Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 Hockey is back!

Originally posted by Hello View Post
    Heard that Plattsburgh is getting an All-American (transfer Megan Crandell from SNC). If so, would she be eligible to play next term?
    I'm pretty sure she'll be eligible. I remember on the Men's side when three Plattsburgh players transferred to Curry during winter break, and ended up in the visitor's locker room at Stafford for their first game for Curry.

Do you have any further details on the transfer? Do you know if anyone is leaving Plattsburgh?
    Last edited by Scott_TG; 11-27-2015, 10:12 PM.

Comment

You may transfer between D-3 schools and play without sitting out.

And if I'm reading collegehockeystats correctly, she hasn't played this year, nor is she even on SNC's roster.
      Last edited by Hammer; 11-28-2015, 07:45 AM.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

As long as she's academically eligible, she can play. One day of practice with any team is a year of eligibility. Unless of course you get a medical clearance.

Comment

According to the game wrap-up on the Plattsburgh Athletics site, the ladies' comeback win over GA marked a program-best 20 straight wins.
          Last edited by Scott_TG; 11-29-2015, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
            IS rarely worth your time. Lol.

LOL....wow...the brain power is just amazing.

Comment

USCHO.com Poll leaves rankings unchanged.

The other site has Elmira passing Middlebury and Trinity dropping from 9 to out of the Top 10. I guess the coaches, SIDs and media members polled were unimpressed by the depth of the NESCAC.
              Last edited by Scott_TG; 11-30-2015, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post

The other site has Elmira passing Middlebury and Trinity dropping from 9 to out of the Top 10. I guess the coaches, SIDs and media members polled were unimpressed by the depth of the NESCAC.
                We need a like button on here
                UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post

Depth is more a function of how strong your weaker teams are and less a function of how many of your teams are in the top 10. The NESCAC sample size this season so far is really too small to draw any highly meaningful conclusions about their strength of teams other than Middlebury (except maybe for Wesleyan).

A different question is why are UWS and UWSP still getting votes for top 10 with multiple losses, ties, and overtime wins, some to slop teams. Not seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post

A different question is why are UWS and UWSP still getting votes for top 10 with multiple losses, ties, and overtime wins, some to slop teams. Not seeing it.
                    Its funny that you're whining that someone put Superior in as their 10th place team.

I'm guessing it was a western coach, probably put Stevens Point at 9, Superior at 10.

Stevens Point played tough out east, those weren't easy wins for Platts/Middlebury. Same with Gustavus...I'd wager Gustavus wins that game if they don't lose their teammate to a spinal cord injury and have a half hour delay in the 3rd period. I'm sure that rattled their concentration. Granted, Plattsburgh just took it too em after that.

I wouldn't call Eau Claire "slop" Are they the best out there, no. Will they be in every game they play...yes. They aren't going to get beat 9-0, 5-0, like the fodder you have out east.
                    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                      I wouldn't call Eau Claire "slop" Are they the best out there, no. Will they be in every game they play...yes. They aren't going to get beat 9-0, 5-0, like the fodder you have out east.
                      I think most people would call them slop considering their very unimpressive history. Granted there's a new coach this year so maybe a new team culture too which would be great for them. They've needed something new for a long time. I guess time will tell if they're going to lose by those big scores or not. We'll have to just wait and see.

Comment

I think it would be nice if we started showing a little bit of class and stop calling these young ladies that have been working their asses off for years to play hockey at a Collegiate level "slop". They could certainly wipe the floor with any of us sitting behind our keyboards writing about them. Some teams are better than others, sure, but how about a little class in the discussion? The women deserve better.
                        Steve
                        Penn State Class of '95
                        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                          I think it would be nice if we started showing a little bit of class and stop calling these young ladies that have been working their asses off for years to play hockey at a Collegiate level "slop". They could certainly wipe the floor with any of us sitting behind our keyboards writing about them. Some teams are better than others, sure, but how about a little class in the discussion? The women deserve better.
                          I second this.

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                            smile mom, "slop" is a reference to the team, not the individual.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
                              smile mom, "slop" is a reference to the team, not the individual.
                              Teams are made up of individuals.

Comment

+++1

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...
                                X