Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Force @ UNO Oct 23 and 24: We can roll out a new arena but not a Series Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Force @ UNO Oct 23 and 24: We can roll out a new arena but not a Series Thread?

I know neither of these schools are known for having huge and real talkative fanbases, but no series thread for the unrolling of the red carpet? Boo!

I am happy to announce I will be in attendance for the Saturday game. I'll be real easy to spot: I'll be the only guy in the building in an SCSU jersey, I'll be the only guy wearing red and black cheering for Air Force, and when you see my jersey, I'll be even more obvious.

Anyone else calling for a split?
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: Air Force @ UNO Oct 23 and 24: We can roll out a new arena but not a Series Threa

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    I know neither of these schools are known for having huge and real talkative fanbases, but no series thread for the unrolling of the red carpet? Boo!

I am happy to announce I will be in attendance for the Saturday game. I'll be real easy to spot: I'll be the only guy in the building in an SCSU jersey, I'll be the only guy wearing red and black cheering for Air Force, and when you see my jersey, I'll be even more obvious.

I'm real easy to spot at Huskies games in my UNO gear as well. While you may be the only one in red & black rooting for Air Force, you will definitely not be the only one in red and black. Anything other than a sweep will be a disappointment
    UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

Re: Air Force @ UNO Oct 23 and 24: We can roll out a new arena but not a Series Threa

Oh, and we are rolling out our Frozen Four participation ribbon on Friday night along with the arena grand opening, so that's cool

Comment

I'll be there drunk. Frozen Four banner being raised before the game, #1 team in the nation, first game in a brand new arena, it is going to be rocking. Students have to wait in line and pick up their tickets 5 hours before the game because they are expecting a huge overflow.

I'm guessing we will see Thompson starting on Friday and Weninger on Saturday just like we have seen all year. Air Force split with Denver so they shouldn't be taken lightly, but I still expect a sweep.

Comment

There are fireworks for the game (indoor) and Jim Cornelison is singing the national anthem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGBjN2KwEOc

FYI, I've heard that they are holding off on SRO until they "get all the bugs out". Plus, the Fire Marshall has to O.K. whatever they do there as well.

Comment

Don't you want to have UNO do well OOC so that it potentially helps YOUR Pairwise numbers? Can't see any upside to any conference foe hoping we lose to Air Force.

FYI, your tickets on Saturday night are on the opposite end of the arena from ours.

Anything less than a sweep is a fail this weekend. I think Friday night has the potential to be a "name-the-score" sort of game for UNO. Conversely, they could also be over-jacked and play like crap.

It will be unlike the atmosphere for any game ever played here tomorrow night. An 830 seat student section is a lot of students. They won't be able to accommodate all that want to attend, even.

For those that don't know, attendance of UNO hockey games for students is freebie. Zip. Nada dollars. And, now they can all walk to games, just like Coach Blais is now doing (he lives right across the street, literally).

This will be an uber-rare campus college hockey game with a ton of television and remote trucks outside and a ton of media on-hand.

Should be pretty epic.

Comment

Yeah. I'd rather UNO take care of business for the good of the conference. SCSU gets their chance to make a statement early in conference play.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                Don't you want to have UNO do well OOC so that it potentially helps YOUR Pairwise numbers?
                Nope. Sure, it'll be a nice side effect if UNO does win, kinda like hedging your bet, but I'm not gonna be rooting for it.
                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Nope. Sure, it'll be a nice side effect if UNO does win, kinda like hedging your bet, but I'm not gonna be rooting for it.
                  I assume you are pimping us here since that would be a strange attitude for a fan of a team that made the tourney last season largely on the back of just the scenario I painted.

And, ironically, your fortunes of war against us at the end of the season played a large role in this happening as well (4 wins by SCSU in less than 30 days).

If UNO wasn't where it was in Pairwise when you played us at the end of last season, which was in no small part a result of UNO's OOC record (6-2-2), you guys would have been sitting at home. You'd have gotten far less bump from playing us.

If the situation were reversed, I'd sure be rooting for SCSU.
                  Last edited by Red Cows; 10-23-2015, 02:04 PM.

Comment

In honor of the significance of today's events here in Omaha, I had "The Official Food of UNO Athletics" for lunch.

SpaghettiO's

Comment

The line to obtain student tickets:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSBk4QjU8AA3JaK.jpg:large

Pic is from 20 minutes ago or so.

As I write this the supply has since been exhausted.

Another:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSBhNSNUEAA6A9C.jpg:large

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                        The line to obtain student tickets:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSBk4QjU8AA3JaK.jpg:large

Pic is from 20 minutes ago or so.

As I write this the supply has since been exhausted.

Another:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSBhNSNUEAA6A9C.jpg:large
                        To quote Al Michaels in Miracle, "It should be a great night. I'm sure there are a lot of people who do not know the difference between a blue line and a clothesline. It's irrelevant. It doesn't matter. Because what we have at hand, the rarest of sporting events. An event that needs no buildup, no superfluous adjectives."
                        Last edited by 5thYearFreshman; 10-23-2015, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
                          Oh, and we are rolling out our Frozen Four participation ribbon on Friday night along with the arena grand opening, so that's cool
                          The jan brady fan in attendance will feel right at home, it's a nice touch.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                            The jan brady fan in attendance will feel right at home, it's a nice touch.
                            He's actually going to be there tomorrow night.

He has play-by-play duties tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by rainman1745 View Post
                              I'll be there drunk. Frozen Four banner being raised before the game, #1 team in the nation, first game in a brand new arena, it is going to be rocking. Students have to wait in line and pick up their tickets 5 hours before the game because they are expecting a huge overflow.

I'm guessing we will see Thompson starting on Friday and Weninger on Saturday just like we have seen all year. Air Force split with Denver so they shouldn't be taken lightly, but I still expect a sweep.
                              Who cares about all that? The Taco Cannon makes it's debut, that's the big thing.
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                              X