PDA

View Full Version : Those Were the Days, or, Rekindling the Flame (Wars): BC visits UNH, Saturday, 11/21

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

FiveHole12
11-17-2015, 06:01 AM
Are you driving up Saturday ? I'll try to get a ticket @ BC tomorrow
I have 2 tickets but it's up in the air as to whether we go.
A family thing that may or my not get in the way. I'll know more by Thursday/Friday.

Nick Papagiorgio
11-17-2015, 09:18 AM
Christ this thread is already a steaming pile of crap.

Chuck Murray
11-17-2015, 02:15 PM

I'd politely ask you to refrain from further comment on UNH's out-of-conference record, thanks.

wildcatdc
11-18-2015, 05:06 PM
Apparently a game thread can't draw the BC posters out these days. Perhaps they are looking past us (understandable), but I actually think there must be a pre-holiday sale at Vineyard Vines or Abercrombie. Iron that madras, fellas.

Jon
11-18-2015, 05:07 PM

Oh, but it used to be worse. So much worse.
I remember when we used to try to figure out who we all hated more UNH or BC. This is before BC pulled away in mid 2000's. ;)

theprofromdover
11-18-2015, 05:30 PM
No Bobo, no flamewar.

wildcatdc
11-18-2015, 05:55 PM
No Bobo, no flamewar.

Seriously, what happened to FSteve?

Greg Ambrose
11-18-2015, 06:04 PM
They're waiting to get clobbered by Notre Dame on Saturday. A home game for ND at Fenway Park, btw

e.cat
11-18-2015, 07:44 PM
Seriously, what happened to FSteve?

No kidding, what happened to Darren, his sidekick (can't remember his handle) , and Blinky-the-Wonder-Chimp?

e.cat
11-18-2015, 07:45 PM
They're waiting to get clobbered by Notre Dame on Saturday. A home game for ND at Fenway Park, btw

I thought they were playing UNH Saturday!

Chuck Murray
11-18-2015, 09:50 PM
Oh, but it used to be worse. So much worse.
I remember when we used to try to figure out who we all hated more UNH or BC. This is before BC pulled away in mid 2000's. ;)

So true - but it was fun. And fueled by two programs' fans trying to prove the other was the bigger choker.

I can't even remember the last time I saw the term "SMT's" :eek: used in reference to UNH on here.

Fun quiz for the newbies: What did "SMT" stand for relative to the UNH Hockey program?

RENCEB
11-18-2015, 10:50 PM
So true - but it was fun. And fueled by two programs' fans trying to prove the other was the bigger choker.

I can't even remember the last time I saw the term "SMT's" :eek: used in reference to UNH on here.

Fun quiz for the newbies: What did "SMT" stand for relative to the UNH Hockey program?Quintessential "SMT" performance by the 'Cats this past Saturday night against Merrimack...

HockeyRef
11-19-2015, 07:23 AM

Fun quiz for the newbies: What did "SMT" stand for relative to the UNH Hockey program?

Pick me! Pick me! Pick me! Skating Mother Theresa's :D Now, what do I win? Am I now a true, legit 'Cat fan? :p

Chuck Murray
11-19-2015, 08:14 AM
Pick me! Pick me! Pick me! Skating Mother Theresa's :D Now, what do I win? Am I now a true, legit 'Cat fan? :p

Congrats HR - nailed it. :) You've won our undying respect & admiration. That's all I've got in the prize budget. :o

Bonus points (essay): What pre-HE year was the most mentioned on these boards back in the day, and why? :confused: :D

HockeyRef
11-19-2015, 09:03 AM
Congrats HR - nailed it. :) You've won our undying respect & admiration. That's all I've got in the prize budget. :o

Bonus points (essay): What pre-HE year was the most mentioned on these boards back in the day, and why? :confused: :D

Thanks Lord knows I try!!! 'Fraid you got me on this next q...was I born yet?!?😉😭

Nick Papagiorgio
11-19-2015, 09:29 AM
and Blinky-the-Wonder-Chimp?

Now that is going WAY back. We're talking Jim Ritt era.

HockeyRef
11-19-2015, 09:46 AM
Quintessential "SMT" performance by the 'Cats this past Saturday night against Merrimack...

Sure was!!! 😎

jcarter7669
11-19-2015, 10:18 AM
Wow, you UNH can't even start a proper flamefest... we ended up with a history lesson.

C'mon guys call JD stupid or something. At least bring up BC's pansy schedule... next year I heard they were scheduling an exhibition game against the women's team to prep for their OOC schedule.

Please step up your game... both sides. You BC folks can't go into the BU weekend with this little hatred. The fanboys will mop you up

HockeyRef
11-19-2015, 10:31 AM
Wow, you UNH can't even start a proper flamefest... we ended up with a history lesson.

C'mon guys call JD stupid or something. At least bring up BC's pansy schedule... next year I heard they were scheduling an exhibition game against the women's team to prep for their OOC schedule.

Please step up your game... both sides. You BC folks can't go into the BU weekend with this little hatred. The fanboys will mop you up

Ok BC has a pansy schedule and while we're at it their coach talks like Elmer Fudd...there. 😜

jcarter7669
11-19-2015, 10:38 AM
Ok BC has a pansy schedule and while we're at it their coach talks like Elmer Fudd...there. ��

Let's not forget he's old, blind and smells bad. On the other hand he doesn't get caught cheating, avoids turtlenecks and doesn't look like a *****.