• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ Bentley, Friday, 11/20/15

discuss
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI @ Bentley, Friday, 11/20/15

Since getting swept opening weekend at the hands of a good Mercyhurst squad, the Falcons are 5-1-1, including 2-1 vs. HEA.

However, one of the reasons for that hot start, netminder Jayson Argue, left last night's game with a pulled groin.
    Bentley University Hockey
    On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Ha, ha, ha; I think that this could be Bentley's first participation in a game thread. Falcons will be coming off a huge weekend with two OT wins at RIT, after losing their #1 netminder to an apparent groin injury. Max French is back after missing the first four games, and is playing huge, leading Div 1 in poInts per game. D has been the biggest concern, but they played better tonight, limiting RIT to a more reasonable SOG than last night.

But, the Engineers seem to be playing much better this season, so should be a great game at the JAR on Friday night. I suspect that it could be another sell out, all 1200+(?) seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        I suspect that it could be another sell out, all 1200+(?) seats.
        Considering attending this one -- are standing room only tickets sold?
        RPI Class of 2012
        Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
          Considering attending this one -- are standing room only tickets sold?
          All tickets are G.A.. Bring your own surgical gloves and mask.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Ha, ha, ha; I think that this could be Bentley's first participation in a game thread.
            We had game threads when RPI played you last year.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I was speaking with a reliable source at HFH tonight in regards to the non suited up players. This is what I was told:
              Good news: Kasdorf- has a minor knee sprain. Could have played this weekend if needed and will probably sit out the Bentley game probably returning against UNH. Milos Bubela- has an injured finger and should play vs. UNH at the latest. Alex Rodriguez- has started practicing with the team (wrist) and should be returning by the ND tournament.
              Bad news: Evan Tironese has a torn ACL and is probably out for the season (another tough injury for ET. Let's hope he can be redshirted). Jimmy DeVito- has academic issues. Could possibly return for the second semester or may miss the season altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
                Since getting swept opening weekend at the hands of a good Mercyhurst squad, the Falcons are 5-1-1, including 2-1 vs. HEA.

However, one of the reasons for that hot start, netminder Jayson Argue, left last night's game with a pulled groin.
                J Argue: 3-2-1 record, 2.38 g/a, .941 save %

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                  J Argue: 3-2-1 record, 2.38 g/a, .941 save %
                  Save for a 5 minute span against Merrimack, that g/a drops to 1.71.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                    I was speaking with a reliable source at HFH tonight in regards to the non suited up players. This is what I was told:
                    Good news: Kasdorf- has a minor knee sprain. Could have played this weekend if needed and will probably sit out the Bentley game probably returning against UNH. Milos Bubela- has an injured finger and should play vs. UNH at the latest. Alex Rodriguez- has started practicing with the team (wrist) and should be returning by the ND tournament.
                    Bad news: Evan Tironese has a torn ACL and is probably out for the season (another tough injury for ET. Let's hope he can be redshirted). Jimmy DeVito- has academic issues. Could possibly return for the second semester or may miss the season altogether.
                    He should be able to get a red shirt as he played fewer games than Schroeder did the year he got a red shirt. I am more concerned that ET has a chronic injury and won't be able to play anymore.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      He should be able to get a red shirt as he played fewer games than Schroeder did the year he got a red shirt. I am more concerned that ET has a chronic injury and won't be able to play anymore.
                      RPI's new construction usually includes a glass wall on one side. That doesn't mean new players should be glass!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Unless Tironese's ACL is abnormally in his shoulder, I wouldn't call this a chronic injury any more than Kasdorf has a "chronic injury" because he frequently has suffered them.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          Unless Tironese's ACL is abnormally in his shoulder, I wouldn't call this a chronic injury any more than Kasdorf has a "chronic injury" because he frequently has suffered them.
                          From the video of the hit that allegedly caused the injury in game, it certainly appeared to be a shoulder. Perhaps he has a second injury to a knee that was not made public at the time. If indeed it is an ACL, and it is a tear of any severity, it is almost always season ending and can actually may not make him ready for 12-15 months or longer. Not knowing anything about what injury we are talking about, I am just presenting a bit of generic knee information. If this is an ACL problem and not a tear but a much more minor injury (1st degree strain) then strike this entire post as there is no way to predict how long it will take to heal.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I never took a course in anatomy. (and as usual I wasn't thinking)
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

If it’s an ACL he sure was walking fine during the games this weekend. Milos told me he was going to play this weekend (Bentley) & I heard the same regarding Devito (some time ago). One thing I don’t quite understand regarding Devito, if it is an academic issue, & that is what I heard also, how does that come about so early in the school year. I heard it in mid Oct.
                              Last edited by turk181; 11-15-2015, 02:00 PM.
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                              X