X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    The rivalry isn't dead. Some people want it to be because they either hate the other team too much or are trying to get under someone else's skin.
    I predict ten years from now the UND vd MN rivalry will be like the old UM vs UM rivalry of ten years ago it wasn't really a rivalry. Since, both schools have moved on to different conferences I have found for me every game feels like a non-conference game. It's not as enjoyable anymore so I have started to move on to the Wild for my hockey fix. It's sad!
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

So, the big ten > NCHC?

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
        Love the puppies this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
          meh.

The Wild couldn't close it out tonight and neither did Minnesota United.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
            meh.

The Wild couldn't close it out tonight and neither did Minnesota United.
            There goes playoff hopes for United...sigh
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
              Love the puppies this weekend.
              Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                Let me know when one of your precious NCHC teams wins a game in the Frozen Four. Winning in October and November is nice, but not as nice as winning in March and April. The NCHC is full of good regular season teams, but being good in the regular season isn't enough to warrant all of the obnoxious boasting that this board has been subjected to ever since those eight schools abandoned the WCHA and CCHA.
                Update: One of our precious NCHC teams won a game in the Frozen Four.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  Update: One of our precious NCHC teams won a game in the Frozen Four.
                  Not only that but they won a SECOND consecutive game in the Frozen Four.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

speed kills has crawled back into his gopher hole, not to be seen again until a gopher win over a NCHC team.

Comment

So pleased that the gophers continued their losing ways against in state teams . Did I read they are 1-13 against Minnesota Division I teams? Or is it 1-15 after last weekend's inglorious losses to SCSU/Huskies?
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                        So pleased that the gophers continued their losing ways against in state teams . Did I read they are 1-13 against Minnesota Division I teams? Or is it 1-15 after last weekend's inglorious losses to SCSU/Huskies?
                        Sounds about right. I don't think anybody is witnessing any of the losses in Mariucci Arena anymore. Attendance must be down fifty percent since the Big Ten started.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                          Sounds about right. I don't think anybody is witnessing any of the losses in Mariucci Arena anymore. Attendance must be down fifty percent since the Big Ten started.
                          In the year or two before the big ten formed we were led to believe by a few blow-hards that the big would dominate the sport. That the teams in other conferences would suffer hardships. It would seem the exact opposite has happened.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                            Nowhere close to 50%. Last time I looked, the Gophers still have the second highest attendance in all of college hockey, when measured in number of tickets sold. And I would guess there are more than 50 other D1 programs that would love to average the attendance at Mariucci in terms of actual numbers of butts in the seats.

As soon as the Gophers put together a couple of strong seasons, not only in the league but against their traditional rivals, the bandwagon will start to fill up, along with the seats.
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              Last time I looked, the Gophers still have the second highest attendance in all of college hockey, ...
                              ... because previous attendance #1 (Big Ten) Wisconsin's attendance has fallen off faster than a cheap prom dress. And North Dakota is still ahead of them, of course.
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The attendance argument makes me laugh. Total attendance is a joke. Percentage Of Arena Filled (or whatever it's called) is the true stat to follow.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X