Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UA_ @ UAA Dec 11 &12 …… Why? ….. Because it’s never too early.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    UAA all week hasn't given any attitude that shows that they care about this rivalry and that showed in that 3rd period. That was just bad bad bad. Beaten to the puck everytime, couldn't win a faceoff to save their life, no PP at all. It seems that UAF cares more about the Governor's Cup than we do and it showed.
    Your team has made it very obvious they don't care about beating UAF as long as UAA makes the final five, right?

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
      Any proof to this? Finals just ended for UAA.
      Oh now that's horse hockey. Finals were this week for UAF too.

Well UA_ has "won" it forever, why would the Seawolves care?
      * all we want about shootouts and the all-time record but the fact of the matter is UAF keeps putting their name on the trophy and there hasn't been one statement from the team that says that *ing bothers them. Well you know what? I'm tired of UAF fans on this board, on Facebook, on Twitter, in the parking lots, in offices, at the arena *ing crowing about it! I'm tired of *ing losing. I'm tired of them skating that trophy around! I'm tired of staring at a *ing banner that seems to collect dust reminding us that "oh yeah, it's been that many years."

Why should they care? Because it *ing matters. It matters to alumni, it matters to students, it matters to the university, it matters to the community. These games mean more than any other game this season and it's time to show it.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
        Your team has made it very obvious they don't care about beating UAF as long as UAA makes the final five, right?
        It seems so and I don't like it.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Re: UA_ @ UAA Dec 11 &12 …… Why? ….. Because it’s never too early.

ACC didn't play a bad game. Offensively, they didn't have a lot. But defensively, they took a lot of the middle away and helped out Mantha a lot.

But no offensive goals. Take away that penalty shot, and it's a 2-zip game. For the 'Nooks, special teams didn't suck. That's the biggest win in my mind. No power play goals on a few tries, but no goals against on the PK when our kill has been horrendous in the past few games.
          Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
            ACC didn't play a bad game. Offensively, they didn't have a lot. But defensively, they took a lot of the middle away and helped out Mantha a lot.

But no offensive goals. Take away that penalty shot, and it's a 2-zip game. For the 'Nooks, special teams didn't suck. That's the biggest win in my mind. No power play goals on a few tries, but no goals against on the PK when our kill has been horrendous in the past few games.
            I thought UAA was pretty slow all night and offensively they fell into the same trap of trying to be cute when they just need to shoot. Defensively was just meh. Both goals were from guys crashing to the net and getting a rebound. Basically UAA got outworked all night and especially in the third.

Like I said, UAF seemed to care more and it showed. It's frustrating to me to see it but it seems the fanbase at large is pretty apathetic about it. Don't look now but UAA has 3 in a row to UAF. All at home.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              I thought UAA was pretty slow all night and offensively they fell into the same trap of trying to be cute when they just need to shoot. Defensively was just meh. Both goals were from guys crashing to the net and getting a rebound. Basically UAA got outworked all night and especially in the third.

Like I said, UAF seemed to care more and it showed. It's frustrating to me to see it but it seems the fanbase at large is pretty apathetic about it. Don't look now but UAA has 3 in a row to UAF. All at home.
              Road team has won the last 7 games in this series.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

I'll give a mea culpa to Coach Thomas since he seems to showing some passion for this series:
                Thomas said he needs more out of his top two lines, which were held off the score sheet.

“Everyone’s entitled to a bad night, an off game – that happens,’’ Thomas said. “(But) you’re not entitled to it in this one.’’
                That's what I like to hear.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Media recaps:

http://www.ktuu.com/sports/jackstadt...-loss/36930004

http://www.adn.com/node/3054716

Nanooks take opening game of Governor's Cup

http://www.newsminer.com/sports/uaf_...8c6b1aafb.html

http://www.alaskananooks.com/news/20...212151047.aspx

http://m.goseawolves.com/mobile/View...B_OEM_ID=13400
                  “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Good job Nooks!

That game followed the usual script for this rivalry over the last few years and could have gone either way. The Nooks are a bit faster club but the Seawolves have a tougher presence around the net. Ironic (and about time) we picked up our goals around the net last night. The Seawolves had their chances in close, but Jenks played a Mantha-esque type game. Let’s do it again tonight.

Go Nooks!

Comment

According to the UAA media release, Jackstadt's goal on the penalty shot is the team's first since Shea Hamilton on February 4, 2005, and only the 2nd in program history. Congrats to Alex on a historic first career goal.
                      _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
                      No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

Originally posted by UAA08 View Post
                        According to the UAA media release, Jackstadt's goal on the penalty shot is the team's first since Shea Hamilton on February 4, 2005, and only the 2nd in program history. Congrats to Alex on a historic first career goal.
                        I was gonna say that was the last time I remember a penalty shot goal. What exceptions were thrust upon him, Hill I believe calling him the next Curtis Glencross.
                        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

When we scored that penalty shot goal, I knew we were going to lose. Scoring a penalty shot/shootout esque goal against our rival that was won like 7 of their 9 cups or whatever via shootout was a bad omen.

We gotta score early, get the student section fired up from the start (kudos for the Military Youth Academy coming when we play _airbanks, but it seems to me that they keep getting quieter and quieter as the years go by. That first time they came, they were LOUD). If the lines aren't already shaken up, shake them up after the first, soo many bad passes and pass attempts last night.
                          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

When we scored that penalty shot goal, I knew we were going to lose. Scoring a penalty shot/shootout esque goal against our rival that was won like 7 of their 9 cups or whatever via shootout was a bad omen.

We gotta score early, get the student section fired up from the start (kudos for the Military Youth Academy coming when we play _airbanks, but it seems to me that they keep getting quieter and quieter as the years go by. That first time they came, they were LOUD). If the lines aren't already shaken up, shake them up after the first, soo many bad passes and pass attempts last night.
                            Yeah last night they needed to come out and go right after UAF. Hit 'em, pressure 'em, go to the net hard, UAF was a wounded animal but they instead just let them hang around and grind out a win. Like I said, in my eyes, it seemed that it was just another game to the players. I had a bad feeling about this weekend all week.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                              Take away that penalty shot, and it's a 2-zip game.
                              Take away UAF's two garbage goals and it's a 1-zip game.

You are a ****ing moron.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                                Take away UAF's two garbage goals and it's a 1-zip game.

You are a ****ing moron.
                                Those garbage goals happened because UAF played better.

You're the *ing moron.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X