Harvard Crimson 2015-2016 - All things Bright and Beautiful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Harvard Crimson 2015-2016 - All things Bright and Beautiful

I hope they roll out the 5 forward PP unit tonight. Yale's D is going to be a tough nut to crack. Can't wait for this game! See you soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Thisisahockeywebsite View Post
      I hope they roll out the 5 forward PP unit tonight. Yale's D is going to be a tough nut to crack. Can't wait for this game! See you soon!
      Great game tonight by both teams. Snively going to be a special player. Harvard goalie going to be good enough. Two teams with legit FF potential. Going to be a fun year, along with Q.

Comment

So, who is the #1 tender at H?
        Madsen gets 2 against Dartmouth.
        The frosh gets the big game.
        Rotation?
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Yale86 View Post
          Great game tonight by both teams. Snively going to be a special player. Harvard goalie going to be good enough. Two teams with legit FF potential. Going to be a fun year, along with Q.
          I agree about Snively. He was the best player on the ice. But we coughed this one up no two ways about it. While Yale seemed to carry the play after the middle of the second period, we should have won. Poor D coverage by Sean Malone led to the tying goal. And our first line didn't do much of anything. Blackwell and Esposito had the best chances in the first period. Agree about Lackey. While he had some issues handling the puck, the kid shows he belongs and will only get better as the season progresses.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            Rotation?
            Hard to say at this point although the way Lackey played last night against a quality opponent leads me to believe he will get the tougher assignments. Just a hunch.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              Rotation?
              My belief is that the first set of games (Dartmouth) was supposed to be a split but when Madsen pitched the shutout in Game #1, Donato rode him in game #2.

I think it's a rotation in the beginning.

Comment

I'm wondering how the heck Dartmouth put up 7 goals in one period on Brown based on what I saw last night. The Bears are better than last year and have some decent speed. Of course, we could have played better ourselves. Some of it I attribute to a partial emotional letdown from Friday's tie that should have been a W. We still had problems with our forecheck and with some loose play in the defensive zone. And someone has to teach Lackey to cover the puck in the crease and not play with it like it's a hot potato.

Also thought Teddy sent a message last night by starting the second line and the second D pairing. Message was received as Vesey, Criscuolo and Kerfoot got it going especially late in the second period and into the third. Vesey's shorthanded tally in the first was sick. He completely undressed Ernst - the kid never had a chance.

We'll need a much better effort come Friday against the Bobcats.

Comment

Well that's because Dartmouth is Brown's kryptonite. No matter how good either team plays, Dartmouth wins

Comment

Last night was a classic trap game, coming off of Yale. Next Saturday (post Quinny) will also be a trap game if Harvard happens to win @ Quinny.

I think the team needs to play with a bit more purpose. Harvard can beat Brown on talent, but they can't beat the better teams (Yale, Quinny, BC, BU, etc) that way.

Tying Yale the way it did was a real downer. Anytime you give up a goal in the last minute is very tough to stomach. But hopefully, it represents a teaching moment and when the team is in a similar position, it will take care of business to finish the game and secure the win.

It will be interesting to see what Donato does with the goalies and with the abundance of forwards. Whomever starts on Friday will certainly see a lot of rubber and be in what I would assume to be a very hostile environment.

Does anyone know if Quinny has streaming of their games?

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                      Does anyone know if Quinny has streaming of their games?
                      Quinnipiac's FREE live stream is located here: http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/watch/?Live=178

Comment

You guys have one of the fastest teams I've ever seen. Brown has a lot of speed throughout the lineup this year, and we couldn't keep up for most of the game. Jimmy Vesey is too good for this level, as well.

It's a shame BC and Harvard meet in the first round of the Beanpot. I saw BC beat Denver last week, and I think these are the two best teams in Boston. Harvard has as good a chance as ever to win it this time.

Comment

I'm used to it by now, but you would think the stiffs attending the game Saturday would have gotten out of their seats to give Bill Cleary an ovation when the endowment ceremony took place at the end of the first period. Dance Cam is more their style.

Comment

Originally posted by BobNY View Post
                            Quinnipiac's FREE live stream is located here: http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/watch/?Live=178
                            Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Faced View Post
                              I'm used to it by now, but you would think the stiffs attending the game Saturday would have gotten out of their seats to give Bill Cleary an ovation when the endowment ceremony took place at the end of the first period. Dance Cam is more their style.
                              Wholeheartedly agree and thank you for mentioning the ceremony. Forgot to do so in my wrap of the game. I'm guessing that at least 60-70% of the people who attended the game don't even know who he is. Which is sad. I have some great memories of Coach when I was an undergrad and I'm sure others who attended the game have similar memories. But you're right, DanceCam and shooting pucks at an empty net seem to be 'the thing' these days.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                                You guys have one of the fastest teams I've ever seen. Brown has a lot of speed throughout the lineup this year, and we couldn't keep up for most of the game. Jimmy Vesey is too good for this level, as well.

It's a shame BC and Harvard meet in the first round of the Beanpot. I saw BC beat Denver last week, and I think these are the two best teams in Boston. Harvard has as good a chance as ever to win it this time.
                                Thanks. I actually don't think it is such a bad thing that we don't see BC before the Beanpot. The tournaments that we are playing will give us exposure to the West which we need going into the NCAAs. I think it hurt us last year not having a game or two against the West. And yeah, Vesey is special and fun to watch. Nashville will definitely be looking to sign him once our season is over. Hopefully after April 10th!

Comment

Working...
                                X