UNO @ WMU Oct 30 and 31: Enough with the fluff, bring on the tough stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNO @ WMU Oct 30 and 31: Enough with the fluff, bring on the tough stuff

#1/#2 UNO travels to Western this week to take on the Broncos. We'll see how UNO's success in the OOC will translate into conference play.
    UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Re: UNO @ WMU Oct 30 and 31: Enough with the fluff, bring on the tough stuff

Lawson will be rocking, if WMU can play smart and stop with the stupid major penalties we will have a chance, otherwise it'll be a long weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by ubish View Post
      Lawson will be rocking, if WMU can play smart and stop with the stupid major penalties we will have a chance, otherwise it'll be a long weekend.
      I haven't read enough about him, but what impact will the suspension of McMullen have on WMU?
      If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
        I haven't read enough about him, but what impact will the suspension of McMullen have on WMU?
        Almost none. He's a freshman and not yet an important part of the team.

Comment

Well, not ranked #1 anymore. And don't deserve it. Hopefully this is a wake-up call that the teams we beat aren't the greatest and neither are we.

Comment

The good thing about tonight is that it hastens the end of Thompson's days starting any more games in goal. He has had no business being out there in the first place with the kind of numbers he had in juniors and has had in limited playing time with us.

Why Coach Blais would be giving any time in goal to him, now, the way Weninger has performed, is flat-out goofy. Not only has he made Thompson look utterly ridiculous by comparison, he has so far performed at a level better than Massa did last season.

Comment

Well, not ranked #1 anymore. And don't deserve it. Hopefully this is a wake-up call that the teams we beat aren't the greatest and neither are we.
              When the season is over, Minnesota State will likely be the WCHA champion.

Vermont opened with Minnesota, UNO, & North Dakota.

Air Force walked into Baxter Arena with a win against #5 Denver.

As I write this, tonight's loss didn't even affect our Pairwise placement, so far (although it means very little this early in the season).

If UNO wins tomorrow night (and I suspect they will), the rankings aren't going to change a whole lot.

And, the polls are totally meaningless, anyway. Who cares?

The ONLY thing that matters is Pairwise.

Did you think UNO was going to go 35-0-0 this season? We play in a league where anybody can beat anybody on a given night. And, our glass is well beyond half full. Nobody in college hockey, even after tonight, has more wins than UNO does.
              Last edited by Red Cows; 10-30-2015, 10:10 PM.

Comment

I agree that the polls are meaningless. Though it would've been nice to stay atop the polls for more than two weeks.

I'm more concerned with how our defense played. Too many turnovers that cost us. And Western capitalized. Thompson was laid out to dry a couple times. Nothing against Western, but they aren't/weren't expected to be a powerhouse in the NCHC. While anybody can beat anybody on any night, there are some weekends where teams that want to win the league are expected to take care of business.

Comment

I have a feeling it will be tough to stay at #1.

Comment

I thought we had a good chance to split and an outside chance at a sweep, but I didnt expect this. If this Bronco team shows up every weekend it could be a very interesting year!

Comment

Originally posted by ubish View Post
                      I thought we had a good chance to split and an outside chance at a sweep, but I didnt expect this. If this Bronco team shows up every weekend it could be a very interesting year!
                      Another bruising year in the conference.

Comment

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!! 6-1 final. Nice series Omaha, good luck the rest of the way.

Comment

Wow. Didn't see a sweep coming, much less an absolute whooping like tonight. Congrats on the sweep Western. As for UNO, we looked as inept as the Huskers against Purdue. Both goalies played terrible both nights. Back to the drawing board.

Comment

Wow. Didn't see a sweep coming, much less an absolute whooping like tonight. Congrats on the sweep Western. As for UNO, we looked as inept as the Huskers against Purdue. Both goalies played terrible both nights. Back to the drawing board.
                            That was us last weekend. 4-2 and 6-2 loss on the road. It's all about how you bounce back.

Comment

As for the threat title, careful what you wish for...
                              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                              X