Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCHC '15 -'16--Or, how many conference teams are going to the tourney THIS season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCHC '15 -'16--Or, how many conference teams are going to the tourney THIS season?

The NCHC currently sports the best OOC winning percentage in the nation (wow, shocker) at .700, even after getting off to a bit of slow start last weekend:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/rep...-interconf.php

I'm establishing the over/under on tourney teams at 4. My bet is on the over.

FWIW, as to remaining out of conference play:

CC has 2 games each with BC, Air Force, & UAH remaining.

DU has a game with BC, one with BU, and two each with both Wisconsin and Notre Dame.

Miami has 2 each with St Lawrence, Bowling Green, & RPI.

UMD has 2 each with Notre Dame, UMass-Lowell, & Northern Michigan and a makeup game with BSU.

UNO has 2 each with Air Force, Ohio State, & Arizona State (all at home, I might add--the only conference team whose remaining OOC games are all at home).

North Dakota has 2 each with Vermont, Wisconsin, Michigan State, and UAH.

SCSU has 2 each with Quinnipiac, Minnesota, & Arizona State, and one with MSU and another with either BSU or the Gophers.

Finally, WMU has 2 each with Clarkson and Notre Dame and one with RPI and another game with either Harvard or Notre Dame (yup, again, maybe).

Will be interesting to see what kind of overall, final non-conference record can be crafted by the league in these remaining games. My expectation is that it will be well over .500.
    Last edited by Red Cows; 10-19-2015, 09:46 AM.

Re: NCHC '15 -'16--Or, how many conference teams are going to the tourney THIS seaso

SCSU has a series against at Minnesota on Thanksgiving weekend in addition to the BSU/Minn game in Northstar Cup.

Also, over.

Comment

Re: NCHC '15 -'16--Or, how many conference teams are going to the tourney THIS seaso

Originally posted by RL3AO View Post
      SCSU has a series against at Minnesota on Thanksgiving weekend in addition to the BSU/Minn game in Northstar Cup.

Also, over.
      Missed it. My bad. Fixed

Comment

North Dakota is traveling to play a 2-game series against Vermont this weekend. Oct. 23-24.

Comment

NCHC fans should enjoy it while it lasts because, as we've been told, it's only a matter of time before the big10 takes over college hockey. I, for one, welcome our new big10 overlords.
          Last edited by willythekid; 10-19-2015, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
            North Dakota is traveling to play a 2-game series against Vermont this weekend. Oct. 23-24.
            They should be in a good mood after getting swept by UNO
            UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

A big weekend coming up for the conference with a majority of the league heading east for non-conference games.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                Too bleary-eyed when I made this list. Worse, I knew this since we were just there. Fixed.
                Last edited by Red Cows; 10-19-2015, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                  NCHC fans should enjoy it while it lasts because, as we've been told, it's only a matter of time before the big10 takes over college hockey. I, for one, welcome our new big10 overlords.

Whether or not this is meant to be sarcastic, who has been saying this?

Comment

Originally posted by rainman1745 View Post
                    Whether or not this is meant to be sarcastic, who has been saying this?
                    Big Ten fans.
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

The Big Ten Hockey Thread: "Hey, someone has to win the conference"

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                        *******http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yZwsy9lfcE...nt.jpg********
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

St. Cloud won the conference with 48 points the first year and UND won it with 50 points last year.

If St. Cloud holds on tonight, it will be UND on 27 and SCSU on 24 points after 10 games. That puts them on pace for 65 and 58 points.

Will both teams keep up this pace after the break? St. Cloud still gets to play CC twice and WMU at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                            I'm establishing the over/under on tourney teams at 4. My bet is on the over.
                            I'm assuming when you set the line you meant 4.5 and not 3.5. Either way, put me down for the under.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                              I'm assuming when you set the line you meant 4.5 and not 3.5. Either way, put me down for the under.
                              If its 4.5 then its really tough to see the over. UND, UNO, and SCSU look like locks. I still think Duluth will recover enough to make it in. I'm not sure about Denver and Miami. I think the ECAC and HE are going to send too many teams for 5.

Comment

Working...
                              X