PDA

View Full Version : Bowdoin's Meagher to retire after '15-'16 season

obserbear
10-27-2015, 11:35 AM
Just saw this in Bowdoin news of the day:
http://athletics.bowdoin.edu/sports/mice/2015-16/releases/20151026plbid8
Congratulations to Coach Meagher on a spectacular career at Bowdoin!

HawkStar12
10-29-2015, 03:19 PM
One of the most respectable programs in the country. Congrats to Coach Meagher!

OhioMule
10-30-2015, 11:19 AM
A great coach, who had a great run. Good luck in finding another like him!

NUProf
10-30-2015, 11:26 AM
A great coach, who had a great run. Good luck in finding another like him!

Maybe they will find a coach with a name that is spelled like it is pronounced :) :) :)

First time I had a student with a name Meagher, I proceed it mee-gur and got a ton of glares from him. (I should not call the kettle black, because nobody pronounces my name correctly either)

just kidding - great record, really followed in the footsteps of his predecessor. The icons of DIII coaching are slowly fading from the scene.

Ozz
10-30-2015, 12:22 PM
Maybe they will find a coach with a name that is spelled like it is pronounced :) :) :)

First time I had a student with a name Meagher, I proceed it mee-gur and got a ton of glares from him. (I should not call the kettle black, because nobody pronounces my name correctly either)

just kidding - great record, really followed in the footsteps of his predecessor. The icons of DIII coaching are slowly fading from the scene.

Little trick I learned....when taking attendance the first day of class, skip over the name that you aren't sure how to pronounce. When you ask if you missed anyone, he/she will pronounce their name for you. :)