Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015 Friendship Four - Brown, Colgate, Mass-Lowell, Northeastern

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    Does this apply to conference tourneys as well? Pretty sure Northeastern was credited with two pairwise losses to Merrimack in last year's first round in games that went about 60 minutes of OT combined.

Not that we would have been top 16 even with two ties, but it would have helped.
    I honestly don't know. Given the examples you cited and what I have observed/heard, guessing what I said only applies to in-season, weekend tourneys
    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
      Heading over to Ireland tonight with a handful of other NU students, some sightseeing for a few days before heading up to Belfast for the weekend. Should be fun, regardless of game outcome
      Very cool. I know at least one team going over tonight. The small group I'm with is heading over tomorrow night. Safe flight!
      Gary

www.umlhockey.com

"It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
        does anyone know what the overtime procedure is? 5 min or OT til there is a winner (such as the beanpot)?
        As far as I know, the Beanpot is the only regular season tournament that uses "playoff-style" OT. So I would expect 5 minute OT, then shootout to determine who advances (and if necessary, who wins the tournament), but the games would count as ties in the pairwise.
        Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
          I don't think he's s good play-by-play guy. He's fine when he hosts pre-game and post-game shows for the Sox, but he doesn't call games very well and tends to talk about things that aren't happening on the ice for the majority of the time.

The Orsillo thing was a travesty. He's the best in the business!
          TC always seems a little slow at reacting to what's happening on the ice.
          I also think that Orsillo got the shaft.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
            Does this apply to conference tourneys as well? Pretty sure Northeastern was credited with two pairwise losses to Merrimack in last year's first round in games that went about 60 minutes of OT combined.

Not that we would have been top 16 even with two ties, but it would have helped.
            A game that is decided with a goal with two teams on the ice are counted as wins/losses. Any games decided by the shootout are ties.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
              ...And for the record, I'm still ****ed off at NESN for letting Don Orsillo go.)
              For the record, re-direct your bile to the Red Sox. NESN is nothing more than a Red Sox/Bruins puppet. The decision was made by the Red Sox brass and, yes, it was a travesty to the point where I'm questioning my allegiance.

Speaking of which, Thanksgiving dinner for me will be at the airport. (Not much to be thankful about so probably just Dunkin Donuts.) Bangers and mash in Belfast on Friday.
              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                I also think that Orsillo got the shaft.
                He's calling the Providence-NJIT basketball game on FS1 right now, if you want to hear his wonderful voice one last time. His basketball play-by-play is as great as his baseball calls.

Comment

He's calling the Providence-NJIT basketball game on FS1 right now, if you want to hear his wonderful voice one last time. His basketball play-by-play is as great as his baseball calls.
                  I'm sure you know he's a Northeastern guy.

Comment

So where are people staying and for how long? I saved up vacation time and will be over for about a week, staying in the Titanic quarter, going over tonight.
                    Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

Woo! Thanks NESN.

...But please don't stick us with Tom Caron...
                      Seth Bennett and Aaron Murphy will have the call for all four games, which will also be broadcast on TSN networks.

http://www.goriverhawks.com/news/201...124151154.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                        So where are people staying and for how long? I saved up vacation time and will be over for about a week, staying in the Titanic quarter, going over tonight.
                        Some of the NU people (but not the team) are at the Ibis City Centre Hotel. Staying on for another week or so to mooch off the relatives in Dublin and Cork.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                          Speaking of which, Thanksgiving dinner for me will be at the airport. (Not much to be thankful about so probably just Dunkin Donuts.) Bangers and mash in Belfast on Friday.
                          Bangers and mash is a pretty English meal. An Ulster Fry for breakfast after you land would be a more fitting choice.

I am flying over tomorrow morning to support Colgate.

Comment

ooooh breakfast fry up (English version is probably not much different- fried bread, fried tomato, fried egg, fried bacon, fried potato). I miss it. YUM!!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone over there!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                ooooh breakfast fry up (English version is probably not much different- fried bread, fried tomato, fried egg, fried bacon, fried potato). I miss it. YUM!!
                                I personally prefer a full Scottish. The black pudding "pucks" are surprising good and you can occasionally get haggis as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X