Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2015-16 thread part 2-move along! nothing to see here! all is well!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Providence was the luckiest national champion ever and OC maybe threw the championship game.
    That was hoky' post?!?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      That was hoky' post?!?
      No, that was Ex-Zlax. Hoky was refuting.
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2015-16 thread part 2-move along! nothing to see here! all is w

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        You neglect to consider (don't know?) that O'Connor graduated last spring, so he had every incentive to leave and go pro. He had his degree, he got into graduate school at BU, and was able to defer his admission while he tried his hand at pro hockey. This is a great example of spinning facts to fit a narrative. Has anyone suggested Schneider threw the game against MSU in 2007? Miami in 09? That Michigan goalie in 2011? This is nonsense.
        OK, so he graduated, applied for grad school AND was admitted. Arguably, isn't that justification he originally planned to return to use the final season of his eligibility then? Was Ottawa's offer SO good that there was NO chance there would be a better one next year??

I'm not claiming to know those answers - just to point out there is more than one way to look at it.

As far as the other teams/goalies you cite ... were any of their teammates ever suspended afterwards for a gambling-related offense? Probably, it's just an unlucky coincidence for BU. But it does create an awkward "elephant in the room" situation, and that's what keeps me at probably instead of definitely and nonsense.

All I'm saying is while I still need to see more to believe fixing/shaving happened, I struggle to see the purported evidence of tears and now an undergrad degree/graduate admission as conclusive in an exculpatory way.

I am not in the "guilty" camp, and I am not in the "not guilty" camp. I need to see more, either way. And yes, I admit and accept that as further information comes out, players with other D-1 schools (including UNH) could become implicated as well. I did some reading on the CCNY scandal this morning, and it ended up involving a LOT more than CCNY once the dust had settled on that situation. That's my fear here ... and it's not a "BU thing". It's a D-1 hockey and HE thing.

Would YOU bet your life on the outcome that nothing untoward whatsoever was going on here?
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2015-16 thread part 2-move along! nothing to see here! all is w

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Yet you pretty much wrote a novel on it.
          Just trying to be very careful about what I'm saying/writing here, Scarlet.

That this is revolving around the city end of Comm Ave. is already messing with my sensibilities.

Comment

Nice goal by JFK against Sweden.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              You neglect to consider (don't know?) that O'Connor graduated last spring, so he had every incentive to leave and go pro. He had his degree, he got into graduate school at BU, and was able to defer his admission while he tried his hand at pro hockey. This is a great example of spinning facts to fit a narrative. Has anyone suggested Schneider threw the game against MSU in 2007? Miami in 09? That Michigan goalie in 2011? This is nonsense.
              those goalies didn't throw the puck in their own net so not comparable and there was no following story about former players involved in a gambling ring on those teams. Though its extremely likely that OC was no more then a choking dog if he is named later as one of the gamblers tell me none of you wouldn't atleast think about it for a minute .

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Yet you pretty much wrote a novel on it.
                To paraphrase the Geico commercial..."If you're Chuck...that's what you do!"

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  To paraphrase the Geico commercial..."If you're Chuck...that's what you do!"
                  Fair enough. OK then, how about this ...

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                  those goalies didn't throw the puck in their own net so not comparable and there was no following story about former players involved in a gambling ring on those teams. Though its extremely likely that OC was no more then a choking dog if he is named later as one of the gamblers tell me none of you wouldn't at least think about it for a minute .
                  "Reader's Digest" version of my most recent post, for those unable to stay focused for more than two sentences.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    That was hoky' post?!?
                    No somebody else suggested that Providence got a lot of breaks on the way to the championship (which seems to be true). Hokey said they didn't.

In other news the "throwing the championship game" rumors continue.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      I suspect they will for a bit so long as there aren't many games being played and there's little else for anyone else to talk about, especially with the story being as inflammatory as it is.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        No somebody else suggested that Providence got a lot of breaks on the way to the championship (which seems to be true). Hokey said they didn't.

well, EVERYONE who wins gets a break or two. just the nature of the beast. being able to play at HOME was HUGE for the 16th(ish) seed. duh. being able to get du and miami there was perfect for them. who knows how that would have gone if played elsewhere. plus getting uno in the semi. PLUS getting two gift goals to win a thrown game () and they still almost blew it

Comment

I suspect they will for a bit so long as there aren't many games being played and there's little else for anyone else to talk about, especially with the story being as inflammatory as it is.
                          yup

mookie's dentist txt him yesterday with "the big news coming out soon" he heard at a dinner how bu is getting nailed for betting on their games with eichel being the ringleader.

hmmm, ok. :O

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            yup

mookie's dentist txt him yesterday with "the big news coming out soon" he heard at a dinner how bu is getting nailed for betting on their games with eichel being the ringleader.

hmmm, ok. :O
                            I also heard a rumor eichel drank once when he was in college then he drunkenly went out and TP'd the entire SMG building.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I also heard a rumor eichel drank once when he was in college then he drunkenly went out and TP'd the entire SMG building.
                              not heard that yet...

Comment

4 points at the Garden for the Boy Wonder. I wonder how many former teammates were in his parents box? I'd bet more than a few. 😀
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X