X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota hosts SCSU: 11/27 & 11/29

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
    You were right, it was Nevalainen.
    Ok, I'd be ok with a 2 game for that. Not only was the placement malicious, but he charged him with two backstrides before he landed it. He'll be called into the office for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
      Who was the Huskies player that took that hit?
      Nevaleinen.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        I believe he already is sitting out the next game. By consensus of MN fans in the GPL live chat, another game would not be surprising at all.
        I can only imagine if this had been a UND player who did this. The outcry from rodent fans would be heard around the world.
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

FWIW, Seeler was ejected from 2 games while at UNO. Once in each of his two seasons here. Both involved cheap shots to a players head. Once on 1-26-13 in a 2-1 win by UNO at Bemidji State where he got a 5 minute major for head butting and a game misconduct, and, once more in a 6-3 UNO loss at New Hampshire on 1-3-14 where he got a 5 minute major for contact to the head and a game misconduct. He received misconduct penalties in two other UNO games in his career but these were in association with minor penalties for slashing and roughing, respectively.

I'd love to see a list of guys that have transferred to another school only to have the team they left then go to the Frozen Four the first year after they transferred.

I bet that is a mighty short list.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
            I can only imagine if this had been a UND player who did this. The outcry from rodent fans would be heard around the world.
            Believe me, the outcry was loud in the chat. Not ONE person excused this behavior. EVERYONE called him out.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Problem is Nevalainen missed games earlier this season to an earlier cheap contact to the head. I hope he's ok.

He missed the first two games of the season after a major checking from behind in the closing seconds of the second period(19:58) during the exhibition game against Alberta.
              Last edited by hockeykrazy; 11-29-2015, 09:50 PM.

Comment

I think that is the 3 or 4th Husky to get removed from the game via a headshot. All of them drew penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Believe me, the outcry was loud in the chat. Not ONE person excused this behavior. EVERYONE called him out.
                  Got to be a complete idiot not to see that it was as cheap as they come. Hell he lined him up for 20 feet. And why would you want to put that dangerous SCSU powerplay out there for 5 full minutes? That cost them the game.
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Got to be a complete idiot not to see that it was as cheap as they come. Hell he lined him up for 20 feet. And why would you want to put that dangerous SCSU powerplay out there for 5 full minutes? That cost them the game.
                    That particular moment did not cost them the game. I'll leave it at that.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                      Every Gophers fan at GPL that commented on the hit ripped him plenty and I wouldn't blame a single SCSU fan for being ****ed. Opposing fans are typically going to be more vocal that's nothing new. Talk about obsession, JT.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Every Gophers fan at GPL that commented on the hit ripped him plenty and I wouldn't blame a single SCSU fan for being ****ed. Opposing fans are typically going to be more vocal that's nothing new. Talk about obsession, JT.
                        Yes you are obsessed.
                        I've been to GPL once and I threw up. Never again.
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• scsuhockey.com
                          CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            icehawk is a UND Angry Birds fan, for the record.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              icehawk is a UND Angry Birds fan, for the record.
                              We're aware.

Comment

Seeler is a good player but a complete knothead.

I've been to GPL once and I threw up. Never again.
                                There is a God.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                                Twenty red lights in his honor
                                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Working...
                                X