PDA

View Full Version : Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51

J.D.
02-06-2016, 11:36 AM
Heh MSU beating michigan is a little different. BU is actually good and could have split or taken 3 points a few weeks back.

TonyTheTiger20
02-06-2016, 11:51 AM
The fact that York actually said he sprained his wrist (actually, "kind of sprained his wrist") leads me to believe it might not be something serious. Hockey players tape that ish and play through it all the time.

My totally uninformed guess is we'll see him Monday.

sterlippo1
02-06-2016, 07:47 PM
The fact that York actually said he sprained his wrist (actually, "kind of sprained his wrist") leads me to believe it might not be something serious. Hockey players tape that ish and play through it all the time.

My totally uninformed guess is we'll see him Monday.

but at least you guys said on BCI that you would get us some info when you can, so go get it :)

claver2010
02-09-2016, 08:55 AM
well then that certainly works

what a save, clear and kill down 3 on 5 goalie without a stick in the 1st.

the first was the best period they've played (esp w/o scoring) in a long time. really thought the powerplay had great movement.

thought they wore down as the game went on, didn't see much of the 4th line at all and did anyone see couturier come back after taking that viscous 2 hander?

we haven't really had a terrier to hate in a while, so that'll be a nice change

Nick Papagiorgio
02-09-2016, 09:24 AM
I'll take it.

I know everyone thought it was a terrific game but to me after the first period it was a lot of wrestling, like watching two heavyweights get separated, try to get a quick shot in and then back to bear hug until they get separated and try again. Chances got generated in between but it wasn't aesthetically pleasing to me to watch. A lot of focus on not losing your individual one-on-one battle. The kids really did do a good job of that but was hoping for more team play from BC and a more cohesive attack from BC than carrying it for as long as you can, losing it in a scrum, and then letting the next guy come in and get the puck and hope maybe that next guy is your teammate.

BC seemed to be a better team last night so things worked out. However, I though that BU had far superior puck management skills and to me made a lot of better decisions. You would think after a while that would net them a goal with the talent they have but it didn't. BC meanwhile really nosedived after their first period domination. Puck management wasn't great to be honest. They looked like they were drunk on the powerplay, tons of unforced errors and bad decisions. Need to work on that I guess.

Sanford put on a performance in my opinion close to what we saw from Tuch vs. Yukon a few weeks back. He was probably the best player on the ice last night.

Defense really did a good job of bottling up the BU stars. O'Regan was fairly quiet. JFK was fairly quiet (this guy is filthy btw). Oksanen was fairly quiet.

I do wonder if the league will take a look at the Moran slash on Couturier and dole out a game suspension. Could have been a major, probably should have been. Wasn't malicious but was still a vicious shot during the course of play that resulted in injury. Have to be responsible with your stick. I would be surprised if the league did anything, though. If anything it is some food for thought for the drooling nitwits that continue to cry about Nathan Gerbe if they have any mental capacity for a rational thought in the first place.

Thought the stick to the mid-section of Fitzgerald on a breakaway was certainly worthy of an arm going up. Breakaway, denied a scoring chance... hmmm. Sounds like a penalty shot. Seconds later Greenway got his own breakaway and went barreling into Demko. Seemed incidental but hopefully Jo Jo the gorilla escapes from Franklin Park Zoo and finds Greenway and then puts a tin can on Maguire's head uses Greenway's limbs to ping Maguire on the head for hours on end. If Greenway scored on that breakaway there would be a lot of ****ed off people this morning and justifiably so. Interesting turn of events there for sure.

All in all for a banged up team you have to be happy with any win at this point, especially against your rival. They have another gear to hit and will need to keep improving but all in all they are probably on schedule for now.

J.D.
02-09-2016, 09:55 AM
Incidental or not, shouldn't matter. There wasn't enough contact from BC defender to throw Greenway off. Even if an accident, you're responsible for avoiding contact with the goalie. That was very dangerous and would normally be called a penalty.

Sanford is REALLY coming on strong. Was tremendous the other night against UNH. Can be dominant with the puck. Good chemistry with Tuch. Sanford is a playmaker, tough to get puck from, can score around the net. Tuch is a lethal shooter. Good size and skating for those two.

BC just finished a stretch that included Providence 3x, BU 3x, ND, Harvard...7-1-3 in the last 11, unbeaten in 10.

Nick Papagiorgio
02-09-2016, 10:08 AM
bc just finished a stretch that included providence 3x, bu 3x, nd, harvard...7-1-3 in the last 11, unbeaten in 10.

wow.

Nick Papagiorgio
02-09-2016, 10:10 AM
Also I don't know what the conversion rate is lately for BC on breakaways (and penalty shots) but the only one I can remember BC netting lately was the Cangelosi BU penalty shot at Conte. White and Wood and Fitzgerald have going cold on the breakaways. Really need to bury those opps.

J.D.
02-09-2016, 10:26 AM
If my math is correct, BC is now closer to North Dakota than Providence is to BC.

mookie1995
02-09-2016, 11:27 AM
Whistles were pocketed halfway through the 3rd. There were no calls being made

That said, Moran absolutely deserved a penalty there.

And greenway was hauled down just like fitz from behind. Demko hurt his childbearing hips thanks to friendly fire :D

J.D.
02-09-2016, 11:36 AM
LOL

greenway was hauled down? you gotta be kidding me mookie

Nick Papagiorgio
02-09-2016, 11:42 AM
Whistles were pocketed halfway through the 3rd. There were no calls being made

That said, Moran absolutely deserved a penalty there.

And greenway was hauled down just like fitz from behind. Demko hurt his childbearing hips thanks to friendly fire :D

Ha. Not even close mookie.

RENCEB
02-09-2016, 04:16 PM
LOL

greenway was hauled down? you gotta be kidding me mookieMookie's right on this one. Glad neither one was called (can I even type "*** for tat"?), but it sure looked like Kim got both arms and his stick wrapped around Greenway's midsection. Anyone have a replay?

Agganis
02-09-2016, 04:46 PM
Mookie's right on this one. Glad neither one was called (can I even type "*** for tat"?), but it sure looked like Kim got both arms and his stick wrapped around Greenway's midsection. Anyone have a replay?

Replays here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3maUbDMMzUo#t=3m13s) of the back and forth goal mouth rushes start at 3:13 and different angles of Greenway into Demko continue until 4:08.

Rogie21
02-09-2016, 04:51 PM
Replays here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3maUbDMMzUo#t=3m13s) of the back and forth goal mouth rushes start at 3:13 and different angles of Greenway into Demko continue until 4:08.

Watch in slow-motion by changing the speed to .5 and Kim's hook is impossible to miss. If O’Regan or Lane was hooked that way, it would've been a certain call, but once again Greenway is penalized for being big. That said, it's hard to tell whether Greenway could have stopped himself from crashing into Demko so hard. Falling at that speed eliminates any control.

J.D.
02-09-2016, 04:59 PM
The hook here does not equate to being hauled down. Not by a long shot. Regardless of that, it was apparent they weren't gonna call a hook on anyone there. Had nothing to do with it being Greenway. I am not labeling Greenway or anything like that, but it sure looked to me like he could have done something, anything other than just pretend Demko was a set of bowling pins.

mookie1995
02-09-2016, 06:56 PM
wood fell atop sean from his right while sean was spread low. that happens. to come and cry about it, is well....... untoward

Ronnieb
02-09-2016, 07:26 PM
Yep. great game to watch. Really only penalty missed under the circumstances was the slash on Kim.

J.D.
02-09-2016, 07:42 PM
Mookie first you say greenway was "hauled down" and now you're comparing it to "falling atop". At least describe what happened accurately. Thankfully demko is fine. If you think it was a hook, so be it. A wash.

mookie1995
02-09-2016, 08:01 PM
no comparison at all. just typed a couple sentences. didn't mention 1 with the other.