Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2015-16 thread part 2-move along! nothing to see here! all is well!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 2015-16 thread part 2-move along! nothing to see here! all is w

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Absolutely. It's one of those slippery slope things. I think he should be shown the door(he's an average player anyway) but it sounds like Quinn isn't going to do that.
    I would bet you a lot of money (HA!) that Roberto never sees the ice at BU again.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Re: Boston University 2015-16 thread part 2-move along! nothing to see here! all is w

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      The CHN story did say that some college kids incurred "large" debts. That would be a very big concern. Never want to see a kid on the injury report listed as "two broken legs (bookie)".
      I believe they would refer to that as a "lower body injury."

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        I would bet you a lot of money (HA!) that Roberto never sees the ice at BU again.
        Why? If he was going to leave, he would've left at the beginning of the semester. If he doesn't leave before January 7, there's a 0% he goes anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
          Why? If he was going to leave, he would've left at the beginning of the semester. If he doesn't leave before January 7, there's a 0% he goes anywhere.
          I wouldn't be surprised if he does leave before Jan 7, or if he leaves during the offseason.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if he does leave before Jan 7, or if he leaves during the offseason.
            Get your degree.

Doubt he was a 4/4 or 3/4 (or even a 2/4) player. Pay yer tuition and get the diploma
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Scott Mclaughlin wrote this:
              Sources tell WEEI.com that Roberto is not currently being investigated by any law enforcement agencies. He is still enrolled at BU and still a member of the hockey team, and that is not expected to change.
              http://collegeblog.weei.com/sports/c...-for-gambling/

Comment

And he'll end up at either of the two "Land of BU's Misfit Toys." Vermont or Northeastern.

Agreed with Nick and JD. Stupid by Roberto, but not a big deal to the program. I had heard the gambling rumor and it didn't sound overly serious but no specifics. After the tweets this weekend/today, I was anticipating possibly something worse.

Comment

I wonder if this situation loomed over the team's head throughout the first half and may have had any impact on morale/chemistry behind the scenes...

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    For every position except goalie. Getting the goalie on the take would be like getting a starting pitcher or a quarterback.
                    Ah, true. Now that you mention it, who here remembers that BC goalie that was rumored to have thrown one of the NCAA tournament games against UAA back in 1990? I don't think it ever became anything but I do remember that was the talk at the time. What was his name? Greg something...

Regardless, what a stupid, dumb, embarrassing situation Roberto put himself in, as well as the University. I don't know why they haven't kicked him off the team/kicked him out of school. Aren't there conduct codes or something that all students are supposed to adhere to? A random college student betting using Fan Duel or something - whatever. An athlete on the school's premiere Div 1 sport? I would think there would be more cause to say adios.

Aaaaaaaaand.....I am still waiting for the proverbial other shoe to drop. We all thought the release of the task force report was it till that excuse for a Globe reporter tried to win an award with her expose. I hope we've heard the whole story but my anxiety is making me feel otherwise.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2015-16 thread part 2-move along! nothing to see here! all is w

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Ah, true. Now that you mention it, who here remembers that BC goalie that was rumored to have thrown one of the NCAA tournament games against UAA back in 1990? I don't think it ever became anything but I do remember that was the talk at the time. What was his name? Greg something...

Regardless, what a stupid, dumb, embarrassing situation Roberto put himself in, as well as the University. I don't know why they haven't kicked him off the team/kicked him out of school. Aren't there conduct codes or something that all students are supposed to adhere to? A random college student betting using Fan Duel or something - whatever. An athlete on the school's premiere Div 1 sport? I would think there would be more cause to say adios.

Aaaaaaaaand.....I am still waiting for the proverbial other shoe to drop. We all thought the release of the task force report was it till that excuse for a Globe reporter tried to win an award with her expose. I hope we've heard the whole story but my anxiety is making me feel otherwise.
                      Except that Globe expose was full of rumors and gossip about a sex scandal, to purposefully oversimplify, which are always juicy for reporters to seek out gossip-y backstory and image-slandering stories. The Globe expose did not reveal any further illegal activities by hockey players, any further rape allegations, and did not lead to anyone else getting thrown off the team or suspended. Unless this supposed report would have new facts or new allegations that other current players gambled, Roberto did it more often, bet on his own games, etc., there's little that a gossip-y column would accomplish here. Gambling isn't a **** kind of crime, and nowhere near the severity of sexual assault, where finding backstory and omg he once gambled in the penalty box at a kegger! would generate page clicks.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2015-16 thread part 2-move along! nothing to see here! all is w

Don't you dare make fun of mav's gf Mary!!!!
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Problem for Roberto is you have to treat everybody the same playing college sports. You can't have a rule that NCAA hoops players can't be in hock to a bookie because the large amount of wagering on the sport and potential for throwing games, but allow hockey players off with a slap on the wrist because that's not a factor in their sport. Or also if you play an important position vs if you're a scrub. Same rules have to apply to all.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Even those who left. He shouldn't be the poster boy if others and very large dollars were involved. I said IF

Comment

So if the NCAA was involved, then it was'nt a "coaches decision" for some time. It seems Quinn was less than truthful. It ain't the crime, it's the coverup that gets you.
                              Originally posted by mookie1995
                              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                                Even those who left. He shouldn't be the poster boy if others and very large dollars were involved. I said IF
                                Yeah, but if those guys are no longer playing in collegiate ranks, have graduated, or otherwise aren't affiliated with the NCAA, what can the NCAA do? Law enforcement seems to not care about Roberto, so it would stand to reason they don't care about the other players allegedly involved either. Sports gambling is on the fast track to being legalized federally anyways, so this isn't exactly some major felony being committed.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X