Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Clarkson & SLU (11/6, 11/7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI & Union @ Clarkson & SLU (11/6, 11/7)

discuss
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI & Union @ Clarkson & SLU (11/6, 11/7)

Hope we are fully healthy for this always difficult trip. Expect more of the same when it comes to officiating. We will not get much help up there. Hope there is no let down after a nice sweep of Union. Go Red!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Hope we are fully healthy for this always difficult trip. Expect more of the same when it comes to officiating. We will not get much help up there. Hope there is no let down after a nice sweep of Union. Go Red!
      I am concerned about Tironese.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Me too. It looked like the same shoulder that cost him almost all of last season. Guess we'll find out more during the week.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
          Me too. It looked like the same shoulder that cost him almost all of last season. Guess we'll find out more during the week.
          I didn't recall which shoulder it was last year and was too lazy to look though last year's recruit threads to find out, but if it is I am quite concerned. Hopefully we will find out during the week, but based on past experience SA keeps it quiet.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            I was at the game tonight and share your concern with Tironese's injury.

Comment

I think RPI will be fine. Yes, Tironese is a good player, but I think everyone on the team is buying into what coach Appert is trying to do. Block shots, put shots on net, and play sound defensively. One thing that I have seen so far is that there is no sense of panic among the team, insofar as extra attackers and needing to get the puck out of the zone.
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Get ready for a different team come Friday, I'm not looking forward to Kasdorf, personally I think his pro upside is about as good as you'll get in college hockey. One thing I will say is I really hope the officials let us play because it will be a rough physical game, I'm obviously biased but I believe Clarkson has the best D core (de Haas, Tansey, Geiger, Summers, Amorosa, Thow) in the ECAC but as you've seen first hand Perry still is up and down (game 3 goal 1, yuck). Really was impressed with your weekend but consistency has been the achilles heel for both sides the last few years so who knows anymore, good luck and LGT!

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
                  Get ready for a different team come Friday, I'm not looking forward to Kasdorf, personally I think his pro upside is about as good as you'll get in college hockey. One thing I will say is I really hope the officials let us play because it will be a rough physical game, I'm obviously biased but I believe Clarkson has the best D core (de Haas, Tansey, Geiger, Summers, Amorosa, Thow) in the ECAC but as you've seen first hand Perry still is up and down (game 3 goal 1, yuck). Really was impressed with your weekend but consistency has been the achilles heel for both sides the last few years so who knows anymore, good luck and LGT!
                  Agree pretty much. I just think that most of what we say about any team in the ECAC could be the same. They are all pretty good and they can all have bad nights. Every game will matter and every point given up with a tie or a loss will hurt. The parity is just pretty much there each year. Years ago i could not say that about our league and could never compare the depth with the other big conferences. Anyone who thinks they can really know what to expect next Friday night is delusional. The only thing I could say is that you will get two teams out there that want to win and that will try everything they can to accomplish that.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

With Clarkson's hot start and my SLU Saints playing well I'm thinking a trip to the North Country is going to be a little harder than normal this year. Both teams look to be legitimate contenders for a top 4 finish. However, one thing I do know is the parity in this league is incredible, so any result wouldn't surprise me. As for the Saints....the only disturbing pattern has been coming out a little overconfident and not putting out the best effort on Friday nights and then ramping it up big time on Saturday nights. I'm hoping coach Carvel can get them playing at top speed both nights instead of just on the back end.
                    SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                      With Clarkson's hot start and my SLU Saints playing well I'm thinking a trip to the North Country is going to be a little harder than normal this year.
                      Is the North Country trip ever not hard?
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Agree pretty much. I just think that most of what we say about any team in the ECAC could be the same. They are all pretty good and they can all have bad nights. Every game will matter and every point given up with a tie or a loss will hurt. The parity is just pretty much there each year. Years ago i could not say that about our league and could never compare the depth with the other big conferences. Anyone who thinks they can really know what to expect next Friday night is delusional. The only thing I could say is that you will get two teams out there that want to win and that will try everything they can to accomplish that.
                        Yes the league has become very unpredictable and it truly is great to see, any idea if your pep band is coming up? In terms of the game I've kind of been surprised with the start of Melanson I really thought he'd have a breakout year, I haven't seen much of you guys but for vs. Union Saturday night, how has the season gone? BC game was a nice win for ECAC and Clarkson definitely know how tough that Alaska tournament is, should be a good game, have my doubts but hopefully there's some sort of atmosphere come Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                          Is the North Country trip ever not hard?
                          Well, a few years ago it probably wasn't too intimidating... Whatever year(s) the NC teams spent the season in the basement or close to it.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            Well, a few years ago it probably wasn't too intimidating... Whatever year(s) the NC teams spent the season in the basement or close to it.
                            It has historically been very intimidating for RPI.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

So Kenny G finally broke the ice on the scoresheet... could it be a Battle of the Music Stars with Steve Perry in net?

Comment

Working...
                              X