St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

If you haven't seen the save Garteig made in the second period that Mike mentioned . . . find it and watch it. You will not see a more impressive save anywhere at any level.

Edit: It's #4 on SC Top 10 today.
    Last edited by TimU; 11-22-2015, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
      If you haven't seen the save Garteig made in the second period that Mike mentioned . . . find it and watch it. You will not see a more impressive save anywhere at any level.

Edit: It's #4 on SC Top 10 today.
      Saw it on SportsCenter. WOW is all I can say.
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
        That was as fine a college hockey game as I've seen in quite some time.
        A fine game it was. Always great to see you as well Mike.
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
          A fine game it was. Always great to see you as well Mike.
          You too Mark.......it was nice to catch up with you and Luke.
          SLU

Comment

Not sure if there are any of you here who don't frequent the Facebook fan page, but Carvel signed a multi-year extension recently. Fantastic news!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
              Not sure if there are any of you here who don't frequent the Facebook fan page, but Carvel signed a multi-year extension recently. Fantastic news!
              I saw this posted there as well. Fantastic news indeed! Much deserved for Coach Carvel. The program is certainly headed in the right direction for the future and this is a great accomplishment considering he took over for one of the greatest coaches in the history of the game (if not then certainly one of the classiest). Congrats to Coach Carvel!
              St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
              4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
              2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
              16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
              9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
              2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Well the Saints are on the road for two big ECAC games. Hopefully they are well rested and come out with some zip!

I know the Tupper Lake crew is making the trip. Bring back four points!
                SLU '97

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
                  Well the Saints are on the road for two big ECAC games. Hopefully they are well rested and come out with some zip!

I know the Tupper Lake crew is making the trip. Bring back four points!
                  I had all intentions of making this trip this season (it's always fun to go to Lynah!). However, that didn't quite work out, so I will be enjoying from the comforts of my living room. Hoping to see the same effort as we got against Quinnipiac. If that team shows up we will (or should) win both games. Let's Go Saints!!!

16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                  9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000

Comment

Well.........getting two points at Lynah is never easy and tonight proved no exception.
                    I was worried we'd have some rink rust after having last weekend off. Only listened to parts of the game.........the radio feed was difficult to listen to. Heard some other folks had the same problem last week. Sounds like there are two stations broadcasting at the same time. The game and then a regular broadcast in the background. Anyone else have the same problem on the SLU Wolf feed??

After tonight is sort of makes tomorrow night a "must win" game. Just our luck that it appears Colgate after a miserable stretch where they couldn't do a thing right....happened to beat Clarkson tonight. Looked like a pretty even game from the stats. Hope the boys come out for their last appearance at that ice box they call Star with their guns a blazing. We need to score some goals!!!
                    SLU

Comment

Well.........getting two points at Lynah is never easy and tonight proved no exception.
                      I was worried we'd have some rink rust after having last weekend off. Only listened to parts of the game.........the radio feed was difficult to listen to. Heard some other folks had the same problem last week. Sounds like there are two stations broadcasting at the same time. The game and then a regular broadcast in the background. Anyone else have the same problem on the SLU Wolf feed??

After tonight is sort of makes tomorrow night a "must win" game. Just our luck that it appears Colgate after a miserable stretch where they couldn't do a thing right....happened to beat Clarkson tonight. Looked like a pretty even game from the stats. Hope the boys come out for their last appearance at that ice box they call Star with their guns a blazing. We need to score some goals!!!
                      As for the SLU Audio, I've been having the same problem..........I think one game I could hear ESPN 3 in the background, of all things. Also, the feed keeps cutting out. Got so frustrated when the feed cut and stayed out midway through the third that I switched to Cornell Audio. So, can somebody please tame The WOLF?

Tonight makes me nervous. Colgate has had our number in recent years. We'll likely get smoked if we come out flat like we did at Cornell. It is still a great week, though, no matter tonight's result because 'Carvy has re-upped. We are lucky to have him running the show.
                      GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
                        As for the SLU Audio, I've been having the same problem..........I think one game I could hear ESPN 3 in the background, of all things. Also, the feed keeps cutting out. Got so frustrated when the feed cut and stayed out midway through the third that I switched to Cornell Audio. So, can somebody please tame The WOLF?

Tonight makes me nervous. Colgate has had our number in recent years. We'll likely get smoked if we come out flat like we did at Cornell. It is still a great week, though, no matter tonight's result because 'Carvy has re-upped. We are lucky to have him running the show.
                        I have been fortunate enough to be able to watch the games online the past few games, but I did have a point where I was having trouble loading my video link and had to click on the audio link for a little bit. I noticed this same thing everyone is talking about, definitely needs to be fixed as it is incredibly annoying to have to listen to the dual audio feed that was happening.

Anywho, Cornell has very clearly turned the table from last season and they appear to be right back to playing the typical style of Cornell hockey we have all come to know. Solid defensively, use your size and great goaltending. So, as much as a win would have been nice there, considering we weren't playing our best and we were in it right until the very end is a pretty good sign all in all. Tonight's game we came out hard and competed well for most of the game. We had a few defensive lapses that resulted in a few Colgate goals and one that Hayton would probably like to have back, but overall it was a pretty solid effort across the board. It was nice to finally find some consistent offense this game. We will need to keep that going for sure. Next up for the guys is Vermont. Living in Plattsburgh, I'm not too far away from Burlington (+/- 45 minutes). So, I might head up and catch the game in person. Definitely will be there at Appleton the following night.
                        Last edited by Saints#1; 12-05-2015, 10:58 PM.

Comment

An ugly win tonight. But as Tim U says.........an ugly win is better than a pretty loss.

I need someone to explain the officiating tonight. IMO we got hosed several times on blown calls that let Colgate creep back into the game. I can understand if a penalty is called during play, and, on a stoppage......the refs huddle and upgrade the call from a 2 to a 5 or some such circumstance. But what I can't understand is how NO PENALTY is called during play, the Colgate announcers say........ "Oh Murphy blew a tire." Then the player goes head first into the boards. Play stops...then you huddle and suddenly there is a penalty (where there was none called)....and not only is it a penalty but a 5, hitting from behind and a game misconduct. How does that happen?
                          SLU

Comment

An ugly win tonight. But as Tim U says.........an ugly win is better than a pretty loss.

I need someone to explain the officiating tonight. IMO we got hosed several times on blown calls that let Colgate creep back into the game. I can understand if a penalty is called during play, and, on a stoppage......the refs huddle and upgrade the call from a 2 to a 5 or some such circumstance. But what I can't understand is how NO PENALTY is called during play, the Colgate announcers say........ "Oh Murphy blew a tire." Then the player goes head first into the boards. Play stops...then you huddle and suddenly there is a penalty (where there was none called)....and not only is it a penalty but a 5, hitting from behind and a game misconduct. How does that happen?
                            And why was the faceoff that started that whole sequence moved into our end? Why can a Colgate player blatantly interfere with one of our forwards for three seconds while he tries to go after a loose puck sitting just outside the crease? I also thought two of our penalties that came from scrums in front of Hayton should have been matching calls if anything.

Comment

Welcome to ECAC hockey. We've had it happen to us several times.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Welcome to ECAC hockey. We've had it happen to us several times.
                                You/RPI certainly have. I remember a playoff series several years ago where you/RPI played a best of 3 at Cornell and you won the first game. In game two, the officials called 12 or 13 minors on RPI and just 1 minor penalty on Cornell. And, voila, RPI loses the series in 3 games. Now, game 2 was among the hosings of all time.

The biggest was the first NCAA Championship game ever played, in which Michigan was awarded a goal during the second intermission and Michigan beat Dartmouth. It was discussed on USCHO years ago. I'm left to wonder if somebody now related to Don ("Me First") Lucia was involved in that decision?
                                Last edited by Muskieman; 12-06-2015, 11:05 AM.
                                GO SAINTS.

Comment

Working...
                                X