This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Seriously my friend. I read the news today oh boy....Hope to see you at the 'Whitt Friday!!!
    Sorry HR, but my next game will be in late Feb/early March. I'll be in Durham on Friday for my meeting but have to catch an 8pm to DC out of Logan.

Don't give up the faith!! See you towards the end of the season!
    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2015-2016 (Part Two) - Managing Decreasing Expectations

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
      Sorry HR, but my next game will be in late Feb/early March. I'll be in Durham on Friday for my meeting but have to catch an 8pm to DC out of Logan.

Don't give up the faith!! See you towards the end of the season!
      Bummer!! thanks..I will do my best to hold the fort. Just a tough weekend and I hate to sound like a 'fair weather fan'...Anyhoo.. we (well a few of us at the 'Whitt) are looking to make TyK's Century Club achievement something special. Just fer fun. We keep on trucking. Wishing you well and see you later....
      Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-18-2016, 07:59 PM.
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
        thanks, watcher. The wottons were a great family - played sports against the younger brother and sister (yes, she played little league).

How was langway on the gridiron for unh? Did he start at qb?
        lb

Comment

Sorry HR, but my next game will be in late Feb/early March.
          So, we better earn home ice for the HEA first round?

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
            I hate that part of the game, because for the most part the kids' not developing is on the recruiter, not the recruit. If teams want early commits, they should have agreements that bind both sides. That moralism aside, teams do this -- the more ruthless "professional" ones more so than others. North Dakota for example has about 10 kids who never made it on campus. Providence does this a fair amount now. Even BC, which is pretty honorable, has turned away Tiefenwerth, Evan Richardson, McMasters, Begert, Colin Sullivan.
            Agree 100%

Even if UNH wanted to turnover its roster, would there be enough late-developing talent available to re-fill the back-end? I think that's a strategy that may have worked in the past, when you're recruiting HS seniors but not today when you're recruiting 2-3 years in advance. At least not on the level UNH would need to do so to overhaul its entire defense. Can they find even one late-bloomer/early arrival ready to help on the back end - let alone five? I'm afraid its improve or wait until graduation for the defenders...

I like next year's forward group much better than this year's. There are younger forwards on this team that will finally get a chance to play top-six minutes and much better depth with incoming freshman. Snively's right, that pending further recruitment next year is UNH's 'best' chance to get to the NCAA's - how good that chance is depends on the development of Marks, Maller, Dawson, Chanter, Boyd & Furgele and a goalie emerging from next season's trifecta...

As disappointing as the NU series was, and this season is - it'd feel a lot better if there was some recruiting news and a light at the end of the tunnel. The recruiting silence is starting to make me awfully nervous and I hope its not a sign that these guys can't close. There are a lot of good young players (defensemen included) in the USHL and BCHL its time to start offering, setting deadlines and committing kids...

As for Umile, I honestly hope he isn't involved on any level. He's never going to coach these kids and I don't want him getting in the way of Souza and Stewart. At this point he seems to me to be a guy who would steer them away from top recruits for a number of reasons and I want him as far away from the process as possible. Souza is their future head coach, he's the one who needs to be meeting with these players and selling them...

Choose UNH - Great campus, great school, great facilities, great hockey history and a bright, resurgent future that you can lead!
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

Agosta Charged with Arson
              BS UMass Lowell 2015
              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                As disappointing as the NU series was, and this season is - it'd feel a lot better if there was some recruiting news and a light at the end of the tunnel. The recruiting silence is starting to make me awfully nervous and I hope its not a sign that these guys can't close. There are a lot of good young players (defensemen included) in the USHL and BCHL its time to start offering, setting deadlines and committing kids...
                Yeah, that ongoing silence on the recruiting front has a few of us on edge. You're in good company.
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Nice of them to post a picture of Agosta in a UNH jersey and not one of the three teams he has played for since. He couldn't skate and was a pylon on defense - I was happy he transferred to Quinnipiac. They can claim him now...
                  Live Free or Die!!
                  Miami University '03

Comment

And here's the perfectly pathetic follow-up to a similarly pathetic hockey weekend in UmileWorld:

Hockey Player Burns Girlfriend's Love Letters, Loses Control Of Fire, Calls 911

http://deadspin.com/hockey-player-bu...con-1753605753

You know it's going to be a crappy day when your mugshot shows up in Deadspin.

Some of the reader comments after the story are worth the extra few seconds ...

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Not that I want you to be here, but welcome to my world. it sucks
                      Hey wally, I usually go read the Maine thread to cheer me up. It's not working as well today though.

What fun we could all have again if Leaman returned to UMO, and we lured Bazin to Durham.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                        Hey wally, I usually go read the Maine thread to cheer me up. It's not working as well today though.

What fun we could all have again if Leaman returned to UMO, and we lured Bazin to Durham.
                        Fred Harbinson - http://www.pentictonvees.ca/coaching-staff (British Columbia connections)
                        Assistant of His Choice
                        Assistant Mike Ayers (USNTDP connections, BC & local prep connections)
                        Live Free or Die!!
                        Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          So, we better earn home ice for the HEA first round?
                          Doesn't have to be the Whitt - I travel pretty well... 😄
                          Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Doesn't have to be the Whitt - I travel pretty well... 😄
                            Whatl if we come in last and NICC fifth?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              Whatl if we come in last and NICC fifth?
                              UGH wouldn't that be a disaster!
                              I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                UGH wouldn't that be a disaster!
                                Ok, what if we come in 11th and NICC 6th?

Comment

Working...
                                X