East/West 10/31 and 11/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East/West 10/31 and 11/1

Always an exciting way to get DIII women's hockey watching started, this year's East/West features 4 of the top 6 teams in the D3hockey.com pre-season poll (http://d3hockey.com/rankings/women/2015-16/preseason).
    East/West play is true tournament so we have Plattsburgh and Norwich in the opener and Adrian and Elmira in the nightcap. Tough to pick against the Cardinals in any game and you have to go back to the crazy 8-7OT win in '12 for the last Cadet victory over Plattsburgh (there have been 2 recent ties), but I think it is time for Cadets to advance to the final on Sunday. Elmira graduated 63% of last season's scoring, but returns an outstanding goalie tandem. Adrian comes east with the #6 ranking pre-season, an all conference goalie and nothing to lose. Upset number 2 sees Adrian and Norwich for the title on Sunday.
    Anyone else planning to be at Kreitzberg?
    All the best to players, coaches and fans for another spectacular season!!!

Re: East/West 10/31 and 11/1

Pardon my ignorance (and that might take a few minutes), but is there any word on video feed or live stats for the weekend?
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Pardon my ignorance (and that might take a few minutes), but is there any word on video feed or live stats for the weekend?
      Looks like there will be video: http://www.nsnsports.net/colleges/norwich/
      I think the game time for Norwich-Plattsburgh 10/31 is 2pm though.
      Last edited by obserbear; 10-29-2015, 01:45 PM. Reason: game time 10/31

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
        Looks like there will be video: http://www.nsnsports.net/colleges/norwich/
        Thank you. But here's the million dollar question: will that cover all four games?

God, that was fun...

Comment

Thank you. But here's the million dollar question: will that cover all four games?
          I have to bet if you beat Elmira and get to play Norwich Sunday you can watch! Just have to take care of business and hope for the best.

Comment

Live stats for all four games but unfortunately just video for the two Norwich games.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Live stats for all four games but unfortunately just video for the two Norwich games.
              Too bad they won't stream all 4 games. It wouldn't take that much more effort and if they did broadcast all 4 games the parents, family, and friends from all 4 teams (and other women's hockey fans that would tune in) would be raving about what a great idea it was to do that. It would put an even higher quality finish on this kick off tournament. Go above and beyond the minimum. If you're going to host a tournament I think you should broadcast all games, not just the ones your team plays in. That's kind of a self-centered way to run a tournament. If your team doesn't make the championship game there will still be people associated with the other teams that want to see it but won't be able to. Doesn't really make sense.
              Last edited by shelfit; 10-29-2015, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Awesome. Thank you.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                  Too bad they won't stream all 4 games. It wouldn't take that much more effort and if they did broadcast all 4 games the parents, family, and friends from all 4 teams (and other women's hockey fans that would tune in) would be raving about what a great idea it was to do that. It would put an even higher quality finish on this kick off tournament. Go above and beyond the minimum. If you're going to host a tournament I think you should broadcast all games, not just the ones your team plays in. That's kind of a self-centered way to run a tournament. If your team doesn't make the championship game there will still be people associated with the other teams that want to see it but won't be able to. Doesn't really make sense.
                  It also costs a significant amount of money to stream the games currently and without a sponsor for the tournament, we don't have any money coming in to help offset costs.

We'd love to be able to do every game, would you be willing to write a check to help cover the cost?
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                    I have had the pleasure to attend all six East/West tournaments. Norwich and Coach Bolding and the athletic staff obviously put a tremendous amount of time and energy into making this an awesome way to kick off the season. Kreitzberg is one of the gems of the eastern hockey scene. I know nothing about the money and other aspects of streaming games. I imagine the unwillingness of the network to stream the games that do not involve Norwich reflects the sad reality that they are unable to derive sufficient revenue from so doing and we are confronted with the fact that DIII women's hockey has yet to achieve commercial viability. I cannot imagine why that is, but things have come a long way in the 15 years I have been running around New England following it all.
                    Again I would like to thank Norwich for the East/West and Coach Bolding for going out and getting a team like Adrian to come east for this year!

Comment

It also costs a significant amount of money to stream the games currently and without a sponsor for the tournament, we don't have any money coming in to help offset costs.

We'd love to be able to do every game, would you be willing to write a check to help cover the cost?
                      Define "significant amount" please. I'd love to know the cost involved to be honest with you. You could charge a small fee for the broadcasts just to break even if you wanted to. I'm sure people would pay the fee to see their daughters if they can't be there in person as would other fans that are friends and family.

Comment

Platt 1 Norwich 0 end 1 shot 11-8 Cards. Big possession edge to Platt. Robert sharp in net for Cadets wants late goal back though

Comment

Start of 3rd 1-0

Comment

1-1 7 to go

Comment

Senese wins it assists to sheeran an Meneghan at 19:40. Final 2-1

Comment

Working...
                              X