PDA

View Full Version : Dartmouth & Harvard @ RPI & Union (12/4, 12/5)

Pages : [1] 2

Ralph Baer
11-28-2015, 06:08 PM
discuss

turk181
11-28-2015, 06:47 PM
So the last 9 game undefeated streak ended after a win vs WMU. Now start another streak against the Team that just ended it.

Waite21
11-28-2015, 07:22 PM
Actually, I think I'd prefer for RPI to start their next winning streak against Dartmouth, if that's OK with everybody else. :)

turk181
11-28-2015, 07:55 PM
So the last 9 game undefeated streak ended after a win vs WMU. Now start another streak against the Team that just ended it.

Actually, I think I'd prefer for RPI to start their next winning streak against Dartmouth, if that's OK with everybody else. :)Doh! :o

FlagDUDE08
11-28-2015, 10:44 PM
These guys AGAIN?!

Ralph Baer
11-28-2015, 10:55 PM
These guys AGAIN?!

RPI hasn't played DC since January. :D

FlagDUDE08
11-28-2015, 10:59 PM
Alls I know is that this had better not be the start of the mid-season meltdown we've been known to have plenty of times.

Red Hockey
11-28-2015, 11:02 PM
After tonight, I'm curious to see if Gaudet will start Buffalo on Friday. He essentially stole a tie for Dartmouth against a pretty good Michigan team.

engineerhockeyfan
11-30-2015, 08:28 AM
Just looked at Dartmouth's schedule. All of their losses were to ranked teams. They beat all unranked teams. We should not take them lightly. Coming off the Michigan tie, they will be ready to take on the ECAC.
I would guess that Kasdorf will be back after Saturday's loss. He better be ready.
I expect a totally different effort against Harvard. I don't know if we can beat them, but I do know that we can play much better.

UFan
11-30-2015, 09:08 AM
Dartmouth and Harvard are both playing quite well right now, they'll be a handful...
Go Union !

bothman
11-30-2015, 09:51 AM
After this weekend, Harvard does not play again until Jan 1st against Ferris St @ Mariucci. They played this past weekend without 2 of their top 6 forwards in Sean Malone and Colin Blackwell (who also missed the prior weekend against Quinny and Princeton). I'm not suire if they will be back, but given the long break, I would expect the Harvard coaching staff to err on the side of caution.

I expect Harvard to be very focused this weekend, despite of their convincing win against RPI only a week prior. They will not want to head into a 3.5 week break on a down note.

lugnut92
11-30-2015, 02:42 PM
Alls I know is that this had better not be the start of the mid-season meltdown we've been known to have plenty of times.

Nah, that started last Saturday, and will hopefully have ended last Saturday.

BigGreenFan
11-30-2015, 09:14 PM
After tonight, I'm curious to see if Gaudet will start Buffalo on Friday. He essentially stole a tie for Dartmouth against a pretty good Michigan team.

Have to believe Buffalo will start Friday given his play at Michigan. Although Kruger was excellent last year and has a lot of experience, Gaudet usually goes with the hot hand. We seem to play either really good or really bad. Not as talented as in previous years, but can muck it up and be hard to play against. Friday against Michigan was embarrassing - we looked like Pee Wees. Completely different story Saturday as the whole team played very well. Out shot the Wolverines by a wide margin in the third period and had a 4-3 powerplay in OT for 2 minutes with several good looks. Could have easily won it. Michigan backup goalie played well at the end of the game. Should be fun Friday night!

bothman
12-01-2015, 02:22 PM
Question for RPI folks. Does Kasdorf come back as the starter or is there competition given the solid performance of Hackett?

Ralph Baer
12-01-2015, 02:35 PM
Question for RPI folks. Does Kasdorf come back as the starter or is there competition given the solid performance of Hackett?

I would expect that JK would have to earn his job back, but I could see him playing against DC on Friday and winning it back. The starting goalie on Friday depends upon exactly how physically well he actually is and how well he is performing in practice this week.

I am sure that Hackett knew when he came that he would be the backup this season barring injuries or poor performance by Kasdorf.

Red Cloud
12-02-2015, 01:10 PM

One loss, to the #2 team in KRACH, and he's wetting his pants.

FlagDUDE08
12-02-2015, 01:22 PM
One loss, to the #2 team in KRACH, and he's wetting his pants.

In the last decade, we have had a meltdown around the middle of the year in every season (I'll give you 10-11 was slightly later, but early February is good enough for this discussion). If what I posted fires up the team to where they prove it doesn't happen this year, that's great news, and unlike some of the "bed wetters" you seem to fancy referencing, I will actually call out that they did a good job. Until they do that, it's like waiting for impending doom, and would not be surprised if it's one of the reasons there isn't much respect in the subjective rankings.

turk181
12-02-2015, 01:36 PM
In the last decade, we have had a meltdown around the middle of the year in every season (I'll give you 10-11 was slightly later, but early February is good enough for this discussion). If what I posted fires up the team to where they prove it doesn't happen this year, that's great news, and unlike some of the "bed wetters" you seem to fancy referencing, I will actually call out that they did a good job. Until they do that, it's like waiting for impending doom, and would not be surprised if it's one of the reasons there isn't much respect in the subjective rankings.You don’t seriously think that what you write here is going to “fire up the team”. Everyone knows why you Post these things.

FlagDUDE08
12-02-2015, 01:38 PM
You don’t seriously think that what you write here is going to “fire up the team”. Everyone knows why you Post these things.

Maybe it's just me, but we seem to play better when we have something to prove. I believe "chip on the shoulder" has also been used.

Red Cloud
12-02-2015, 01:44 PM
In the last decade, we have had a meltdown around the middle of the year in every season (I'll give you 10-11 was slightly later, but early February is good enough for this discussion). If what I posted fires up the team to where they prove it doesn't happen this year, that's great news, and unlike some of the "bed wetters" you seem to fancy referencing, I will actually call out that they did a good job. Until they do that, it's like waiting for impending doom, and would not be surprised if it's one of the reasons there isn't much respect in the subjective rankings.

Every team that doesn't win the national championship has this "meltdown" you speak of.

And turk is right. The team doesn't give a **** what you post any more than they care what any of us post - which is nothing.

Yes, you seem to be the only one of the bedwetters who doesn't vanish when the team is doing well, but while it's easy enough to chalk their absences up to cowardice, one can just as easily chalk your presence up to stupidity.

Your inflated sense of self-worth amuses me.