PDA

View Full Version : UA_ @ UAA Dec 11 &12 …… Why? ….. Because it’s never too early.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

mmf
12-11-2015, 06:12 PM
Is this just before they removed 3 blue plates with a "cheater bar" ?

Don't know. With so many blue plates it's hard to tell.

AKSWF
12-11-2015, 06:18 PM
I could care less than two flying farts about winning that "Governor's Cup", I want our team to cement you guys into last place. It's time for you guys to have your team in last place in the WCHA.

Jimjamesak
12-11-2015, 06:19 PM
Would have been mildly more funny if you weren't off by two prior Governors. C for effort, F for execution.
Do half-term Governors count?

Jimjamesak
12-11-2015, 06:20 PM
I could care less than two flying farts about winning that "Governor's Cup", I want our team to cement you guys into last place. It's time for you guys to have your team in last place in the WCHA.
I care about winning the Governor's Cup. I'm really *ing tired of seeing them win it. :mad:

Hal9K
12-11-2015, 07:19 PM

Cheers to this! Problem is, it's never easy. Doesn't matter who's in what place, these are hard fought games and anything can happen.

Hal9K
12-11-2015, 07:25 PM
...and please forgive UAA fans if they do not even recognize what the Cup looks like
Ouch! We have to take that on the chin. This year we get our cup game in gear. Goaltending is our key.

GoNanooks
12-11-2015, 11:38 PM
What is up with this horrible feed on fox 7? It's like watching with horrible wifi.

UAFHockeyFan314
12-11-2015, 11:51 PM
What is up with this horrible feed on fox 7? It's like watching with horrible wifi.

Sullivan...

mmf
12-12-2015, 12:00 AM

I'm watching it on GCI channel 1. Same feed as Fox 7 but no issues. The camera work is not very good.

No matter what is happening on the ice, two on one, pile-up in front of the net, or whatever, they feel it is always important to zoom in on the penalty box as time expires.

GoNanooks
12-12-2015, 12:33 AM
Goooooo Nanooks!! Finally broke that winless streak, and who better to do it against than the seapups!!

Squarebanks
12-12-2015, 12:41 AM
Know how you make an ordinary redeye back home into a great redeye back home?

This.

Time to have a glass of inflight scotch. Go 'Nooks.

Jimjamesak
12-12-2015, 12:50 AM
UAA all week hasn't given any attitude that shows that they care about this rivalry and that showed in that 3rd period. That was just bad bad bad. Beaten to the puck everytime, couldn't win a faceoff to save their life, no PP at all. It seems that UAF cares more about the Governor's Cup than we do and it showed.

Suze
12-12-2015, 01:27 AM
UAA all week hasn't given any attitude that shows that they care about this rivalry and that showed in that 3rd period. That was just bad bad bad. Beaten to the puck everytime, couldn't win a faceoff to save their life, no PP at all. It seems that UAF cares more about the Governor's Cup than we do and it showed.

UAA loses most faceoff battles, gotta work on that. UA_ really took it to them in the 3rd, and that is where UAA had been playing well lately ... coming from behind both games last weekend at Tech in the 3rd to get the win. Let's see a more aggressive, hungry Seawolf team tomorrow!

AKSWF
12-12-2015, 01:34 AM
UA_ came into the game averaging 4 goals against in league play, and we scored one, on a penalty shot.

There were some ticky tacky non-calls that I wish went in our favor, but there were also some non calls late on us too.

We don't play immensely better 5 x 5 we will lose again tomorrow night.

AKSWF
12-12-2015, 01:35 AM

Any proof to this? Finals just ended for UAA.

Well UA_ has "won" it forever, why would the Seawolves care?

UAFIceAngel
12-12-2015, 01:49 AM

Your team has made it very obvious they don't care about beating UAF as long as UAA makes the final five, right?

Jimjamesak
12-12-2015, 02:10 AM
Any proof to this? Finals just ended for UAA.
Oh now that's horse hockey. Finals were this week for UAF too.

Well UA_ has "won" it forever, why would the Seawolves care?
* all we want about shootouts and the all-time record but the fact of the matter is UAF keeps putting their name on the trophy and there hasn't been one statement from the team that says that *ing bothers them. Well you know what? I'm tired of UAF fans on this board, on Facebook, on Twitter, in the parking lots, in offices, at the arena *ing crowing about it! I'm tired of *ing losing. I'm tired of them skating that trophy around! I'm tired of staring at a *ing banner that seems to collect dust reminding us that "oh yeah, it's been that many years."

Why should they care? Because it *ing matters. It matters to alumni, it matters to students, it matters to the university, it matters to the community. These games mean more than any other game this season and it's time to show it.

Jimjamesak
12-12-2015, 02:18 AM
Your team has made it very obvious they don't care about beating UAF as long as UAA makes the final five, right?
It seems so and I don't like it.

UAFHockeyFan314
12-12-2015, 02:58 AM
ACC didn't play a bad game. Offensively, they didn't have a lot. But defensively, they took a lot of the middle away and helped out Mantha a lot.

But no offensive goals. Take away that penalty shot, and it's a 2-zip game. For the 'Nooks, special teams didn't suck. That's the biggest win in my mind. No power play goals on a few tries, but no goals against on the PK when our kill has been horrendous in the past few games.

Jimjamesak
12-12-2015, 03:20 AM
ACC didn't play a bad game. Offensively, they didn't have a lot. But defensively, they took a lot of the middle away and helped out Mantha a lot.

But no offensive goals. Take away that penalty shot, and it's a 2-zip game. For the 'Nooks, special teams didn't suck. That's the biggest win in my mind. No power play goals on a few tries, but no goals against on the PK when our kill has been horrendous in the past few games.
I thought UAA was pretty slow all night and offensively they fell into the same trap of trying to be cute when they just need to shoot. Defensively was just meh. Both goals were from guys crashing to the net and getting a rebound. Basically UAA got outworked all night and especially in the third.

Like I said, UAF seemed to care more and it showed. It's frustrating to me to see it but it seems the fanbase at large is pretty apathetic about it. Don't look now but UAA has 3 in a row to UAF. All at home.