Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCHC '15 -'16--Or, how many conference teams are going to the tourney THIS season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCHC '15 -'16--Or, how many conference teams are going to the tourney THIS seaso

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
    Probably, but not quite a done deal just yet. If Northeastern and Minnesota both win their conference tournaments Duluth will be out with a loss tomorrow. Having said that, I will be very surprised if Northeastern wins the Hockey East tournament. But as Duluth just showed us this afternoon, anything is possible.
    I don't usually agree with most of your posts, Speedy. But with this, I do.

Comment

Re: NCHC '15 -'16--Or, how many conference teams are going to the tourney THIS seaso

I dont think Denver had one player in their starting lineup from the US.
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Probably, but not quite a done deal just yet. If Northeastern and Minnesota both win their conference tournaments Duluth will be out with a loss tomorrow. Having said that, I will be very surprised if Northeastern wins the Hockey East tournament. But as Duluth just showed us this afternoon, anything is possible.
        It's at 75% to make it with a loss tomorrow.
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
          If they want to stay at the X they better win tomorrow or I can see them getting shipped out east.
          Is there any possible scenario that would find St. Cloud and North Dakota both at the X? I was under the impression that one of them would be sent to Cincinnati but maybe I'm missing something.
          National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
          National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Is there any possible scenario that would find St. Cloud and North Dakota both at the X? I was under the impression that one of them would be sent to Cincinnati but maybe I'm missing something.
            I'm guessing they would send UND out east if they lose tomorrow. Or if SCSU wins the Frozen Faceoff and gets a 1 seed and UND a 2 seed maybe they keep them both at the X.
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I'm guessing they would send UND out east if they lose tomorrow. Or if SCSU wins the Frozen Faceoff and gets a 1 seed and UND a 2 seed maybe they keep them both at the X.
              I guess my thinking was along the lines of those two teams both being 1 seeds. Even with a loss tomorrow I don't see any way that UND can drop out of the top four in PWR. My guess is that today's loss means they will be placed in the Cincinnati regional regardless of how they do in the 3rd place game (unless Denver beats SCSU tonight).
              National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
              National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

I guess my thinking was along the lines of those two teams both being 1 seeds. Even with a loss tomorrow I don't see any way that UND can drop out of the top four in PWR. My guess is that today's loss means they will be placed in the Cincinnati regional regardless of how they do in the 3rd place game (unless Denver beats SCSU tonight).
                They like sending UND out east regardless.
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

They like sending UND out east regardless.
                  I doubt it has anything to do with what they "like". It just happens to work out that way in years that it is warranted by the circumstances. But Cincinnati isn't exactly east. East of St. Paul, yes... but it is still the Midwest Regional. It's not like they're going to be placed in the East or Northeast Regionals.

23 > 21

Comment

10,860 was the attendance for the UND/UMD game. They may get that for the total 5 games at the X.
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

10,860 was the attendance for the UND/UMD game. They may get that for the total 5 games at the X.
                      So UND lost today and the Gophers won, but at least the UND game drew a bigger crowd. Nice to see you NCHC (No College Hockey Championships) fans have your priorities in order.

23 > 21

Comment

UND was a lock for a 1 seed before the weekend and I'm pretty sure SCSU is a lock now too. They won't be together. If UND wins and SCSU loses tomorrow, UND should jump SCSU in the PWR and get the St. Paul regional.

Comment

Originally posted by RL3AO View Post
                          UND was a lock for a 1 seed before the weekend and I'm pretty sure SCSU is a lock now too. They won't be together. If UND wins and SCSU loses tomorrow, UND should jump SCSU in the PWR and get the St. Paul regional.
                          I'm no PWR mathematician, but I'm looking at the standings now and we're #2 overal, UNDies are #3. If both teams win tomorrow, would we still retain that #2 overall ranking? And if we retain that ranking, do we have the "rights" on being assigned to St. Paul for the regional?
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            I'm no PWR mathematician, but I'm looking at the standings now and we're #2 overal, UNDies are #3. If both teams win tomorrow, would we still retain that #2 overall ranking? And if we retain that ranking, do we have the "rights" on being assigned to St. Paul for the regional?
                            That would certainly make sense. The only way I can see UND leapfrogging over SCSU at this point is if the scenario that RL3AO suggested plays out. I still can't believe Duluth beat UND and I'll be even more surprised if they beat SCSU, but they might be in desperation mode. If Minnesota and Northeastern both win tomorrow night, Duluth will no longer be in position for an at-large bid.

23 > 21

Comment

Well I watched UMD come into St. Cloud and sweep three weeks ago. They seem to match up with St. Cloud really well. I'd give SCSU a 60 to 65% chance to win.

Comment

So UND lost today and the Gophers won, but at least the UND game drew a bigger crowd. Nice to see you NCHC (No College Hockey Championships) fans have your priorities in order.
                                Did the Little Six win a championship and I missed it?
                                Originally posted by SJHovey
                                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Working...
                                X