Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI & Union, Home & Home, 10/30/15 & 10/31/15

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    You'll beotch and moan. Because that's all you're useful for.
    *buzzer* I'm sorry, the correct answer is "Don't hang me, bro!"

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      No, the performance on the ice is what's embarrassing. Funny thing is, we've seen this year in and year out. Nothing has changed. If you're satisfied with mediocrity, not being able to come out at the start of period with good energy, throwing the puck around the perimeter because you aren't allowed to shoot, that's your prerogative. It's time to adopt a winning culture at RPI.
      FWIW, I'm more optimistic about the glimmers of offense that I've seen this year than just about anything I saw last season. They seem like they're just a bit of gelling away from being able to break through. I was very happy to see them actually getting some good quality traffic in front of the net in the offensive zone against Michigan. Now if only they could keep their shot's from the point down low.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        *buzzer* I'm sorry, the correct answer is "Don't hang me, bro!"
        Nope, beotch and moan it is.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Nope, beotch and moan it is.
          Unless it comes to actually backing up his talk. Remember how quickly he weaseled out of his bet against the team as soon as three of us took him up on it?
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
            Unless it comes to actually backing up his talk. Remember how quickly he weaseled out of his bet against the team as soon as three of us took him up on it?
            Predictable. Weasels love to run their mouth but as soon as they get called out on it they vanish like a fart.

Comment

Here's a shocker, Kenny Schott picks Union to sweep the weekend. Always fair, balance and impartial. So hey FDude you threw in with the Union folks.
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                You coming on here and saying congrats to whatever opposing team on the easy wins is embarrassing. I will never talk down about the players because a. they are student-athletes and b. I've never played hockey in my life and I admire what they do to get themselves into the best shape possible. I've followed this team since I was a kid, spent countless winter nights in the field house and all over the northeast with this program, and it just makes me sick that you come on here and try to pull some I'm gonna be the agitator routine and in turn give the good fans of RPI hockey a bad name and following. I get it, your never wrong and even if you are you won't admit it.

Do me a favor and I'm being serious, give Coach Appert a call or e-mail and explain to him how to run his program, because clearly you can do it much better than he can. Better yet, give the new AD a call and ask him for a volunteer assistant coaching job with the team. Then you can really get down to business in building a winning culture by giving them your countless years of hockey knowledge. Can't wait to see you behind the bench on game night. Good luck coach.
                Luv the passion my friend. I would never throw in with Rick Bennett, never and for a so called RPI fan to speaks volumes. rooting for a guy who popped one of our players...Wow, just wow!!!
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Predictable. Weasels love to run their mouth but as soon as they get called out on it they vanish like a fart.
                  Some farts do not vanish that quickly. They have high sillage.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by hrbrendan View Post
                    FWIW, I'm more optimistic about the glimmers of offense that I've seen this year than just about anything I saw last season. They seem like they're just a bit of gelling away from being able to break through. I was very happy to see them actually getting some good quality traffic in front of the net in the offensive zone against Michigan. Now if only they could keep their shot's from the point down low.
                    Agree with this. But i would still like to see a larger percentage of shots coming from forwards than our defense. We just have been a defenseman shooting offense for too many years and it has not worked all that well. And if they could keep those shots low, let them please be about 6 inches off the ice around ankle height which are just above goalie stick level.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Fun to post in this thread : whatever you say, someone will call you an idiot.

Go Union !
                      Let's go Union !
                      ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                      ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                      NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Originally posted by UFan View Post

Go Union !
                        You idiot!
                        Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                        Clarkson 1990

Comment

Originally posted by UFan View Post

Go Union !
                          In your case they're not wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                            Luv the passion my friend. I would never throw in with Rick Bennett, never and for a so called RPI fan to speaks volumes. rooting for a guy who popped one of our players...Wow, just wow!!!
                            Right, because predicting a winner in a pick'em contest means you're rooting for them.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              Agree with this. But i would still like to see a larger percentage of shots coming from forwards than our defense. We just have been a defenseman shooting offense for too many years and it has not worked all that well. And if they could keep those shots low, let them please be about 6 inches off the ice around ankle height which are just above goalie stick level.
                              Whether it's D or F, one common thread across the last few years is that it's one particular person taking the shot. If you were to look at every single set attacking opportunity (i.e. not a counter), whether regular or special teams, you can usually pick one person out of however many (because 4v3 is also possible) and, with at least 85% accuracy, say that player will be taking the shot. If scoring by committee is going to be preached, and it has in the past couple of years, picking one to take the shot doesn't work.

Comment

Bennett has only three more opportunities to get another sucker punch in on Bubela. (HateUnionWeek)

Comment

Working...
                                X