• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shillelagh Tournament (Harvard, Notre Dame, RPI, WMU) 11/27 & 11/28

Discuss.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Shillelagh Tournament (Harvard, Notre Dame, RPI, WMU) 11/27 & 11/28

RPI enters this tournament riding an eight-game unbeaten streak.

According to my quick review of the records, this is the Engineers' longest such streak since the 1998-99 season, when they had a streak of nine wins in a row.

Interesting to note that the ninth of those nine wins came against Western Michigan, the same school RPI will play Friday night in an effort to extend the current streak to nine.

Comment

Have to wonder how playing a Tuesday night game will affect RPI playing the early game on Friday. We cannot continue to play games where we take twice the number of penalties as our opponent.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Ralph & Doc, before moving on to the weekend, I had to dig up something about UNH scorers (re: Andrew's natural hat trick tonight).

Do you remember these guys? www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUEHAUJsKDE They were dynamic.

And do you remember our guys? Barry Martinelli, Dino Serra, Jerry Bailey, Brent Goss and I'd swear Rick Marsh was out there for all three.

But we won that game, too.
        Last edited by fr. joe; 11-24-2015, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Ralph & Doc, before moving on to the weekend, I had to dig up something about UNH scorers (re: Andrew's natural hat trick tonight).

Do you remember these guys? www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUEHAUJsKDE They were dynamic.

And do you remember our guys? Barry Martinelli, Dino Serra, Jerry Bailey, Brent Goss and I'd swear Rick Marsh was out there for all three.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post

I remember that game quite well. It's too bad that the video of the rest of the game wasn't saved. (I asked the poster several years ago.)
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I remember that game quite well. It's too bad that the video of the rest of the game wasn't saved. (I asked the poster several years ago.)
              That is a shame, it was a great game. (8-7, RPI with Rick Smith getting the winner in OT. Don Cutts' last win for Cherry & White.) The was a lot to be said for that playoff format... top eight qualify... #1 hosts #8, etc. ... single elimination.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Have to wonder how playing a Tuesday night game will affect RPI playing the early game on Friday. We cannot continue to play games where we take twice the number of penalties as our opponent.
                But we do and have for years.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That is a shame, it was a great game. (8-7, RPI with Rick Smith getting the winner in OT. Don Cutts' last win for Cherry & White.) The was a lot to be said for that playoff format... top eight qualify... #1 hosts #8, etc. ... single elimination.
                  7-6, but who is counting. (Also the last win while I was at RPI.)

BTW, what does this have to do with the Shillelagh Tournament?
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Discuss.
                    Ralph you prob won't know this but I remember ND streaming games live. Do you have link and will they do all the games this weekend????
                    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

http://www.watchnd.tv/#!/

Never mind.
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I remember them all but with time, some things become a tad less distinct. We have had some incredible games against UNH and I have traveled to their rink a few times for some.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

With no stand out teams in this tournament, we have a good chance to win it
                          Doesn't the host team usually pick their opponent in the first round? Does ND really think that Harvard is the weakest team this weekend?
                          It doesn't look like ND will have video of the first game Friday, so I hope wrpi will be up on hand with audio to bring us the action.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            With no stand out teams in this tournament, we have a good chance to win it
                            Doesn't the host team usually pick their opponent in the first round? Does ND really think that Harvard is the weakest team this weekend?
                            It doesn't look like ND will have video of the first game Friday, so I hope wrpi will be up on hand with audio to bring us the action.
                            The host team usually does pick their opponent. I am also surprised that they picked Harvard.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The host team usually does pick their opponent. I am also surprised that they picked Harvard.
                              Considering the Icebreaker last year, I'm not surprised.

Comment

Working...
                              X