Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCHC '15 -'16--Or, how many conference teams are going to the tourney THIS season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCHC '15 -'16--Or, how many conference teams are going to the tourney THIS seaso

Michigan in the frozen four? They can't even win their own conference! Which, by the way, is terrible.

Comment

Re: NCHC '15 -'16--Or, how many conference teams are going to the tourney THIS seaso

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
      I'll be very surprised if the NCHC sends more than one team to the Frozen Four and even more surprised if they win a game once they get there. I'm thinking Quinnipiac, Providence, Boston College, and Michigan are all much more likely candidates to win a Frozen Four game than any of the NCHC schools, but that's just my perception based on the many games that I have watched.
      Great Mind
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Someone is mixing up the Frozen Four and Frozen Faceoff. Both prestigious tournaments with illustrious histories, easy to mistake. I forgive you.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Feelings about the breakup of the WCHA aside, I feel very fortunate to be a NCHC fan this year. Some of the years when UMinn, UW, UND and DU, UMD, or CC were all at the top of their game were fun, but the top 5 in this conference this year are about as good as any conference group I've seen in a long time. It won't always be this way, and they could flame out in the NCAAs, but this weekend should be a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
            As opposed to all the Big Ten haters who waste much more time on it than I do? Glass houses, my friend... glass houses.
            Dont sell yourself short... Nobody wastes as much time trying to stir this pot than you
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

The NCHC could send 2 teams to the F4.

If UND happens to face BC, well, guess who's gonna lose. Again.

I don't see tUMD making it very far, if they make it at all (haven't checked the PWR this week).

Overall, as we all know, once you're in, anything can happen. Just hope your goalie is good. Well, ok, that means MI is out.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

"Anything can happen!!! Except UND beating BC."
                Originally posted by SJHovey
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

I agree with Speedy, though I'd swap MI for UND.

I think you guys send just 1 team to the F4.

Comment

Most likely two teams in the Frozen Four. Most realistic scenarios have Denver going into one of the western regionals with either UND or SCSU. I think whichever one that is very likely gets a team to the Frozen Four. The other team would be a #1 in the other western regional and all the matchups I've looked at are relatively favorable for UND or SCSU.

I think UMD makes the tourney but they'll be going out east and that is going to be tough to win two games out there.

As fare as winning in the Frozen Four goes, hard to say at that point. I would say I like how UND matches up against more physical teams than SCSU. And that's what you'll be seeing once you get there.

Comment

I wish we could see the eastern teams play more, particularly Q.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                        I wish we could see the eastern teams play more, particularly Q.
                        Q is real good. fast, good defensively and good goaltending. They like to clog the neutral zone. They also push the opposing goalie a lot and are constantly shoving in the other teams crease. they get away with it a lot too.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          Q is real good. fast, good defensively and good goaltending. They like to clog the neutral zone. They also push the opposing goalie a lot and are constantly shoving in the other teams crease. they get away with it a lot too.
                          Sound like a good formula for tournament success. Good D, good goaltending, and the ability to own the area around crease. Mix in speed and you have a killer combo.

Comment

Anybody in here going to Minneapolis for the tourny?

Comment

Of course. Can't miss the chance to see my team play 15 minutes from my house.
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by SCSUHuskies93 View Post
                                Anybody in here going to Minneapolis for the tourny?
                                I would, but being sick has put a damper on my plans.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X