Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2015-16 thread part 2-move along! nothing to see here! all is well!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2015-16 thread part 2-move along! nothing to see here! all is w

Maguire played out of his mind in the first period. He made some really great saves to keep you in it. Harvard got away with a handful of penalties in the first and second period too, but Blackwell is really the cause of this loss. I don't think I've ever felt like one position player has repeatedly caused so many goals for his own team in a single game.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2015-16 thread part 2-move along! nothing to see here! all is w

Last three BU-Harvard games not exactly for the faint of heart. Nov. 2014--Harvard 3-2 in OT with Crimson goalie Michalek making 40 saves. Double OT win in the Beanpot semifinal on O'Regan's conversion of ERod's great pass. And now, tonight.

With his two goals, O'Regan edges past his dad on the all-time BU scoring list with 131.
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        So great to see Ahti back. That was fun.
        ahti is now 2pts from 100 career. hope he gets it saturday so we can give him a nice hand.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Thisisahockeywebsite View Post
          Maguire played out of his mind in the first period. He made some really great saves to keep you in it. Harvard got away with a handful of penalties in the first and second period too, but Blackwell is really the cause of this loss. I don't think I've ever felt like one position player has repeatedly caused so many goals for his own team in a single game.
          His 3rd period penalty was beyond stupid.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
            He made a lot of huge stops of the 20 in the third but the last 4 minutes not so much but none as lame as Maquire 2 in the 3rd
            there was a whole lotta frustrating tonight.

how does bu win the faceoff to start the 3rd period, THEN end up in their own end for 35 seconds
            these Dmen are going to drive mookie nuts

Comment

• Maguire was two different guys tonite. He did everything but sell popcorn in the first. Excellent. Coulda been 3-1 easy. But he ultimately let in 5, 2 of which were terrible. All the WJC guys played regular shifts. Griz looked better than ok. Cloonan played a lot and played well. He had one rink length rush at full speed with good puck control that made you really look. McAvoy was fun to watch tonight. Played really well. How many years will he wear the red & white? Two is my guess. Sitting two rows behind the BU bench was great. You pick up a lot. Quinn actually yelled and threw something during the 2nd. Good to see Andren really trying to blend in a little. Oh...and Agganis is a FAR better venue. IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                Maguire was two different guys tonite. He did everything but sell popcorn in the first. Excellent. Coulda been 3-1 easy. But he ultimately let in 5, 2 of which were terrible. All the WJC guys played regular shifts. Griz looked better than ok. Cloonan played a lot and played well. He had one rink length rush at full speed with good puck control that made you really look. McAvoy was fun to watch tonight. Played really well. How many years will he wear the red & white? Two is my guess. Sitting two rows behind the BU bench was great. You pick up a lot. Quinn actually yelled and threw something during the 2nd. Good to see Andren really trying to blend in a little. Oh...and Agganis is a FAR better venue. IMHO.
                Disclaimer I missed the first period thus my opinion of Maquire. Vesey was thrown off his game a bit by McAvoy after a late second period hit the game turned after that and except for those 2 chintzy HC goals BU started to dominate

Comment

how was old pal Marty Hughes as a ref?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Better than most ECAC refs, but the bar his peers have set is quite low.

Comment

Compared to the Yale and QU series, the officiating wasn't awful. I'm shocked they called the unsportsmanlike on Blackwell late in the third. He really must've hit on the head the do not say it word for that ref.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

When I heard the name, I said "wait a minute...is that..?" So I guess it is.
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

I really enjoyed the second game of the double header last night, much better than the first.

- I don't recall ever seeing players of BU's talent make so many horrible mistakes as they did in that first half. Passes to nobody, complete panicking with the puck when a forechecker was near, and a frustrating inability to keep the puck in at the point. If someone was going to make an instructional video of what a great PP looks like and what a terrible PP looks like, they had all the material they needed after one period last night. Just downright awful.
                          - Thankfully, the tide turned, the team started gelling.
                          - I thought JFK played great. In addition to his great assists, he had a nice rush to the net that the HU goalie had to make a great save on. I think he is going to go on a tear over the second half.
                          - I thought Grzelcyk didn't look at all like himself until those last 5 minutes. He seemed just as tentative as the other d (somewhat understandable given his injury situation).
                          - Oskar looked pretty solid along the boards. He's a big kid. Of course the third and fourth lines saw less and less time as the game wore on. I don't remember seeing Chase Phelps after the first period.
                          - Fortunato looked more like last years Fortunato than this years (terrible giveaways), but like everyone else, improved as the game went on.
                          - What exactly did Blackwell do/say to get that late penalty?

Gotta like this team's record against good competition. If they can find a way to get 3 wins against BC and UML, it would seem hard to not make the NCAAs.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                            - What exactly did Blackwell do/say to get that late penalty?
                            Don't know what exactly he said, but he skated/crashed into the boards on his own behind the BU net, was barely touched by the BU defender. He got up and was screaming bloody murder at the official the entire way up the ice. I saw the ref tell him to stop it, he kept going, and got called for the unsportsmanlike. Absolutely selfish and nonsensical play. The crash into the boards wasn't even close to warranting a penalty.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Compared to the Yale and QU series, the officiating wasn't awful. I'm shocked they called the unsportsmanlike on Blackwell late in the third. He really must've hit on the head the do not say it word for that ref.
                              He is a guy that has missed many games due to concussions, I think the scary situation got to his head. He got bumped far out from the corner and I was extremely nervous as he went into the boards. I get that you're ****ed off but let your coach do the talking.

Comment

Grizz was slow to his spots and got beat to the puck often.

Looks like he got himself back into the lineup early (which is good). But maybe needs some practice to get back to the player we need and expect out there.

He didn't get hurt, so baby steps!!

Comment

Working...
                                X