Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Btw, the advert for the asst. coach is out.
    Interesting. I would have thought they'd just rubber-stamp whoever Morris wants. But maybe whoever he wants isn't interested. Or maybe the university requires all openings to be posted publicly.
    Canton High School '76
    SLU '81
    KSLU game broadcasts '80-'81
    SLU fan '63-infinity

Comment

Originally posted by SluStatsMan View Post
      Interesting. I would have thought they'd just rubber-stamp whoever Morris wants. But maybe whoever he wants isn't interested. Or maybe the university requires all openings to be posted publicly.
      Or to go past a 13 member rubber stamp committee!
      SLU

Comment

• Originally posted by SluStatsMan View Post
        Flanagan took the Cornell asst. position (vice Scott).
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/ecac...e-mike-schafer

Flanagan to Cornell
          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Press release detailing 16-17 schedule
            although not on the website yet (still shows 15-16)
            http://www.saintsathletics.com/news/...-schedule.aspx
            obsessed fan of Saints Hockey (even when we were awful)
            SLU '79
            hockey photog since the days of pushed Tri-X

Comment

http://www.saintsathletics.com/news/...-schedule.aspx

schedule and Captains announced
              obsessed fan of Saints Hockey (even when we were awful)
              SLU '79
              hockey photog since the days of pushed Tri-X

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Flanagan took the Cornell asst. position (vice Scott).
                Yeah, why would SLU want to hire an alum anyway. That's a sentimental notion of a bygone era. With this AD and President, they'll probably be recruiting on the round table.
                9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Jake Slaker no longer committed to SLU, according to Mark Divver on twitter he's considering 3 HE schools and 1 B1G school

Comment

Nice WDT article on Wally

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/s...&template=mwdt
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
                      Jake Slaker no longer committed to SLU, according to Mark Divver on twitter he's considering 3 HE schools and 1 B1G school
                      What is cause for a little bit of concern is Conger played with him for a year and Will Harrison another teammate is another commit. Hope there were no deals down among teammates to play together.

We've been told that I think everyone left is committed so SLU would have to let someone else out....or the player would have to sit another year.
                      SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                        What is cause for a little bit of concern is Conger played with him for a year and Will Harrison another teammate is another commit. Hope there were no deals down among teammates to play together.

We've been told that I think everyone left is committed so SLU would have to let someone else out....or the player would have to sit another year.
                        Not sure what you mean -- are you saying that everyone else in this fall's freshman class signed NLIs? If so, do you have information on Will Harrison, Dylan Woolf, and Ryan Garvey? Those are the remaining guys for whom I didn't find any evidence that they had signed. In Ryan Garvey's case, though, I would assume that he wouldn't fly the coop anyway, given that he announced his commitment a day or two after Carvy resigned.
                        Canton High School '76
                        SLU '81
                        KSLU game broadcasts '80-'81
                        SLU fan '63-infinity

Comment

@SBNCollegePuck: Bloomington Thunder captain Jake Slaker, a former St. Lawrence recruit, has committed to play for @umichhockey http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...source=twitter
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

According to @FearTheTriangle Wischow and McLaughlin have committed to UMass.
                            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                              ......that would be Jake McLaughlin, not Marc.
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                                Piece by piece what could have been one of the top recruiting classes in SLU history is slowly falling apart. My prayer now is that we can hang onto forwards. We are well set at Defense for next year but once this crop of seniors departs we will need more "D". We will arguably have one of the best "D" corps in the country this coming season.
                                However......we can't afford to lose any more forwards or next year we are going to be entertaining walk ons for depth.

I think I understand a bit more now about the technicalities of these players who have signed letters of intent who are leaving. We are clearly "releasing" them and not holding them to their letters. I suppose we are "kind" to do this and although it is a slightly different circumstance other universities have not been so kind. (See Don Lucia and Horn as an example.)

Wischow and Slaker are huge losses. Assuming Kyle Hayton stays and finishes out we are set for a starter but sources told us that Wischow was good enough to even push Kyle for playing time.

I understand the deal about the coach leaving and players following him......but, depending on the player.....the experience at SLU is and will be so much more personal and special than playing at a hockey factory school (and by the by UMass is anything but a hockey factory. They are a large institution but their success over the course of the history has been very limited.) Few schools can offer what SLU can in terms of education, experience, being part of a family and being a Laurentian for Life. I hope most or all of the rest of these recruits realize (even with Carvel gone) how great a place SLU really is.
                                SLU

Comment

Working...
                                X