• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech @ NMU- Friday Oct 23.

Puck drop in 15 minutes.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Re: Tech @ NMU- Friday Oct 23.

1-1 after 1 period. very sloppy hockey on Tech's part. lot's of turnovers in neutral ice. Tech iced it from their offensive end several times. Tech did control play early but nmu came back and controlled as time wound down.

Comment

3-1 Nmu after 2. Tech playing very poorly, standing around, reaching instead of moving, taking a lot of penalities they shouldn't have and in general playing the worst period I have seen from them in several years.
      NMU has 4 minutes into the third of man advantage. I believe jake jackson was tossed at the end of the 2ed there for kneeing, but it didn't look to me like he intentionally did anything. Though his knee did contact the nmu players knee.
      NMU is moving their feet. had a very good pk on a tech 5 minute pp and overall has outplayed tech. Two of the goals were because of sloppy play by the tech goalie who cleared the puck right to an emu player behind the net, who centered it out to his teammate for a tap in.
      NMU is the dr Jeckyl of college hockey. sometimes they look real good and sometimes terrible.

Comment

Sadly it looks like we're going to come back down to earth from last season. I honestly didn't expect us to be as good, we have a lot of young talent but we lost some amazing leadership and talent. That said there's no reason we should look as bad as we do tonight, being out played in every facet of the game, hopefully tomorrow night being at home will fire them up.
        2005-2006: 7-25-6
        2006-2007: 18-17-5
        2007-2008: 14-20-5
        2008-2009: 6-25-7
        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

I also forgot to address Jackson's penalty, I agree, he absolutely did not do anything to bit knee to knee, both players stayed on stride and just hit each other, not a penalty, let alone 5 and a game.
          2005-2006: 7-25-6
          2006-2007: 18-17-5
          2007-2008: 14-20-5
          2008-2009: 6-25-7
          2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

well we weren't good, we were awful. From face-offs to every thing else, it didn't look like our guys were willing to give the effort it takes. I saw one of our forwards who was following out an NMU rush, just coast along and not take his man, just giving them a 3 on 2.
            If that's our attitude, then it will be a long year.

Comment

Working...
            X