PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota hosts SCSU: 11/27 & 11/29

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

SCSU Euro
11-30-2015, 12:25 AM
These threads are better when tArrogance is at Max Power. I feel like I need to send you guys a Hallmark card: "Get Better Soon"

Dude Love
11-30-2015, 12:30 AM
I was going to come in here and talk smack....but that result was so unsurprising and the Gophers looked like absolute garbage for the majority of the weekend that it wouldn't even be fun for me. The Gophers recovered from an awful 1st period on Friday and played the game they needed to in order to stay with the Huskies: be physical. Unfortunately for them they were way too physical and paid for it.

5mn_Major
11-30-2015, 01:26 AM
These threads are better when tArrogance is at Max Power. I feel like I need to send you guys a Hallmark card: "Get Better Soon"

Nobody knows for sure. I think we'll slop our way through a disasterous B1G. But I don't think we're going to get better for the forseeable future.

Slap Shot
11-30-2015, 02:01 AM
icehawk is a UND Angry Birds fan, for the record.

Yes, was aware. :)

Stauber1
11-30-2015, 02:59 AM
Don't worry, we will. Anyone with any sense knew this season was going to be rough. It happens.

In a year's time tArrogance will be again in effect and fully warranted, just like the Jan Effect.
:p

goldy_331
11-30-2015, 08:38 AM
Boy SCSU's top two lines are VERY skilled. They move the puck like the good Gopher teams did. Makes their PP scary good.

Seeler is such a knothead. Hope he gets sat by the league and gets some more bench time from Lucia.

Dirty Dream No. 2
11-30-2015, 08:41 AM
Boy SCSU's top two lines are VERY skilled. They move the puck like the good Gopher teams did. Makes their PP scary good.

Seeler is such a knothead. Hope he gets sat by the league and gets some more bench time from Lucia.

That elbow couldn't have been any more telegraphed. It's the type of elbow that a Wolverine would throw.

gopher wes
11-30-2015, 09:09 AM
Good series, Huskies. You guys have a good squad, a d@mn good squad.

Sorry for the cheap shot. I don't condone that kind of stuff. I like the toughness aspect that Seeler brings to the Gophers, but if you can't control yourself better than that.....
I'm all for making a big hit to get the fans and your teammates jacked up but that one wasn't even close.

Good luck the rest of the way. See you in January, maybe the Gophers can give you a better run then.

St. Clown
11-30-2015, 10:39 AM
I really get a kick out of talking with my brother after the Gophers lose. Paraphrasing: The refs are blind! They missed... and he pocketed his whistle after looking at the other ref, just call it! They pretty much gave SCSU the win! ....Though SCSU had the better squad tonight.

It's like that after almost every loss. When the Gophers win, it's all because of the superior play and coaching. :D

gopher wes
11-30-2015, 11:07 AM
I really get a kick out of talking with my brother after the Gophers lose. Paraphrasing: The refs are blind! They missed... and he pocketed his whistle after looking at the other ref, just call it! They pretty much gave SCSU the win! ....Though SCSU had the better squad tonight.

It's like that after almost every loss. When the Gophers win, it's all because of the superior play and coaching. :D
Right, because no other fanbases do that LOL!;)

RL3AO
11-30-2015, 11:09 AM

But that really was a bad tripping call during the Friday night UND/SCSU series. :D

St. Clown
11-30-2015, 11:16 AM

Well, it's a bit more fun with my brother because he has season tickets, three rows off the glass near the corner on the home bench end. He tells me about how he's constantly yelling at the refs and how all the fans around him are laughing and agreeing with him. It's 100% validation in his mind. Well, while his wife was deployed for the Air Guard for most of last season, he brought me along to a few games. Let's just say that his perception of everybody around him and what I picked up from them are two very different experienced. :) There was an older guy trying to correct his understanding of the rulebook for an offsides call one game (something I gave up trying to explain to him long ago), and my brother just doesn't get some of the nuances to the rulebook.

There's just so much fun to be had when you go into those conversations with the right attitude. :)

Husckey Domi Nation
11-30-2015, 11:18 AM
St. Cloud sweeps the goofer losers.

Nice call.

St. Clown
11-30-2015, 11:26 AM
Nice call.

Did it hurt, patting yourself on the back so hard?

Any Huskies fan who said anything less was sand bagging. Granted, they weren't doing it to Scooby's degree of proficiency, but they were still doing it.

Husckey Domi Nation
11-30-2015, 11:27 AM
Well, it's a bit more fun with my brother because he has season tickets, three rows off the glass near the corner on the home bench end. He tells me about how he's constantly yelling at the refs and how all the fans around him are laughing and agreeing with him. It's 100% validation :)

And he was complaining about the call on Seeler?

But he must have left in the third period. The John was nearly empty late in the game.

ScoobyDoo
11-30-2015, 11:28 AM
Did it hurt, patting yourself on the back so hard?

Any Huskies fan who said anything less was sand bagging. Granted, they weren't doing it to Scooby's degree of proficiency, but they were still doing it.

Yeah, I was sandbagging. Gophers got their *** handed to them. :rolleyes:

St. Clown
11-30-2015, 11:35 AM
And he was complaining about the call on Seeler?

But he must have left in the third period. The John was nearly empty late in the game.
When it gets down to the other end of the ice, the jumbotron gives a good look as what's happening on the ice. It's almost like a TV broadcast, don't you know!

He never left early when I was in the rink with him.

Yeah, I was sandbagging. Gophers got their *** handed to them. :rolleyes:

Hey, listening to Wally and Frank, it was a 2-2 game when you remove all the special teams and ENG goals! :D

5mn_Major
11-30-2015, 03:32 PM
Nice call.

Not too fantastic of a call. SCSU was 7th in the nation and the Gophs PWR I want to say was in the 30s. People have been giving the Gophers too much cred based on well...its the Gophers.

I am a big home state guy. Nothing more I'd love to see than UMD or SCSU winning the big prize. I've got 5 teams I root for (having said that there is a prioritization there :)).

icehawk
11-30-2015, 04:14 PM
icehawk is a UND Angry Birds fan, for the record.

Slap Shot knows me well.;)

Koho
11-30-2015, 07:52 PM
Got to be a complete idiot not to see that it was as cheap as they come. Hell he lined him up for 20 feet. And why would you want to put that dangerous SCSU powerplay out there for 5 full minutes? That cost them the game.

I am not arguing that it wasn't cheap and he doesn't deserve to sit. But I don't think he lined up a shot to the head from 20 feet away. Looked like he tried to line up for a big hit on a guy looking down, but actually was going to miss him so stuck out his elbow to at least catch his head so the SCSU player didn't get by. Not an excuse. Still malicious hit. But not a premeditated cheap shot that you describe. Just like the knee to knee shots seen every year. The guy doesn't say in his mind, 'I am going over to take that guys knee out'. He realizes he is missing his check and sticks a leg out to catch him. Malicious is like the hit that ended Ballards career.