Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale-BU 1978

Yale sneaks out of Amherst with an OTW. They started out playing well and slowly allowed UMass back into the game. Hayden saves the bacon! Nice to see him stepping up. Snively has been setting Hayden up well and he is actually starting to show some net front presence. Alot of crazy lines tonight with being T Hart, Pietrowski and Gaus, very young, but quite enthusiastic. Doherty still out, Wilson and Cooper had great games. First time at the Mullin Center and i must say that it is an impressive rink, very AHL like, they just need a center score/video board to make it perfect.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Re: Yale-BU 1978

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
      Yale sneaks out of Amherst with an OTW. They started out playing well and slowly allowed UMass back into the game. Hayden saves the bacon! Nice to see him stepping up. Snively has been setting Hayden up well and he is actually starting to show some net front presence. Alot of crazy lines tonight with being T Hart, Pietrowski and Gaus, very young, but quite enthusiastic. Doherty still out, Wilson and Cooper had great games. First time at the Mullin Center and i must say that it is an impressive rink, very AHL like, they just need a center score/video board to make it perfect.
      I missed the game last night, I think it was on the UMass website. That's what happens when Yale hasn't played in a while (except for McGill) I get out of the habit. Plus Tuesday games are so unusual. I'm still wondering whether this team has enough firepower to compete in March.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
        I missed the game last night, I think it was on the UMass website. That's what happens when Yale hasn't played in a while (except for McGill) I get out of the habit. Plus Tuesday games are so unusual. I'm still wondering whether this team has enough firepower to compete in March.
        The firepower was in evidence in spurts last night, they outshot UMass 38-18. The UMass goalie, a third stringer from what someone told me, had a very good game. It looks like Snively is settling in to becoming the set up man for his line and some of his passes are incredible, sometimes even taking his line mates by surprise. Remember they were still without Doherty and Hitchcock last night as well.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Re: Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

The firepower was in evidence in spurts last night, they outshot UMass 38-18. The UMass goalie, a third stringer from what someone told me, had a very good game. It looks like Snively is settling in to becoming the set up man for his line and some of his passes are incredible, sometimes even taking his line mates by surprise. Remember they were still without Doherty and Hitchcock last night as well.
          Looking forward to seeing Yale live and in person this weekend. I'm glad they have the 8:00 P.M. game on Friday. My wife usually works until 5:30 or 6:00. Gila River Arena is about 20 miles or so from my house. Hoping for two great games this weekend.

Comment

Just checked the box score zero SOG for Snively last night.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Just checked the box score zero SOG for Snively last night.
              Some nights, the best thing you can do is set up other players. He is smart enough to take what the defense gives him.

Comment

Trying to find some sort of streaming alternative to watch the A State games. Directv does not carry the PAC12 network in my area. If you go to the A State website there is a link to the web stream, but you have to be using a participating cable provider.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Trying to find some sort of streaming alternative to watch the A State games. Directv does not carry the PAC12 network in my area. If you go to the A State website there is a link to the web stream, but you have to be using a participating cable provider.
                  I don't think Directv carries the PAC-12 network, no matter where you live.

Comment

Radio link at this release 11pm eastern. http://www.thesundevils.com/ViewArti...CLID=210618943
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

• Re: Yale-BU 1978

Same here. Makes me wonder what UConn was thinking when they built Gampel. That banner honoring Calipari is embarrassing, though, even as a New Englander. C'mon.

UMass is sadly disappointing. It can do so much better. If only the people of western Mass could secede from Beacon Hill.

Comment

• Re: Yale-BU 1978

Yale actually started slow, even though they got an early goal last night. In fact, at one point well into the first period, ASU had out shot Yale 5-3. After that, Yale just dominated. You could tell that Arizona State is a developing program.

Lyon was rarely tested and the Bulldogs were just bigger, stronger, and faster.

Hard to tell what the attendance was because many (most) of those there for the first game didn't stay for the second and the ASU and Yale fans pretty much showed up just for that game. I'm guessing 3-4k

Comment

• Re: Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

Thanks for the report, I saw the highlights and it looks like Yale was lucky to get out of the game without injury. That Hayden collision with the net was pretty rough. http://pac-12.com/videos/recap-arizo...ens-ice-hockey
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Thanks for the report, I saw the highlights and it looks like Yale was lucky to get out of the game without injury. That Hayden collision with the net was pretty rough. http://pac-12.com/videos/recap-arizo...ens-ice-hockey
                            He did go head over heels, but made it to the bench on his own. A little scary. On the other hand, his unassisted goal was typical of Yale's domination. Hayden just body checked the ASU player right off the puck in front of the ASU goal, stole the puck, and scored. Beautiful.

Comment

• Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
                              Yale actually started slow, even though they got an early goal last night. In fact, at one point well into the first period, ASU had out shot Yale 5-3. After that, Yale just dominated. You could tell that Arizona State is a developing program.

Lyon was rarely tested and the Bulldogs were just bigger, stronger, and faster.

Hard to tell what the attendance was because many (most) of those there for the first game didn't stay for the second and the ASU and Yale fans pretty much showed up just for that game. I'm guessing 3-4k
                              Announced attendance was about 5k, seemed generous to me...not much from the ASU side.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

An enjoyable game to watch. Tech may have had a slight territorial edge, mostly in the first period, but Yale had just as many decent scoring chances overall including one when the puck didn't quite cross the goal line in the 3rd after the Tech goalie had lost sight of the puck. The kind of game we have gotten used to seeing from Yale, close and low scoring. Yale did have the better of the play in OT, but once it went to a shoot out, I wasn't expecting much and that proved true.

Yale looked clueless in the shoot out, pretty much just shooting into the Tech goalies midsection. Tech scored and hit the crossbar on their two chances.

A fair outcome.

Not much of a crowd, less than Friday although the ASU people probably hadn't shown up yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X