Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the problem!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the probl

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
    Sigh, the 99-00 team flaming out still hurts more than 2010 team losing in the championship.
    Agreed. I had higher hopes/expectations for the 99-00 team than I did for 09-10 team or 14 team. Being at the Kohl for the presentation of the MacNaughton Cup was awesome. And then I still remember how queasy my stomach got when the brackets were released and it was evident we'd get BC after the bye. The nervousness set in because I knew we were legit; but, could be tripped up by BC, which proved to be the case. Had they still been playing series though, I think we would have taken it.

I was excited/happy to see the 09-10 team do well; but, I agree that I never really felt like that was a championship team throughout that season, and always felt like a loss was coming somewhere.

Oh, and while I was happy Blake won the Hobey, I think Reinprecht may have been more deserving in 2000 - he really had a great year.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the probl

Originally posted by oldtyme25 View Post
      Well here we are at mid-season and while this season has been mildly more entertaining than last season's toilet bowl, here is what we have to show for it.

We have 4 wins which is the same as last season. But alas, 2 of those win came against Arizona State, a first year team without a conference. Take away those two wins and that means ASU has beaten more real teams than Wisconsin! Excluding ASU, the only team nationally with fewer wins than Wisconsin is Niagra.

Attendance is down again, and our fearless leader is talking about making hay when all we are getting is horse apples. Please BA, pull the trigger so the turn-around can begin!
      If we don't win 10, Eaves must be fired. I don't think it's too much to ask. That is 6 wins the rest of the way: 3 out of 4 vs Michigan St and Alaska at home (very doable); and 3 other wins (out of 16 games). The big 10 is down, so this really shouldn't be expecting too much. For me to get any confidence in Eaves back, I'd want to see them win at least 12.

Otherwise, let's get a new coach in start building this thing again. Delaying only puts us further behind. Have to think Michigan St will correct the dumpster fire that is Anastos this offseason, and Michigan will be replacing Red soon - it would be nice to not have to compete for a new head coach with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        Well, of course it's pointless! When have I ever had a good point?

And I'm not sure I'm buying Burish for Blake. I get why you say it, and I know it's almost blasphemous to disagree, but man, Blake produced 28g/50pts. and was still one of the best two-way players in college hockey. 28 goals fills a pretty big hole on a team.

Intangibles >>>>>> Decent Production.

I loved Blake, but seriously... Burish was a captain of captains.

Him and the senior class and that little meeting and the rest is history.

And I know you said that you know why I said what I said, but...

I like to read my own writing.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

As an aside, I hope Burish becomes a coach someday

There's no way he won't.

At least of his own kids' teams.

And going out on a limb here, but I think he'll be decent at it.

Comment

Wisko published this on the Minnesota page, but does this sound familiar....

http://www.citypages.com/news/what-h...rogram-7960026
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

So how many B16 teams will have new coaches within the next 5 years?

Most here would say Eaves will go. So there is 1.
              It seems like there is a movement at Minnesota for something new. That could be 2.
              There is a similar uproar in the Michigan State world. Maybe we see 3.
              How long can Red continue coaching? That could make it 4.
              Gadowsky has never been one to stay in a place for too long. Could he leave Penn State make it 5?
              Rohlik at Ohio State is young and hasn't been trending in the right direction in his first shot at the head position. Could we see all 6?

I think this topic could support a thread all by itself...gather all of the angst of the B16 fan bases into one location, could this board even handle that?

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

Great points. Lucia may be suffering Jeff Sauer syndrome where the team may need to play with 5 pucks out there, all talent but no discipline aka Wisconsin in 92, 93 and 94.

Also, ha ha ha the big ten sucks. Barry and the boys will never acknowledge that and in the future why would other schools listen if the b10 schools seek realignment
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

That's an excellent read. Too bad the Madison newspapers, errr newspaper, doesn't have anybody that can write about hockey anymore.
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                    So how many B16 teams will have new coaches within the next 5 years?

Most here would say Eaves will go. So there is 1.
                    It seems like there is a movement at Minnesota for something new. That could be 2.
                    There is a similar uproar in the Michigan State world. Maybe we see 3.
                    How long can Red continue coaching? That could make it 4.
                    Gadowsky has never been one to stay in a place for too long. Could he leave Penn State make it 5?
                    Rohlik at Ohio State is young and hasn't been trending in the right direction in his first shot at the head position. Could we see all 6?

I think this topic could support a thread all by itself...gather all of the angst of the B16 fan bases into one location, could this board even handle that?
                    Having no special inside info, I'd put the odds at:
                    Anastos: 95% likely fired after this year
                    Eaves: 50% likely after this year; 50% likely fired after next year
                    Red: 50% likely to retire after this year; 75% likely to retire after next year
                    Rohlik: 30% after each year (I actually think they may be trending up; but, their admin doesn't seem that engaged which could be good or bad)
                    TDon: 25% each year
                    Gadowsky: 5% - I think he's there for at least 2 more years.

Yeah, likely to see a lot of turnover in the next 2-3 years due to firing and/or retirements (or forced retirements)

Comment

Checked my powerball numbers. Sadly, the Chuck Schwartz Suite at the Kohl Center is not happening for us.

Sorry guys.
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Checked my powerball numbers. Sadly, the Chuck Schwartz Suite at the Kohl Center is not happening for us.

Sorry guys.
                        That would be kind of epic. Have a suite rented out for every game that would be open to all/any members of the UW USCHO family.

Although putting all of us in a room together, during a hockey game, with alcohol available could be a formula for disaster.

Comment

Sorry guys.
                          You were only going to get a suite? I was going to buy the naming rights to the KC and pay to add a 2nd tier to LaBahn.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            You were only going to get a suite? I was going to buy the naming rights to the KC and pay to add a 2nd tier to LaBahn.
                            Huh. I was planning on having the team play half of their games in Atlanta. Probably for the best that I didn't win.
                            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                              Huh. I was planning on having the team play half of their games in Atlanta. Probably for the best that I didn't win.
                              I was going to be more greedy....I was planning on putting in a second ice sheet for our local youth hockey club.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                They could start with more concession stands at LaBahn. Busy nights you stand in line for fifteen to twenty minutes for the $4.25 Badgermax magical PH water.
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X