PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Friendship Four - Brown, Colgate, Mass-Lowell, Northeastern

Pages : [1] 2 3

Go-UML
11-22-2015, 10:27 PM
Thought I'd toss this out there for the teams and the people heading over.

Rainman
11-22-2015, 10:44 PM
If you live in New England, NESN is airing Friday's games. Brown-Colgate is at 11 AM, followed by Lowell-Northeastern at 2:15 PM.

Both of Saturday's games will air on NESN Plus, due to the main NESN channel airing the BC-Syracuse football game.

J.D.
11-22-2015, 10:46 PM
Every opponent considers northeastern a friend

northeastern
11-22-2015, 10:59 PM
Every opponent considers northeastern a friend

ha.. ha.. well said.
Also congrats to Lowell on winning this.. as they should.

Mike Hutter
11-22-2015, 11:49 PM
Brown v. Roy, if these two teams play each other Saturday, could be interesting. BTW, what's up with Kevin this year - o goals?

kdiff77
11-22-2015, 11:55 PM
There is nothing I want more than to play Northeastern on Saturday. NOTHING!!!!!

#Royvenge

kdiff77
11-22-2015, 11:58 PM
If you live in New England, NESN is airing Friday's games. Brown-Colgate is at 11 AM, followed by Lowell-Northeastern at 2:15 PM.

Both of Saturday's games will air on NESN Plus, due to the main NESN channel airing the BC-Syracuse football game.

Woo! Thanks NESN.

...But please don't stick us with Tom Caron...

red133883
11-23-2015, 12:41 AM
does anyone know what the overtime procedure is? 5 min or OT til there is a winner (such as the beanpot)?

ColSkate65
11-23-2015, 10:22 AM
Not crossing the pond, but thanks for starting the thread :)

Rainman
11-23-2015, 11:19 AM
Woo! Thanks NESN.

...But please don't stick us with Tom Caron...

What do you have against Tom Caron? It'd be nice to hear him calling an ECAC game instead of a Hockey East one for a change. (And for the record, I'm still ****ed off at NESN for letting Don Orsillo go.)

kdiff77
11-23-2015, 11:38 AM
What do you have against Tom Caron? It'd be nice to hear him calling an ECAC game instead of a Hockey East one for a change. (And for the record, I'm still ****ed off at NESN for letting Don Orsillo go.)

I don't think he's s good play-by-play guy. He's fine when he hosts pre-game and post-game shows for the Sox, but he doesn't call games very well and tends to talk about things that aren't happening on the ice for the majority of the time.

The Orsillo thing was a travesty. He's the best in the business!

still an empty net
11-23-2015, 01:19 PM
on paper UML is the clear cut heavy favorite as they have more wins than all three other teams combined. Northeastern and Colgate have the talent for the upset but just haven't had the the season they have been hoping for. The one thing the underdogs have going is teams aren't used to traveling this far so maybe some jet lag or something could help, who knows. I'll guess a final with Colgate/Lowell and UML winning it all.

Go-UML
11-23-2015, 01:19 PM
does anyone know what the overtime procedure is? 5 min or OT til there is a winner (such as the beanpot)?Friday games and consolation game will likely be 5 min OT and maybe a shootout? Saturday championship may go full OT. Not sure. NCAA rules on things like this specify that if not decided in 5 min OT the 'official' result is a tie.

Not crossing the pond, but thanks for starting the thread :)Welcome!

NU_Husky
11-23-2015, 02:11 PM
Heading over to Ireland tonight with a handful of other NU students, some sightseeing for a few days before heading up to Belfast for the weekend. Should be fun, regardless of game outcome :)

TheRevengeance
11-23-2015, 02:25 PM
NCAA rules on things like this specify that if not decided in 5 min OT the 'official' result is a tie.

Welcome!

Does this apply to conference tourneys as well? Pretty sure Northeastern was credited with two pairwise losses to Merrimack in last year's first round in games that went about 60 minutes of OT combined.

Not that we would have been top 16 even with two ties, but it would have helped.

Go-UML
11-23-2015, 02:46 PM
Does this apply to conference tourneys as well? Pretty sure Northeastern was credited with two pairwise losses to Merrimack in last year's first round in games that went about 60 minutes of OT combined.

Not that we would have been top 16 even with two ties, but it would have helped.I honestly don't know. Given the examples you cited and what I have observed/heard, guessing what I said only applies to in-season, weekend tourneys

Go-UML
11-23-2015, 02:46 PM
Heading over to Ireland tonight with a handful of other NU students, some sightseeing for a few days before heading up to Belfast for the weekend. Should be fun, regardless of game outcome :)Very cool. I know at least one team going over tonight. The small group I'm with is heading over tomorrow night. Safe flight!

Rainman
11-23-2015, 05:56 PM
does anyone know what the overtime procedure is? 5 min or OT til there is a winner (such as the beanpot)?

As far as I know, the Beanpot is the only regular season tournament that uses "playoff-style" OT. So I would expect 5 minute OT, then shootout to determine who advances (and if necessary, who wins the tournament), but the games would count as ties in the pairwise.

UML
11-23-2015, 06:38 PM
I don't think he's s good play-by-play guy. He's fine when he hosts pre-game and post-game shows for the Sox, but he doesn't call games very well and tends to talk about things that aren't happening on the ice for the majority of the time.

The Orsillo thing was a travesty. He's the best in the business!
TC always seems a little slow at reacting to what's happening on the ice.
I also think that Orsillo got the shaft.

joecct
11-23-2015, 06:44 PM

Not that we would have been top 16 even with two ties, but it would have helped.

A game that is decided with a goal with two teams on the ice are counted as wins/losses. Any games decided by the shootout are ties.