This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Ten > NCHC

The six teams that make up the Big Ten hockey conference have won a combined 23 national championships. The eight teams that make up the NCHC have won a combined 17 national championships. Even with the handicap of having two fewer teams the Big Ten still has 6 more overall titles than the NCHC (and half the teams in the NCHC have never won a national championship), so the next time somebody tries to make the absurd case that the NCHC is the best conference... excuse me while I laugh in their face.

Big Ten
    Michigan : 9
    Wisconsin : 6
    Minnesota : 5
    Michigan State : 3
    Ohio State : 0
    Penn State : 0

NCHC
    Denver : 7
    North Dakota : 7
    Colorado College : 2
    Minnesota-Duluth : 1
    Miami : 0
    Nebraska-Omaha : 0
    St. Cloud State : 0
    Western Michigan : 0
    National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
    National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Re: Big Ten > NCHC

You're right the best conference is clearly Hockey East.
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Just popped open a beer.... This should be rich.
      Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
        The six teams that make up the Big Ten hockey conference have won a combined 23 national championships. The eight teams that make up the NCHC have won a combined 17 national championships. Even with the handicap of having two fewer teams the Big Ten still has 6 more overall titles than the NCHC (and half the teams in the NCHC have never won a national championship), so the next time somebody tries to make the absurd case that the NCHC is the best conference... excuse me while I laugh in their face.

Big Ten
        Michigan : 9
        Wisconsin : 6
        Minnesota : 5
        Michigan State : 3
        Ohio State : 0
        Penn State : 0

NCHC
        Denver : 7
        North Dakota : 7
        Colorado College : 2
        Minnesota-Duluth : 1
        Miami : 0
        Nebraska-Omaha : 0
        St. Cloud State : 0
        Western Michigan : 0
        You live in Fargo.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

what idiot would claim the nacho is the best conference? they barely make top 3!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            what idiot would claim the nacho is the best conference? they barely make top 3!
            1A. Hockey East
            1B. ECAC
            3. nacho
            4. WCHA
            5A. NE10
            5B. AHC
            7. BI6

This was the first thought in my mind... any corrections mook?
            BS UMass Lowell 2015
            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              You live in Fargo.
              Yes, I do live in Fargo. Please enlighten me as to how my place of residence applies to this topic.
              National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
              National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

You live in Fargo.
                Yes, I do live in Fargo. Please enlighten me as to how my place of residence applies to this topic.
                In A Gadda Da Vida.
                Last edited by burd; 11-07-2015, 06:37 PM.

Comment

It clearly invalidates your trolling opinion.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

It clearly invalidates your trolling opinion.
                    My opinion is valid based on the facts that I provided. Where I live is irrelevant.

23 > 21

Comment

My opinion is valid based on the facts that I provided. Where I live is irrelevant.
                      It's quite relevant. It shows me you can't make an valid opinion with cherry picked statistics to get people on an internet forum going.
                      tUMD Hockey

Comment

Because all that methane from the cow **** in your backyard made you make one of the dumbest posts.

Comment

It's quite relevant. It shows me you can't make an valid opinion with cherry picked statistics to get people on an internet forum going.
                          I could make the same point regardless of what city I reside in. The fact that I live in Fargo has nothing to do with the fact that the six teams in the Big Ten hockey conference have combined to win 6 more national championships than the eight teams in the NCHC have combined to win. Again, the fact that I live in Fargo is not relevant to this topic.

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                            Because all that methane from the cow **** in your backyard made you make one of the dumbest posts.
                            What is so dumb about facts? Maybe you're the one making dumb posts: Methane? What's up with that?

23 > 21

Comment

I could make the same point regardless of what city I reside in. The fact that I live in Fargo has nothing to do with the fact that the six teams in the Big Ten hockey conference have combined to win 6 more national championships than the eight teams in the NCHC have combined to win. Again, the fact that I live in Fargo is not relevant to this topic.
                              Crack head, did they win them in the Big 10?

Comment

Working...
                              X