I expect to pay if I went to the game and bought out front (or SRO)?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
        So on the off chance I am actually in the Cities this weekend, what could I expect to pay if I went to the game and bought out front (or SRO)?
        You SHOULD be able to get them for cheap. Whether you CAN or not....I dunno.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

If you are by yourself -
          Ask what the guy wants for a single, say you don't care where it is. Whatever he says, reply you can only go $10. If he asks for more just start walking. You should only have to do that with at most 2 scalpers before you get in for $10.

If you are going with more than 1 person, you may have to do it a few more times or be willing to go $30 for two singles apart from each other. But I'd guess you can get 2 singles for $10 a piece without committing much time at all.

Also, for the Friday game the meters should be shut off for the holiday. So if you can find a spot on the street you can park for free. Best to double check the signage though.
          Last edited by Stauber1; 12-29-2015, 10:58 PM.

Comment

For sure you shouldn't pay more than $15 'cause that's what they're selling them for:

https://www.mygophersports.com/Onlin...ampaign=122815
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

From the main page:

25th time for the Mariucci Classic
              http://www.uscho.com/2015/12/31/at-a...iucci-classic/

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                For sure you shouldn't pay more than $15 'cause that's what they're selling them for:

https://www.mygophersports.com/Onlin...ampaign=122815
                (Sorry to upset the trend of all the "fire our coach' threads being at the top of the page.) Still don't know if I am going or not. Does anyone remember, in the past when the Championship game wasn't scheduled to be on tv but was added late, did that occur after Fridays game? Would be nice to know if there was a chance to have it recorded in case I am on my way back from the Cities at that time instead of sitting at the game.

Comment

(Sorry to upset the trend of all the "fire our coach' threads being at the top of the page.) Still don't know if I am going or not. Does anyone remember, in the past when the Championship game wasn't scheduled to be on tv but was added late, did that occur after Fridays game? Would be nice to know if there was a chance to have it recorded in case I am on my way back from the Cities at that time instead of sitting at the game.
                  I'm not sure. I know a couple years ago when it was added, it was only because it was likely to be (but didn't end up being) #2 ranked MN vs. #1 ranked Ferris St for the championship and there was a pretty big uproar from the fans that it wasn't going to be aired. So I don't know how likely it is that the game tomorrow will be picked up.

You should just go, though. If the Gophers beat UConn tonight that game against Harvard tomorrow should be a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                    I'm not sure. I know a couple years ago when it was added, it was only because it was likely to be (but didn't end up being) #2 ranked MN vs. #1 ranked Ferris St for the championship and there was a pretty big uproar from the fans that it wasn't going to be aired. So I don't know how likely it is that the game tomorrow will be picked up.

You should just go, though. If the Gophers beat UConn tonight that game against Harvard tomorrow should be a great game.
                    I am leaning towards going. Just means I need to stay in Cities overnight and would have all day there tomorrow. Been years since I've been to one. I assume the online order allows you to pick up at gate? I would have a couple of my kids with, so would feel better having tickets in hand. I am assuming that there will be enough open seats that if I buy the $15 behind net tickets, I can find something better, even with 3 seats in a row?

Comment

I am leaning towards going. Just means I need to stay in Cities overnight and would have all day there tomorrow. Been years since I've been to one. I assume the online order allows you to pick up at gate? I would have a couple of my kids with, so would feel better having tickets in hand. I am assuming that there will be enough open seats that if I buy the $15 behind net tickets, I can find something better, even with 3 seats in a row?
                      I can't imagine it would be too hard. This tournament is always pretty poorly attended, so this year where attendance has been down all season I would think there will be lots of open seats.

My advice is to check right next to the student section. Usually a good number of empty seats in the adjacent section toward the top, you get to be close to the band (if the band is there - sometimes they aren't for this tournament) and it's the end MN shoots at twice. The down side is seeing around the students who stand all game, but with it being winter break there won't be many of them there. In fact, I'm not even sure this weekend is included in student tickets.

Comment

Harvard looked great offensively in the first game. If the Gophers end up playing them tomorrow, beware the backdoor play! Forwards really need to come back and help defend. But first things first, beat Connecticut!

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                          I can't imagine it would be too hard. This tournament is always pretty poorly attended, so this year where attendance has been down all season I would think there will be lots of open seats.

My advice is to check right next to the student section. Usually a good number of empty seats in the adjacent section toward the top, you get to be close to the band (if the band is there - sometimes they aren't for this tournament) and it's the end MN shoots at twice. The down side is seeing around the students who stand all game, but with it being winter break there won't be many of them there. In fact, I'm not even sure this weekend is included in student tickets.
                          Alumni band is there this weekend, from what I hear...
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Best parking options?

Comment

Best parking options?
                              I have always parked at the Oak St ramp. Close enough, and somewhat cheap. Can't cheat the system anymore by showing up real early, from what I hear, but it's a good place to park.

Comment

Working...
                              X