PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota hosts Ohio State: 12/4 & 12/5

Pages : [1] 2

Driftryder
12-01-2015, 08:46 AM
Minnesota (4-7) hosts Ohio State (3-9) this Friday and Saturday at Mariucci Arena. Both games are at 7pm central, Friday is on FSN North and Saturday is on ESPN News. Both games are streamed as well, Friday BTN and Fox, Saturday streamed on watch ESPN.

Both teams were swept last weekend, Ohio State was at UNO and the Gophers were swept at home by St.Cloud State.

Go

ScoobyDoo
12-01-2015, 11:06 AM
Gophers got a shot. OSU is in the Big Suck as well. Maybe they can squeeze a win out.

SanTropez
12-01-2015, 11:24 AM
Time to start playing Sadek. Our D is horrible, so what's the difference, let the kid learn, he has tons of talent.

Also, imo sheerhorn is starting to overplay way too many pucks and the other teams are getting easy open net tap in goals, maybe it's our D.

D2D
12-01-2015, 12:00 PM
Time to start playing Sadek. Our D is horrible, so what's the difference, let the kid learn, he has tons of talent.
With Seeler's suspension Sadek should get an opportunity on Friday, at least.

Also, imo sheerhorn is starting to overplay way too many pucks and the other teams are getting easy open net tap in goals, maybe it's our D.
I've noticed this as well. Maybe if his teammates would start covering the wide open backdoor guy we wouldn't see it as much.

SanTropez
12-01-2015, 01:18 PM
Too bad seeler is out, I would rather some other D (#6 leads that vote) be out and have sadek in the lineup.

gopher wes
12-02-2015, 07:44 AM
Gophers got a shot. OSU is in the Big Suck as well. Maybe they can squeeze a win out.
This.

And green arrow needed.

Greyeagle
12-02-2015, 09:02 PM

Maybe? When did you become an optimist? ;)

Wisko McBadgerton
12-02-2015, 09:11 PM
Holy smokes. If Scooby is the optimist, things are even worse than I thought in gopherland.

gopher wes
12-03-2015, 07:51 AM
Holy smokes. If Scooby is the optimist, things are even worse than I thought in gopherland.
You haven't watched any Gopher games this year have you?

Wisko McBadgerton
12-03-2015, 08:03 AM
You haven't watched any Gopher games this year have you?

A few. You guys have your 4th win and it's only December. That's a pretty blistering pace, if you ask me.

D2D
12-03-2015, 12:09 PM
A few. You guys have your 4th win and it's only December. That's a pretty blistering pace, if you ask me.
Haha last season the Badgers didn't get their 4th win until late February, so compared to that you're right the Gophers ARE setting a pretty blistering pace, if you ask me. Oh and I see this season the Badgers are already up to 3 wins! That's impressive until you consider that two of those came against that club team from Arizona. :p

goldy_331
12-03-2015, 01:00 PM

It is truly a sad place we have reached when a Stinkin' BADger fan is in here consoling us because the Gophers may not suck quite as much as his BADgers do.:(

D2D
12-03-2015, 01:29 PM
It is truly a sad place we have reached when a Stinkin' BADger fan is in here consoling us because the Gophers may not suck quite as much as his BADgers do.:(
Ouch, the truth hurts! :eek:

Wisko McBadgerton
12-03-2015, 02:22 PM
Haha last season the Badgers didn't get their 4th win until late February,

I knew if I just didn't use too many multi-syllable words, somebody would eventually catch on.

Slap Shot
12-03-2015, 04:41 PM
I knew if I just didn't use too many multi-syllable words, somebody would eventually catch on.

This is not Whioux or Husky thread.

SteveO
12-04-2015, 10:30 AM
With Big Ten play starting tonight, hopefully the guys can put the NC games behind them and begin to elevate their game. I just read the Gophers are 28-8-6 for a .775 winning percentage in 40 Big Ten regular-season games and at home 17-1-2 in the conference. I would think their only chance at the NCAA tourney is another Big Ten championship. They have a lot to prove this weekend.

SanTropez
12-04-2015, 01:35 PM
They really need to shore up that D.

They have scored 4 goals in 5 of the last 8 games and have averaged 3.3 goals a game during that 8 game period. PP is also at 21%.

Fix the D and a bit of loose goaltending and they start winning games.

SteveO
12-04-2015, 01:48 PM
They really need to shore up that D.

They have scored 4 goals in 5 of the last 8 games and have averaged 3.3 goals a game during that 8 game period. PP is also at 21%.

Fix the D and a bit of loose goaltending and they start winning games.

You're spot on here, they're not far away from turning their season around.

5mn_Major
12-04-2015, 02:58 PM
I'll be the one optimist. Gophers sweep this weekend. Then we get blown to smithereens next week in Ann Arbor.

Frankly our team is just not that good. We'll muddle along somewhere below .500 until we get axed in the B1G tourney.

D2D
12-04-2015, 05:14 PM
I'll be the one optimist. Gophers sweep this weekend. Then we get blown to smithereens next week in Ann Arbor.

Frankly our team is just not that good. We'll muddle along somewhere below .500 until we get axed in the B1G tourney.
Wow, I can only imagine what you'd type if you were a pessimist! ;)