• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ Miami, 1/2/16 & 1/3/16

discuss
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI @ Miami, 1/2/16 & 1/3/16

We will need to be a lot sharper in 3 weeks than we were tonight. Miami is not ASU. Like the line combination experiment but would most certainly go back to the MNM line for our next 2 games.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      We will need to be a lot sharper in 3 weeks than we were tonight. Miami is not ASU. Like the line combination experiment but would most certainly go back to the MNM line for our next 2 games.
      How can we lose on my birthday and on what would have been my father's birthday?
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Miami (State) is not ASU.
        Season W/L/T so far say they are...

Comment

Considering going to one of these. It might be a fun one to watch.

Comment

Miami has a bad record but almost all games were against ranked opponents. They have the #7 SOS. Kind of like Dartmouth at the time RPI played them. It's tough to tell how good they are.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI92 View Post
              Miami has a bad record but almost all games were against ranked opponents. They have the #7 SOS. Kind of like Dartmouth at the time RPI played them. It's tough to tell how good they are.
              Exactly. Season records are not all the same. Some schedules are filled with cream puffs and some are not.

Comment

Exactly. Season records are not all the same. Some schedules are filled with cream puffs and some are not.
                This team has shown that it can play with the best. This is the first year in SA's tenure that I believe that as long as we "play the right way", we can beat anybody.
                Now it is up to the coaches to get the team to play that way.
                Miami will be a good test, but we need to be ready for the ECAC games.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  This team has shown that it can play with the best. This is the first year in SA's tenure that I believe that as long as we "play the right way", we can beat anybody.
                  Now it is up to the coaches to get the team to play that way.
                  Miami will be a good test, but we need to be ready for the ECAC games.
                  I also feel we have the talent to compete this year. My only serious question mark, and it has been there for almost every game, is the tendency for our defense to take too long to make the decision about what to do with the puck to clear the zone. Often the delay causes them to try to freeze the puck up against the boards while the fore check establishes themselves and the opponent's defense has time to get into the zone and set up along the board at the points to keep the puck in. I think I see less of this when Grant has been on the ice but for me the jury is still out.

Comment

Miami is one if two teams to hold Providence to a tie this season. They also are the only team to be swept by Colorado this year.

I have no idea what all that really means except that I wouldn't want to predict the result.

Comment

I also feel we have the talent to compete this year. My only serious question mark, and it has been there for almost every game, is the tendency for our defense to take too long to make the decision about what to do with the puck to clear the zone. Often the delay causes them to try to freeze the puck up against the boards while the fore check establishes themselves and the opponent's defense has time to get into the zone and set up along the board at the points to keep the puck in. I think I see less of this when Grant has been on the ice but for me the jury is still out.
                      I have two problems with what you describe. First let me say that I agree with you.
                      My problems are first, they have no respect for the defensive blue line. They will not make the easy play and just get the puck across the blue line. Second, we have three defensemen (Praps, Moore and Grant) that are really talented puck handlers. They show it in the neutral zone and the offensive zone, but you rarely see them put their head down and skate it out of the defensive zone.
                      If we are going to make any noise this year, we have to be better clearing the defensive zone. The good teams will make us pay.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      Gary Player

Comment

I have two problems with what you describe. First let me say that I agree with you.
                        My problems are first, they have no respect for the defensive blue line. They will not make the easy play and just get the puck across the blue line. Second, we have three defensemen (Praps, Moore and Grant) that are really talented puck handlers. They show it in the neutral zone and the offensive zone, but you rarely see them put their head down and skate it out of the defensive zone.
                        If we are going to make any noise this year, we have to be better clearing the defensive zone. The good teams will make us pay.
                        ......so you’re not a fan of the way Praps constantly skates in front of his goalie with the puck
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I would grade this an A+. I get nervous every time the defense starts to get cute in our zone. Each level higher in hockey you have a fraction of a second less, as a defenseman, to decide what you are going to do and then do it. Simply put, the forwards coming in are just that much quicker. Once you decide, you have to do it and do it with enough force to be effective at clearing the zone. For the most part, this is a weakness for us and has been for years.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            ......so you’re not a fan of the way Praps constantly skates in front of his goalie with the puck
                            i am a big fan of Praps in the offensive zone. And I could be a bigger fan, if he would just take the puck out of the defensive zone without taking the great circle route. He is a great skater and puck handler, but he needs to get his head on straight in the defensive zone. JMO
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            Gary Player

Comment

Ok, how is Merrislack ranked and RPI is not? Sorry to interrupt, but that seems wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X