PDA

View Full Version : Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Agganis
10-30-2015, 02:39 PM
I might have been the one suggesting this off-hand but does anyone know if this is definitely the case that once a kid enrolls and is allotted a scholarship it is done for the year? Hokydad, care to shed some light on how this works?

I'm nearly positive BC can give it to someone else for the spring semester (an existing player on the team or someone who joins midseason) but it has already been "used up" for the fall semester.

I'd support athletes paying back to the school for leaving abruptly, if schools cut a check to players they had offered a scholarship to but then rescinded it or didn't offer to renew it after a season, which obviously won't happen.

theprofromdover
10-30-2015, 02:43 PM
Better than him talking to himself!!

Trust me, it's not.

Drew S.
10-30-2015, 03:01 PM
I'm nearly positive BC can give it to someone else for the spring semester (an existing player on the team or someone who joins midseason) but it has already been "used up" for the fall semester.

I'd support athletes paying back to the school for leaving abruptly, if schools cut a check to players they had offered a scholarship to but then rescinded it or didn't offer to renew it after a season, which obviously won't happen.

I believe it has to go to someone who was on the roster at the beginning of the year.

SonofSouthie
10-30-2015, 03:17 PM
Ha... you are 3 rows in front of me. If you hear constant chattering from behind, it's sterlippo yapping my ear off. ;)
We sat in the same row but in Q 2&3 last year for the Providence game and we both get a kick out of the students so I figured wth.

sterlippo1
10-30-2015, 07:42 PM
Trust me, it's not.

Y'all yucking it up at my expense? Well while FiveHole12 was grunting at me he spilled his popcorn all over himself , no chit

sterlippo1
10-30-2015, 07:43 PM
We sat in the same row but in Q 2&3 last year for the Providence game and we both get a kick out of the students so I figured wth.

Nice meeting you . Check out EagleAction

J.D.
10-30-2015, 09:16 PM
Nice win. Denver looked like a dangerous team. Danton and moore are gonna put up some numbers.

mookie1995
10-30-2015, 09:23 PM
Nice win. Denver looked like a dangerous team. Danton and moore are gonna put up some numbers.

oh hush you!!! scarlet is a mess already :D

bothman
10-30-2015, 09:33 PM
My last word(s) on Bracco ... he supposedly left BC because school wasn't for him, according to the Waterloo Region Record:

"It's nothing against their program," said Bracco, a second round (61st overall) draft pick by the Toronto Maple Leafs. "For me, I didn't really think much of myself student wise."

http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/6060433-rangers-get-offensive-boost/ (http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/6060433-rangers-get-offensive-boost/)

He also said in the same article about Kitchener: "Any time you open the season without a regulation loss I think that speaks volumes of the coaching staff and the time the players are putting in," he said.

Gee, didn't his last team start 5-0-0? I know he's 18, but to hell with him for leaving so surreptitiously. BC is better off without him.

Then why commit to Harvard? Completely disingenuous and zero credibility.

FiveHole12
10-30-2015, 09:59 PM
Great game to watch. I thought the Eagles had the better of it 5 on 5, as Denver had trouble matching up against the 3rd and 4th lines. But if these two teams played 10 games against each other, I'd guess it'd be a 5-5 split.

That was a big win for the young Eagles. First quality opponent they've faced this year. Hard workers, all 4 lines. Happy to see Matty get the game winner. He fits in nice with his new line mates.

Bracco was invisible... again. What's up with that?

Nice meeting you SonofSouthie.
Sterlippo... I didn't drop my popcorn. I was throwing it at you. ;) :p

Cross Check
10-30-2015, 10:02 PM
The first real measuring stick and BC passed the test. Great game between two very very good teams. Man is that Danton Heinen one heckuva player for Denver. Glad he's Bruins property.

J.D.
10-30-2015, 11:38 PM
Maybe the biggest development to date would be austin cangelosi. Was a coveted scorer out of ushl but maybe he just needed the right kinemate to bring it out of him. Instant chemistry between him and wood. But it probably won't last because jerry can't develop forwards anymore ;)

SonofSouthie
10-31-2015, 05:57 AM
Great game to watch. I thought the Eagles had the better of it 5 on 5, as Denver had trouble matching up against the 3rd and 4th lines. But if these two teams played 10 games against each other, I'd guess it'd be a 5-5 split.

That was a big win for the young Eagles. First quality opponent they've faced this year. Hard workers, all 4 lines. Happy to see Matty get the game winner. He fits in nice with his new line mates.

It was nice meeting you guys too. Good game, good win, grandson had a blast.

FiveHole12
10-31-2015, 07:06 AM
How many odd man rushes last night for the Eagles? Two, three? I remember one when we were short handed.
How many odd man rushes all of last season?
Me thinks Boston College hockey is back. :)

sterlippo1
10-31-2015, 07:23 AM
Maybe the biggest development to date would be austin cangelosi. Was a coveted scorer out of ushl but maybe he just needed the right kinemate to bring it out of him. Instant chemistry between him and wood. But it probably won't last because jerry can't develop forwards anymore ;)

Agree, I watched him closely every shift. Lots of good stuff from him and he's skating with his hair on fire......this and wood and white. Wood is already the best player on the team

SonofSouthie
10-31-2015, 07:24 AM
Nice meeting you . Check out EagleAction
Likewise I'm sure. Checked out EA, great looking site. Emailed the link to a couple of BC fans in work.

jdevoejr
10-31-2015, 08:09 AM

Very impressed with Cangelosi last night. Thought he did a hell of a job on the penalty kill.

BCeagle
10-31-2015, 08:36 AM

Hey the one good thing from this is ..... Jeke gets to play now instead of sitting on the bench. Good for him and he will not quit on the team. Gives his line some size too )

SonofSouthie
10-31-2015, 10:14 AM
Might wander over to Agganis this afternoon. Both teams on fairly short turnaround. Wear my maroon and gold, listen to the razzberries. Show my Final Four Boston "I Was There" pin. Give razzberries right back.

J.D.
10-31-2015, 11:07 AM
They will be sure to let you know BC sucks