Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2015-16 thread part 2-move along! nothing to see here! all is well!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2015-16 thread part 2-move along! nothing to see here! all is w

Congrats to BU on the win last night. You guys gutted out a win and stayed the course on a night that could not have started any worse.

I'm hopeful for a BU rematch in February, but we first have to get through a solid BC team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bothman View Post
      Congrats to BU on the win last night. You guys gutted out a win and stayed the course on a night that could not have started any worse.

I'm hopeful for a BU rematch in February, but we first have to get through a solid BC team.
      That's nothing

Our boys have to play the odds on favorites opening night!!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2015-16 thread part 2-move along! nothing to see here! all is w

After the game I mentioned that it was good to have Matt Grzelcyk back in the lineup and scoring. That brought up the question as to what BU's record was when he scores a point. The Hockey East website has that information on a season-by-season basis, but not a career basis. I ran some queries in my database and compared the results to the Hockey East stats and came up with the following:

when Matt does not play:
        2012-15 - 3-12-2 0.235
        2015-16 - 6-5-1 0.542
        2012-16 - 9-17-3 0.362

when Matt plays:
        2012-15 - 56-33-9 0.617
        2015-16 - 5-1-2 0.750
        2012-16 - 61-34-11 0.627

when Matt plays, but has no point:
        2012-15 - 20-20-5 0.500
        2015-16 - 0-1-1 0.250
        2012-16 - 20-21-6 0.489

when Matt has a point:
        2012-15 - 36-13-4 0.717
        2015-16 - 5-0-1 0.917
        2012-16 - 41-13-5 0.737

Looking at these records it is very apparent that BU has been a better team when he plays and a much better team when he has a point.

Sean
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
          when Matt plays:
          2015-16 - 5-1-2 0.750
          It's worth noting the only loss here was the game he reinjured his knee and did not complete.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I know it was a game during break, and it was against UMass, but a 7-2 win should warrant a little more chatter!! Big win and more importantly - two league points. Because next weekend? ::shudder:: And as I figured, since early November, Jerry York will be going for win 1000 against BU. At Agganis. Big sigh.

Good news it appears no one got hurt last night and everyone should be ready to play. Nice to see the offensive output and it really showed how much Grzelcyk means to this team. That said....would've liked to see goals from forwards. I felt like JFK had a few choice opportunities but held onto the puck too long and did nothing with it. Glad to see Greenway score on that short handed breakaway. And I thought Robbie played a strong game. He had a pretty goal. Any thoughts on Andren?

I was happy to see the WJC players recognized last night, and that they included the kid from UMass (nice hair!). I was a little surprised no such acknowledgement at Harvard, not for our guys necessarily, but for Ryan Donato.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              . Because next weekend? ::shudder:: And as I figured, since early November, Jerry York will be going for win 1000 against BU. At Agganis. Big sigh.
              i get the anxiety but come on, it's fun! especially when both teams are good.................... did i evah tell you i'm a Meffa native too? Fulton Heights, used to go to Wright's pond in the summah then ice cream at Buttricks. Went to St. Francis School until 4th grade

Comment

#no1000

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  i get the anxiety but come on, it's fun! especially when both teams are good.................... did i evah tell you i'm a Meffa native too? Fulton Heights, used to go to Wright's pond in the summah then ice cream at Buttricks. Went to St. Francis School until 4th grade
                  Then they kicked him the hell out.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

#no1000

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      #no1000
                      If you keep saying that to yourself, maybe it won't happen.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Anyone want to wager on this weekend's games?

Comment

#no1000

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            Our boys have to play the odds on favorites opening night!!
                            Have these odds been confirmed by Eichel's bookie?
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              I live in Meffa, but I'm from Ahhhhhlington! Was there a Buttricks's in Medford? There used to be one behind Arlington High before Brighams (RIP) took it over.

The games are stressful enough as it is, I don't need the extra added drama of York going for his 1000th, thankyouverymuch. Are both games on TV?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Are both games on TV?
                                Friday's game is on ASN (NESNplus picking it up) - hence the wretched 6pm Friday start. As of the moment it looks like the game at Agganis on Saturday is NOT on TV. I can't even remember the last time a BU/BC game wasn't televised. We now of course have a bit of a conflict with the Patriots playoff game at 4:35PM.

Speaking of start times, pretty good attendance for a break game at last night's 7PM start. I had forgotten what a 7pm Saturday game was like!

Comment

Working...
                                X