Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

Ok folks, trying to revive HEA game threads....

Seems we have two teams trying to prove the preseason HEA polls wrong, but for different reasons. With a couple opponents in common, MC appears to be playing on a different level than the 'Cats, who suffered an ignominious tie at Amherst (blowing a 5-goal lead), before bouncing back vs. Union. Meanwhile, after dispatching with both common opponents (with ease, it seems), the Mack acquitted themselves pretty well with UML.

We up here in hay-hucking country are busy wringing our hands and gnashing our teeth about coach's choice of lines, not to mention trying to settle the situation we've got between the pipes.

Thoughts? Predictions? Costume suggestions??

Have at it, kids....
    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Re: Halloween, UNH vs. the 'Mack: A Whistling Turtleneck is NOT a Costume

I remember the days when UNH fans chanted "Drive Home Safely" to the Mac fans at their rink following another dominating win by the Cats. Seems like a really long, long time ago.

Comment

UNH will have their hands full with this Mack team who have started with a bang! Bring it...
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

First things first. BU on Friday.

It's a very dumb that we don't have a home and home with you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
          First things first. BU on Friday.

It's a very dumb that we don't have a home and home with you guys.
          BU lost to UConn 5-2 tonight, for what that is worth.

Yup, weird not playing home and home games with nearby HEA rivals, but need to balance the long two-game road trips to Orono, Burlington, and Indiana.

Also, weird that Mac will be playing at the John A Ryan Rink in Watertown this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            I remember the days when UNH fans chanted "Drive Home Safely" to the Mac fans at their rink following another dominating win by the Cats. Seems like a really long, long time ago.
            Home sweet home away from home. Yeah, seems like forever ago. But still an easy take, as I've yet to struggle to get a ticket at Volpe/Lawler on game day on a walk-up basis. So membership does still have its privileges.

Prediction: UNH starts Clark, wins 4-2, chants of "Drive Home Safely" begin after late ENG, all is good.

p.s. - is nicc still even in the league? don't they know they're not wanted here??
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Also, weird that Mac will be playing at the John A Ryan Rink in Watertown this season.
              A new standard for stretching to include the obligatory Bentley reference just set with the above post.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                A new standard for stretching to include the obligatory Bentley reference just set with the above post.
                Not a shock either. Dennehy is committed to returning visits. I think that's great for the sport and for smaller or less historic programs. I also am grateful since the Jar is a mile from my house. And it should keep us on the e-vite for when they do get around to building the accountants a new rink.

Comment

Home sweet home away from home. Yeah, seems like forever ago. But still an easy take, as I've yet to struggle to get a ticket at Volpe/Lawler on game day on a walk-up basis. So membership does still have its privileges.

Prediction: UNH starts Clark, wins 4-2, chants of "Drive Home Safely" begin after late ENG, all is good.

p.s. - is nicc still even in the league? don't they know they're not wanted here??
                  I agree with Clarky getting the nod, and agree with the 4-2 final. But I'm going to have to reverse the teams. The Mack has only given up 4 goals in its first 4 games, so something tells me their blue line and goaltending is a bit more put together than ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                    Not a shock either. Dennehy is committed to returning visits. I think that's great for the sport and for smaller or less historic programs. I also am grateful since the Jar is a mile from my house. And it should keep us on the e-vite for when they do get around to building the accountants a new rink.
                    So will you and Snively65 be divulging the local "haunts" for pre-game festivities?

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                      So will you and Snively65 be divulging the local "haunts" for pre-game festivities?
                      From the Reddit article I cultivated:

Routes 114 and 125 host a number of strip malls for your chain dining needs such as the 99 Restaurant, Burton’s Grill, Bertucci’s and Fuddrucker’s burgers. Andover Center is a couple miles away and has local dining options as well. (Grassfields for an excellent sit-down meal, Palmer’s has live music, Park Street Pub is your closest cash-only dive.)

A few nearby Merrimack local institutions include the legendary Harrison’s Roast Beef (the best roast beef in the Merrimack Valley), Jimmy’s Culpeppers Bar and Grill with its fine selection of craft beer, and The Claddagh, an Irish bar up 114 in Lawrence with plenty of TV’s, bar games and live music.

On campus at the Sakowich Student Center is Augie’s Pub, a school-run bar featuring plentiful popcorn and very reasonably priced beer for the Mack faithful. It opens late, at around 8PM making it a good postgame option.
                      We have some information from the trenches that nobody goes to the Claddagh anymore, in favor of the Gateway. Also, if you want to hit a nice cafe beforehand, El Taller in Lawrence is awesome and has good wifi.
                      Last edited by Yuppie Scum; 10-28-2015, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Will be at the game sitting in I think, section 12. Will be in blue, ha! Go 'Cats!! If anyone is hanging out anywhere in the Lawlor vicinity let us know!
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Fuddrucker's and Harrison's Roast Beef ... tells you all you need to know about my poor dietary habits!!

We used to have our office 10 minutes away from campus, and boy do I miss both of those places.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                            I agree with Clarky getting the nod, and agree with the 4-2 final. But I'm going to have to reverse the teams. The Mack has only given up 4 goals in its first 4 games, so something tells me their blue line and goaltending is a bit more put together than ours.
                            As posted on the other thread ... I am now convinced Coach is going to double down on Tirone. I'll stick with the same score and same winner. The 'Mack will be overconfident, and forget this is a home game for us.

Comment

As posted on the other thread ... I am now convinced Coach is going to double down on Tirone. I'll stick with the same score and same winner. The 'Mack will be overconfident, and forget this is a home game for us.
                              Agreed - Umile's quote seems to point towards Tirone starting again this weekend. It seems Clark's start was more about giving Tirone a mental break, than it was about getting any PT for Clark. He is clearly the guy Umile wants to be his #1 goalie...
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                              X