Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the problem!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the probl

wonder if putting a sign on barry's yard (only a sign, nothing illegal or anything) would maybe make him realize fans are ****ed. Barry's address is publicly available, Eaves is not.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the probl

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
      I just watched the Wittchow hit on Novak. Wittchow did not jump into the hit. His skates were on the ice when he made contact. He hit Novak up high - it wasn't like that Ramage hit on SCSU that the refs screwed up several years back. Wittchow definitely landed his shoulder on the underside of the chin, even if possibly getting the upper chest first (if you want to get really technical). No matter what Wittchow's intent was at the time, the result was awful to see.

Unless I see more replays that somehow change things, that's all I have to say on that play. Those are all facts, based on the video I saw from a couple of angles. (I suppose the last sentence in that first paragraph was an opinion, but it's one we can all agree on.) Even if the game didn't turn out to be such a joke, I wouldn't complain about that call.
      The way his head snapped back i don't see a way he isn't suspended additionally. He already misses the next game with the disqualification.

And yes it was hard to watch. He was knocked out.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
        To me, the one positive from attending that game was that the student section still has great spirit. We had to find humor down the stretch in the third - chanting silly, sarcastic (and U-Mn teasing) things is better than just being sad. There's no way that would've happened in the other student sections based on my experience.

The women's game this afternoon was pretty exciting...
        There was some energy but hardly any students in the second level. Pretty poor attendance I think.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Whoa
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ice Bisquit View Post
            Redemption Time -- let's hope the boys show some pride tonight!
            Or not. That was humiliating.

I am not sure what inane metaphor Eaves will dream up this week, but this team does not have a case of Osgoode-Schlatter disease (as he bloviated last week week on his TV show); rather this program is a candidate for palliative care unless Dr. Alvarez removes this tumor of a coaching staff.

The Goofers started slow this season and have obviously improved over the course of the school year. The same cannot be said of the BADgers. This program is heading in the wrong direction and fast.

Comment

What'd I miss?

We win?

We at least look good in defeat?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                What'd I miss?

We win?

Lol
                WISCONSIN BADGERS
                NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                  Lol

Lol or wail out loud?

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                    There was some energy but hardly any students in the second level. Pretty poor attendance I think.
                    Unfortunately, that has to do with abysmal ticket sales this year, not turnout for this weekend's series in particular.

Comment

What'd I miss?

We win?

The Badgers scored a couple times, and there were other times where the Badgers stopped some Minnesota possessions. Also, the Badgers won the second period.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        What'd I miss?

We win?

If you recorded it I'd say only watch the second period. It's the only period the badgers gave a dam in. The other two periods will make you want to smash your tv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Happy View Post
                          You poor guys, is there any hope at all?
                          No.

None.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

The last three weekends should be enough to kill the myth that this year's team is much improved from last year's. There's no hay in the barn and the animals are all dead. (Maybe if we start talking like them, they'll understand)

Comment

What'd I miss?

We win?

Just start drinking. Heavily.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Okay, tough question: Would you trade the '06 title for having UW hockey back where it "should be"?

Assume that the magic reversal of fortune happens in 2011 or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X