NCAA Divison 1 Expansion in the West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Divison 1 Expansion in the West

With the recent addition of ASU to NCAA division 1 ice hockey, has anyone a pulse of the likelihood of other universities making the jump? I would think schools like Stanford, USC, Colorado and perhaps their local rivals would be interested. I emailed a couple of the AD's of these schools and jeez, the lack of interest was rather discouraging. Yet schools like AZ and Penn state seem to be different!

Re: NCAA Divison 1 Expansion in the West

Here's a 44 page thread that covers your question in some detail. The thread title sort of belies the subject matter. A good portion of it addresses the question you posed:

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...e-Moving-To-D1

Comment

Re: NCAA Divison 1 Expansion in the West

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
      Here's a 44 page thread that covers your question in some detail. The thread title sort of belies the subject matter. A good portion of it addresses the question you posed:

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...e-Moving-To-D1
      This is a very interesting post, as long as it may be. Thank you RC's

Comment

Originally posted by carlin View Post
        This is a very interesting post, as long as it may be. Thank you RC's
        Yeah, if you dig through this forum you'll find tons of speculation and rumors on possible expansion schools. A lot of people dream or theorize about pac 12 hockey. Up until Arizona, it was just pure fantasy. Colorado for proximity. California due to talent. Washington since the WHL has proven its a market. Some hope Arizona is a domino but given the pace of schools adding hockey I doubt it. It takes a lot of money and you just need a wealthy donor to drop a huge load of cash. That means the chances of it happening at any one school are really somewhat impossible to predict.

I suppose you said schools in the west in general. Most people tend to focus on the bigger ones because they have more cash / alumni. I don't think I've heard any specific rumors of schools further out than the Midwest. While some may tire of expansion rumors as they usually turn out to be pointless, I always them do enjoy a good one so if anyone else has heard of anything feel free to share.

Comment

Working...
        X