PDA

View Full Version : Shillelagh Tournament (Harvard, Notre Dame, RPI, WMU) 11/27 & 11/28

Pages : [1] 2

Ralph Baer
11-24-2015, 08:08 PM
Discuss. :)

Waite21
11-24-2015, 08:25 PM
RPI enters this tournament riding an eight-game unbeaten streak.

According to my quick review of the records, this is the Engineers' longest such streak since the 1998-99 season, when they had a streak of nine wins in a row.

Interesting to note that the ninth of those nine wins came against Western Michigan, the same school RPI will play Friday night in an effort to extend the current streak to nine.

DrDemento
11-24-2015, 08:28 PM
Have to wonder how playing a Tuesday night game will affect RPI playing the early game on Friday. We cannot continue to play games where we take twice the number of penalties as our opponent.

fr. joe
11-24-2015, 09:18 PM
Ralph & Doc, before moving on to the weekend, I had to dig up something about UNH scorers (re: Andrew's natural hat trick tonight).

Do you remember these guys? www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUEHAUJsKDE They were dynamic.

And do you remember our guys? Barry Martinelli, Dino Serra, Jerry Bailey, Brent Goss and I'd swear Rick Marsh was out there for all three. :o

But we won that game, too. :D

fr. joe
11-24-2015, 09:20 PM
Ralph & Doc, before moving on to the weekend, I had to dig up something about UNH scorers (re: Andrew's natural hat trick tonight).

Do you remember these guys? www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUEHAUJsKDE They were dynamic.

And do you remember our guys? Barry Martinelli, Dino Serra, Jerry Bailey, Brent Goss and I'd swear Rick Marsh was out there for all three. :o

Ralph Baer
11-24-2015, 11:58 PM

I remember that game quite well. It's too bad that the video of the rest of the game wasn't saved. (I asked the poster several years ago.)

fr. joe
11-25-2015, 03:26 AM
I remember that game quite well. It's too bad that the video of the rest of the game wasn't saved. (I asked the poster several years ago.)

That is a shame, it was a great game. (8-7, RPI with Rick Smith getting the winner in OT. Don Cutts' last win for Cherry & White.) The was a lot to be said for that playoff format... top eight qualify... #1 hosts #8, etc. ... single elimination.

Ralph Baer
11-25-2015, 03:42 AM
Have to wonder how playing a Tuesday night game will affect RPI playing the early game on Friday. We cannot continue to play games where we take twice the number of penalties as our opponent.

But we do and have for years. :(

Ralph Baer
11-25-2015, 03:45 AM
That is a shame, it was a great game. (8-7, RPI with Rick Smith getting the winner in OT. Don Cutts' last win for Cherry & White.) The was a lot to be said for that playoff format... top eight qualify... #1 hosts #8, etc. ... single elimination.

7-6, but who is counting. (Also the last win while I was at RPI.)

BTW, what does this have to do with the Shillelagh Tournament?

AspyDad
11-25-2015, 10:25 AM
Discuss. :)

Ralph you prob won't know this but I remember ND streaming games live. Do you have link and will they do all the games this weekend????

AspyDad
11-25-2015, 10:27 AM
http://www.watchnd.tv/#!/

Never mind.

DrDemento
11-25-2015, 11:57 AM

I remember them all but with time, some things become a tad less distinct. We have had some incredible games against UNH and I have traveled to their rink a few times for some.

engineerhockeyfan
11-25-2015, 01:52 PM
With no stand out teams in this tournament, we have a good chance to win it
Doesn't the host team usually pick their opponent in the first round? Does ND really think that Harvard is the weakest team this weekend?
It doesn't look like ND will have video of the first game Friday, so I hope wrpi will be up on hand with audio to bring us the action.

Ralph Baer
11-25-2015, 01:56 PM
With no stand out teams in this tournament, we have a good chance to win it
Doesn't the host team usually pick their opponent in the first round? Does ND really think that Harvard is the weakest team this weekend?
It doesn't look like ND will have video of the first game Friday, so I hope wrpi will be up on hand with audio to bring us the action.

The host team usually does pick their opponent. I am also surprised that they picked Harvard.

FlagDUDE08
11-26-2015, 05:40 AM
The host team usually does pick their opponent. I am also surprised that they picked Harvard.

Considering the Icebreaker last year, I'm not surprised.

Waite21
11-26-2015, 08:34 PM
One of the referees listed for Friday afternoon's game is Jamie Koharski. Jamie is a regular AHL referee and is the son of former NHL ref Don Koharski.

fr. joe
11-27-2015, 05:42 AM
7-6, but who is counting. (Also the last win while I was at RPI.)

BTW, what does this have to do with the Shillelagh Tournament?

Just recalling a big RPI moment... your last win as a student :cool:. Then you graduated and turned pro. ;)

fr. joe
11-27-2015, 06:41 AM
To realet: Ticonderoga and Tioga, noon at the Dome: Go Sentinels!

Ralph Baer
11-27-2015, 10:51 AM
Just recalling a big RPI moment... your last win as a student :cool:. Then you graduated and turned pro. ;)

Actually I was a pro already in grad school -- it kept me out of Viet Nam. :)

fr. joe
11-27-2015, 12:08 PM
To realet: Ticonderoga and Tioga, noon at the Dome: Go Sentinels!

Tioga 33, Ticonderoga 26 final