Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Bulldogs 2015-2016 season. Lets get offensive!

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
    Harvard had 7 shot through 2 periods. In many ways a dominating performance by Yale. Lyon's first goal was soft, but he more than made up for it.
    It was the usual Yale/Harvard chippy game until the third period- nothing really surprising. Whining about Lyon pushing people out of his box is well, whining. Both teams had some questionable hits that got more questionable in the 3rd.
    Up until O'Gara's cheapshot, no doubt Harvard was pushing the line on trying to change the balance of a game Yale simply dominated for the first two periods. That being said, there is zero room for O'Gara hit in the game. Harvard delivered several hits from behind in the third, including Malone's, and while the refs should have called, those hits happens at times as part of the game. O'Gara's hit was not a hockey play it was a dirty/intentional shot from a great player who lost his cool. Things like that happen, they are 20 year old college kids and he was ****ed. That being said, he deserved 5 and Yale was lucky that the refs realized they had let Harvard get away with too much up until that point and retroactively gave Harvard a 2 minute minor on the same play. I wouldn't be surprised if he was suspended for another game for the shot (I'd have to see a replay to see exactly where the cross check landed).
    Gotta give Allain and staff a ton of credit, they have simply dominated Harvard over the past several years. In many ways the reverse of football except that Harvard actually on the books recruits better for hockey yet players have less success both there and thereafter.

4 takeaways to date: 1. Lyon is that good. 2. Hayden has emerged as the dominating player we had hoped for (best player on the ice last night). 3. The Yale first line now looks like one of the top in the country- far better than what Harvard put out. 4. Piotrowski has come on amazingly strong and continues to improve daily (looking forward to watching that kid develop further over next 4 years- has NHL body as should thrive under Allain).
    The only downside is, and I guess I'm being picky, Yale has lost 2 playoff series to Harvard during this domination.
    Last edited by bulldog10jw; 02-07-2016, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
      The only downside is, and I guess I'm being picky, Yale has lost 2 playoff series to Harvard during this domination.
      I'm amazed at how easily people can disregard the human element of being out on the ice when referees are allowing dangerous plays to take place. There was a lot of nonsense taking place out there on Saturday night. The hit by Malone on O'Gara was a vicious hit that was squarely in the back and resulted in an injured player. This was exactly the kind of hit that ALL leagues are trying to eliminate. There are TWO referees on the ice that just happened to miss it. A dazed O'Gara slowly gets back to his feet only to find Malone once again coming his way and hitting him. If the referees do their job PROPERLY, the resulting retaliation from O'Gara doesn't take place. But when you feel that the people on the ice are not protecting you from these dangerous hits, you're going to take matters into your own hands!! This is exactly what O'Gara did. In the NHL he would have been criticized even more for not responding..! And guess what, the team had his back. They pulled together and got the two points. A great testament to this team's character. Oh and another thing, I don't think Malone missed a shift. Surprised??? I wasn't...

So, you can call O'Gara's hit stupid, selfish or whatever. I call it defending yourself when no one out there is. It's a violent sport no matter how much it's legislated. Both things Malone did (hitting a defenseless player from behind and then embellishing an injury) will only get him in similar situations in the future. And the next time he won't be embellishing...

I'm proud of how O'Gara responded and I'm equally proud of how the team responded for the remainder of the game. I would even go as far as saying that Allain is proud of how he responded as well as O'Gara's future employer.

The only people that should be ashamed are the referees for not doing their job. They do their job and none of this happens.

Comment

Is O'Gara definitely out for Colgate this weekend ? Nine guys hurt ?
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

According to the ECAC news section of the USCHO website this morning (I can't figure out how to copy the link to this board from my smartphone), Malone has been suspended for a game due to his actions on the ice (presumably toward O'Gara) during the Yale-Harvard game last Saturday night. Can someone post the link? Will any of our friends from Cambridge perhaps express as much dismay about Malone's roughness as they have toward O'gara and his hit? I am not excusing what O'Gara did, but simply pointing out that it was provoked.

Comment

O'Gara is out for Friday, there were seven players total not suited up this past weekend. Biacco, Beattie, Gaus, T Hart, hitchcock, Izmirlian, Repensky. H. Hart hurt an upper extremity early in the HVD game and played limited minutes afterward. Others also mentioned that Curti did not play much, but i thought he was out there the whole game. Hopefully someone comes back this week, the team was decidedly gassed in the third against HVD and although they won, it is not a plausible to continue to play so short, it will catch up to them.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by elihockeyfan View Post
              According to the ECAC news section of the USCHO website this morning (I can't figure out how to copy the link to this board from my smartphone), Malone has been suspended for a game due to his actions on the ice (presumably toward O'Gara) during the Yale-Harvard game last Saturday night. Can someone post the link? Will any of our friends from Cambridge perhaps express as much dismay about Malone's roughness as they have toward O'gara and his hit? I am not excusing what O'Gara did, but simply pointing out that it was provoked.
              This is the text from the ECAC website.

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/member...one_Suspension

ALBANY, N.Y. -- ECAC Hockey today announced that Harvard junior forward Sean Malone has been assessed a one-game suspension, in accordance with the League’s supplemental discipline process, as the result of his actions in the Harvard vs. Yale contest Saturday, February 6.

The League action was taken after review of an incident that occurred in the third period in the Crimson-Bulldogs contest.

Based upon the League’s action, Mr. Malone is not eligible to compete in Harvard’s next contest - Monday, February 8 when the Crimson face Northeastern.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by elihockeyfan View Post
                This isn't going to go over well with you guys but Malone is not a dirty player. Check his stats. He doesn't go head hunting or engage in the rough stuff. I didn't see the game and so I can't comment on his actions. His presence this afternoon would not have mattered as we mailed it in against NU. But Sean is a skill forward, not a goon. Don't characterize him as such based on one game. I think it has more to do with Harvard's lack of regular season success against the Eli. Notice I said regular season.

By the way, I have a ton of respect for O'Gara and I'm looking forward to what he can do for the Bruins. Not saying he will be the second coming of Gostisbehere but he is a heck of a player.

Comment

Neither one of those guys are dirty players. Just two kids getting caught up in a huge game. I'm sure neither one of them is proud of what went down, but sh*t happens, they are both paying the penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                    This is the text from the ECAC website.

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/member...one_Suspension

ALBANY, N.Y. -- ECAC Hockey today announced that Harvard junior forward Sean Malone has been assessed a one-game suspension, in accordance with the League’s supplemental discipline process, as the result of his actions in the Harvard vs. Yale contest Saturday, February 6.

The League action was taken after review of an incident that occurred in the third period in the Crimson-Bulldogs contest.

Based upon the League’s action, Mr. Malone is not eligible to compete in Harvard’s next contest - Monday, February 8 when the Crimson face Northeastern.
                    I 100% agree with this decision. The refs missed the call on Malone and there is absolutely ZERO place for that kind of hit in the game. I would hope that Donato would have sat him regardless of whether the league acted or not.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                      I 100% agree with this decision. The refs missed the call on Malone and there is absolutely ZERO place for that kind of hit in the game. I would hope that Donato would have sat him regardless of whether the league acted or not.
                      Wow!!! Just heard that O'Gara rec'd another game suspension (Cornell)... What a joke!! League recognizes that Malone provoked him with his hit that went without a penalty, and gave him a one game suspension but felt the need to give O'Gara another game???!!!! I don't get it!! Malone was back in the game minutes later. What is the rationale for this. O'Gara has NO prior history...!!

I hope to god that the two idiot refs also receive suspensions for letting all this happen!!!!

Total abuse of power by the league. No reason for the addt'l game. They're lucky this kid is even playing in the ECAC this year!!!!

Comment

It says he is just suspended for one game? Why is he missing Friday and Saturday? Did game misconduct carry automatic suspension for following game?
                        -------------
                        Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                          It says he is just suspended for one game? Why is he missing Friday and Saturday? Did game misconduct carry automatic suspension for following game?
                          The boxscore said it was not a game misconduct, but a game disqualification - that would mean he would miss Friday. Missing Saturday in addition was apparently a league decision. CHN confirms here: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...suspension.php

Comment

Donato probably whined long and hard to the league officials. Why did it take them an additional two days after Malone was given his day off, hmmmm. This is certainly a BS suspension.

Text

ALBANY, N.Y. -- ECAC Hockey today announced that Yale senior defenseman Rob O’Gara has been assessed a one-game suspension, in accordance with the League’s supplemental discipline process, as the result of his actions in the Yale vs. Harvard contest Saturday, February 6.

The League action was taken after review of an incident that occurred in the third period in the Bulldogs-Crimson contest.

Based upon the League’s action, Mr. O’Gara is not eligible to compete in Yale’s contest Saturday, February 13 when the Bulldogs face Cornell.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

O'Gara was suspended on Monday same time as Malone. Yale appealed the suspension, lost and it was announced today.

Malone got to miss a pretty meaningless beanpot consolation game, we lose OG for 4 big points in NY!

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                                Donato probably whined long and hard to the league officials. Why did it take them an additional two days after Malone was given his day off, hmmmm. This is certainly a BS suspension.

Text

ALBANY, N.Y. -- ECAC Hockey today announced that Yale senior defenseman Rob O’Gara has been assessed a one-game suspension, in accordance with the League’s supplemental discipline process, as the result of his actions in the Yale vs. Harvard contest Saturday, February 6.

The League action was taken after review of an incident that occurred in the third period in the Bulldogs-Crimson contest.

Based upon the League’s action, Mr. O’Gara is not eligible to compete in Yale’s contest Saturday, February 13 when the Bulldogs face Cornell.
                                That's a cheap shot don't you think? Talk about whining, that's all I'm seeing with these posts. Look I'm not condoning Sean Malone's actions or those of O'Gara. Neither player is dirty as has been noted. But you don't know what Teddy did or didn't do. You're just ticked because O'Gara got more games. Live with it. Hopefully both players will learn from this and move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X