Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let's be Classy and NOT tie UMassy...UMass v UNH Friday, Nov. 20

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Save yourself the trip, 'dc. I've been a few times, the place has all the charm of a funeral parlor, and the couple of hundred rabid (in all probability literally) UMass fans who can be bothered to show up make for the *atmosphere* of a pep rally in an aircraft hangar. It's not a coincidence that I've literally taken our kids (back when they were kids) in the past to every HE and many ECAC venues, but this one was always left off the travelogue.
    Having attended a couple UNH-UMass football games out there, I can tell you the behavior is not limited to hockey. As a matter of fact, I think on one occasion the abhorrent Minutemen fans were the subject of a front page column in the UL.
    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
      Having attended a couple UNH-UMass football games out there, I can tell you the behavior is not limited to hockey. As a matter of fact, I think on one occasion the abhorrent Minutemen fans were the subject of a front page column in the UL.
      Those dirty hippies from UVM are the worst though!
      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

UNH 6-3.

UNH posts on this thread, 72. UMass 4.
        Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
          UMass 4.
          None of which are from posters who are fans of the "flagship" campus of the UMass system.
          BS UMass Lowell 2015
          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

My count from the first 19 posts is 14 UNH, 4 UML, and 1 BU (thanks, Scarlet). So, perhaps every game should not necessarily have its own thread?

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
              Those dirty hippies from UVM are the worst though!
              Depends upon what you focus on for "worst". I can think of some other candidates, as you might imagine.

p.s. - what is this "umassy" thing? is it like "uhn" ... or is it more complicated??
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Depends upon what you focus on for "worst". I can think of some other candidates, as you might imagine.

p.s. - what is this "umassy" thing? is it like "uhn" ... or is it more complicated??
                Chuck it's a saying, kind of like "be classy not Umassy"...so that's why I came up with it. Lame, I know...
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Chuck it's a saying, kind of like "be classy not Umassy"...so that's why I came up with it. Lame, I know...
                  OK thanks HR. I've seen it elsewhere, so I thought it was something the UML folks were throwing at the "flagship".

The age-old problem with UMA is they've never really risen to consistent relevancy in HE.

No relevancy = no rivalries = no fun.

Comment

OK thanks HR. I've seen it elsewhere, so I thought it was something the UML folks were throwing at the "flagship".

The age-old problem with UMA is they've never really risen to consistent relevancy in HE.

And, everyone hates Mullins.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                      UNH 6-3.

UNH posts on this thread, 72. UMass 4.
                      Correction. UML fans. I haven't seen any Amherst fans on the boards in a few years. The 5 or 6 of them seem to hang out on the hockey message board on the UMass Hoops site. They're few and far between just like the zero participation on here from Notre Dame fans.
                      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Welp thought that Wildcatdc wanted someone to get a thread going but what evs it's always ok by me to chat it up regardless...Man we need a win Friday night, esp over these guys!
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                          Correction. UML fans. I haven't seen any Amherst fans on the boards in a few years. The 5 or 6 of them seem to hang out on the hockey message board on the UMass Hoops site. They're few and far between just like the zero participation on here from Notre Dame fans.
                          Now that's what I call quality intelligence on the *enemy* - talk about search and destroy, love the focus and intensity. And kudos for the parting shot at NICC. Well done!!

Comment

What it is, what it is! Depending on what your definitiin of "IS" is!
                            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Now that's what I call quality intelligence on the *enemy* - talk about search and destroy, love the focus and intensity. And kudos for the parting shot at NICC. Well done!!
                              The funny thing is we can't even troll their message boards. Tried signing up, but one of the questions asked in sign up was something concerning whether you were a fan of UMass Athletics. I checked the yes box, then felt so dirty I unchecked it and had to shower for a couple hours to get the stench of degenerate neanderthal off.
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015
                              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                Welp thought that Wildcatdc wanted someone to get a thread going but what evs it's always ok by me to chat it up regardless...Man we need a win Friday night, esp over these guys!
                                Nothing to be apologetic about - love the enthusiasm!
                                Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Working...
                                X