Harvard Crimson 2015-2016 - All things Bright and Beautiful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2015-2016 - All things Bright and Beautiful

So we'll probably not be ranked in the top ten next year but I'm okay with that. More than likely one or two of the D will transfer or quit the program and focus on academics. I'm worried about where the goals will be coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
      So we'll probably not be ranked in the top ten next year but I'm okay with that. More than likely one or two of the D will transfer or quit the program and focus on academics. I'm worried about where the goals will be coming from.
      Agreed. I am more concerned with where the goals will come from 2 years from now (2017-2018 season where I think we will be very challenged offensively), but when you lose Vesey and Criscuolo, other guys (Moy, Kerfot, Malone, etc) will have to step up. We will also start to get a lot more contribution from our defense next year.

Ok. Back to this year, especially since that was hopefully a road trip that brought the team together and righted the ship (hope that the team is healthy after that rugby, I mean hockey game up in Ithaca).

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
        Agreed. I am more concerned with where the goals will come from 2 years from now (2017-2018 season where I think we will be very challenged offensively), but when you lose Vesey and Criscuolo, other guys (Moy, Kerfot, Malone, etc) will have to step up. We will also start to get a lot more contribution from our defense next year.

Ok. Back to this year, especially since that was hopefully a road trip that brought the team together and righted the ship (hope that the team is healthy after that rugby, I mean hockey game up in Ithaca).
        I'm thinking that Zerter-Gossage, Donato and possibly Floodstrand will take on a greater share of the scoring burden. At least I hope that is the way it shakes out. You know that Moy, Alexander Kerfoot, and Sean Malone will be counted on along with Esposito and maybe one of the frosh. Colton Kerfoot maybe?

Yeah, I'm concerned about that rollerball, er, hockey match and the fallout. Hoping that we came out of it okay. Fortunately only one game this week.

Comment

Big game tonight at home vs Princeton. Need to maintain momentum from last weekend and not look ahead to BC on Monday. Princeton is too good a team and Harvard will lose if they are not focused. Harvard beat Princeton 3-0 earlier, but it was a 1-0 game late into the 3rd period and I believe a couple of ENGs brought the score to 3-0.

Will be interesting to see what ailments came out of that rugby match up in Ithaca. In particular, Newell on D who left the Cornell game in the 1st....which is another thing to build on from last weekend. Harvard beat Cornell while playing the majority of the game with 5D.

Comment

I missed last night's game but noticed in the box score that Dumbrovsky and Baughman played in place of Newell and Olson. Wondering how they looked.

Comment

Please please please please please beat BC.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
                Please please please please please beat BC.
                Shouldn't be a problem. BC forwards won't be able to keep up with Harvard's depth.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Not sure why an SLU fan would be obsessed with BC but okay! I think BC matches up well with Harvard, should be a good one.

Comment

Beat BC.

That is all. and JD, look at the Pairwise for why

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Not sure why an SLU fan would be obsessed with BC but okay! I think BC matches up well with Harvard, should be a good one.
                      I imagine the whole league here is cheering for us, esp. with 4 teams from 13-16 in the pairwise. That said, most likely a good game that results in the same old thing. As a (football) Jets fan I've learned better to be pessimistic and be pleasantly surprised if something goes right. That's how I approach the Beanpot now. We can't even win the draw to be the home team ever...
                      Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                      Go Crimson!

Comment

Good luck Crimson !!!
                        - Screen Shots - don't let Thatcher Demko see anything until it's too late !!!
                        - Crash the net and bury the rebounds !!!
                        - Redirect shots !!!
                        - Block shots !!!!
                        - Scoring from all 4 lines !!!
                        - Stay out of the box !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yid-CW-O9Qw
                        Last edited by Dutchman; 01-31-2016, 08:48 AM.
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                          Good luck Crimson !!!
                          - Screen Shots - don't let Thatcher Demko see anything until it's too late !!!
                          - Crash the net and bury the rebounds !!!
                          - Redirect shots !!!
                          - Block shots !!!!
                          - Scoring from all 4 lines !!!
                          - Stay out of the box !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yid-CW-O9Qw
                          I have not had a good feeling on the Beanpot for many years, but I feel very good for tomorrow. I think this team matches up very well with BC. If Harvard's D can play smart and consistent (don't need anything spectacular), then I think Harvard can win. This is one of the few teams that can throw out a set of forwards that can outdepth and outskate the Eagles.
                          Last edited by bothman; 01-31-2016, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Um ya, i'm not so sure about that bothman

Comment

• Originally posted by bothman View Post
                              I have not had a good feeling on the Beanpot for many years, but I feel very good for tomorrow. I think this team matches up very well with BC. If Harvard's D can play smart and consistent (don't need anything spectacular), then I think Harvard can win. This is one of the few teams that can throw out a set of forwards that can outdepth and outskate the Eagles.
                              Agreed
                              Harvard is a better team if they play their game.
                              Wildcard is BC's White

Comment

Attending again this year, no optimism, but if Madsen plays well it will be a reason for hope as the season winds down. I'm not worried about Harvard scoring, but how they handle adversity, and if they do have a lead in the third period, can they finish well.

Comment

Working...
                                X