PDA

View Full Version : Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Carmine Scarpaglia
01-23-2016, 10:43 AM
Watched most of the UConn game last night. Not really impressed with the Huskies considering they were home. BC should be "lined up at the bat rack" so to speak waiting to get a crack at them tonight

Watched the last period of that. While they were not terribly impressive they looked better than I thought. Mostly Tage Thompson. That kid is a handful and York will need to park Santini and McCoshen on Thompson and Letunov. Do that and they will be fine. Also their goaltender Nichols sat out with an ankle injury, not sure who will be in net tonight but if they put Nichols in, dump pucks in hard around the rim and make him roam around on that bum ankle and get a lot of cross-ice passes to make him push off on it.

I think the entire program was on a high last night and BC is very vulnerable tonight. That worries me a bit. I see BC is going to have some celebration for J1YK on Feb 5th I think... but tonight really feels like the night we will all get to celebrate it. Just want to see them get 2 pts and do it right.

J.D.
01-23-2016, 11:05 AM
I actually think the high will carry over to tonight since they are returning home. Uconn game started at 830 last night, maybe they are a little sleepy tonight after losing to mediocre vermont at home. We'll see. While i expect some people to stay home tonight, no excuse for students.

Where did you see the thing about feb. 5?

sterlippo1
01-23-2016, 11:07 AM
I actually think the high will carry over to tonight since they are returning home. Uconn game started at 830 last night, maybe they are a little sleepy tonight after losing to mediocre vermont at home. We'll see. While i expect some people to stay home tonight, no excuse for students.

Where did you see the thing about feb. 5?

here, about half way down the page http://www.bceagles.com/news/2016/1/22/MIH_0122160205.aspx

sterlippo1
01-23-2016, 11:13 AM
well done by Jeff Jackson http://www.bceagles.com/sports/2016/1/22/WIH_0122164448.aspx?id=115

SonofSouthie
01-23-2016, 11:28 AM
Watched the last period of that. While they were not terribly impressive they looked better than I thought. Mostly Tage Thompson. That kid is a handful and York will need to park Santini and McCoshen on Thompson and Letunov. Do that and they will be fine. Also their goaltender Nichols sat out with an ankle injury, not sure who will be in net tonight but if they put Nichols in, dump pucks in hard around the rim and make him roam around on that bum ankle and get a lot of cross-ice passes to make him push off on it.

I think the entire program was on a high last night and BC is very vulnerable tonight. That worries me a bit. I see BC is going to have some celebration for J1YK on Feb 5th I think... but tonight really feels like the night we will all get to celebrate it. Just want to see them get 2 pts and do it right.
I started watching the 3rd then remembered I had to be at the market at opening to get sauce, meatballs and sausages on for the game tomorrow. Heading over to Conte tonight kinda cuts into the cook time. The potential is there for a letdown and I'm glad it's UConn in tonight as opposed to a decent team such as UML.

bothman
01-23-2016, 11:36 AM
Congrats to your program and to Coach Jerry York. There is York and everyone else. Win or lose, Jerry always does it with class and if my kids play hockey, there is no other coach I want them playing for. Simply put, he is the gold standard!

Cross Check
01-23-2016, 11:39 AM
It really would have great if it worked out that it happened at home, but nonetheless, congrats to Coach York. An accomplishment that truly speaks for itself.

BU2K
01-23-2016, 01:11 PM
Congrats to your program and to Coach Jerry York. There is York and everyone else. Win or lose, Jerry always does it with class and if my kids play hockey, there is no other coach I want them playing for. Simply put, he is the gold standard!

I must reluctantly agree.

While unfounded potshots are a lot of fun, you can't argue with his accomplishments or how he's gonna about it.

(*cough* gentlemen's agreement *cough*) :)

J.D.
01-23-2016, 09:35 PM
Well that result is disappointing. Thought they would win tonight. Hopefully casey fitzgerald is back for ND. big one out there. And another great scheduling job by the league. Let's have BC travel to ND weekend before beanpot.

mookie1995
01-23-2016, 11:20 PM
Greedy bastid going straight for the ties record now too I see.

sterlippo1
01-24-2016, 05:00 AM
I think the entire program was on a high last night and BC is very vulnerable tonight. That worries me a bit.

you pretty much nailed that

SonofSouthie
01-24-2016, 05:05 AM
I'll be there tomorrow so that's a guaranteed W. ;)
Hangs head in shame.

But they got a point.

Doesn't hang head as far.

sterlippo1
01-24-2016, 05:57 AM
Hangs head in shame.

But they got a point.

Doesn't hang head as far.

FWIW at this point #7 in PWR

J.D.
01-24-2016, 08:52 AM
One positive is tuch. I think you're crazy if you didn't see this turnaround coming. Now has 10 goals. Kid has an unreal shot.

sterlippo1
01-24-2016, 10:30 AM
and a negative is Santini's condition. Nothing on that yet from The Kid who said before the game that Casey Fitz might play last night so at least its not long term with him and he'll be back at Irish. We'll need a full roster for that one. I saw a tweet that said York will update Santini today.

claver2010
01-25-2016, 08:39 AM
Maybe they congratulated him after the first period

maybe they can't count that high?

weird game on Saturday. dominant at times (2nd period & tuch), asleep at others.

HE OT is so broken. go to the 3-2-1 point set up. there's minimal incentive to go for the win in OT.

Nick Papagiorgio
01-25-2016, 10:55 AM
Hopefully we will get an update on Santini and Fitzgerald today but generally speaking they love to keep things quiet about injuries so I wouldn't bet on it.

Getting healthy is the #1 thing here. Tough to be disappointed with the last 3 weeks with the exception of Saturday's tie and they have risen quite a bit in the PWR so they are in good shape now with that. Hold tiebreakers on PC and BU. ND is big for many reasons, one being that they need to even up the series and to keep pace with ND in PWR and HE standings.

All in all, Tuch is really heating up. Cangelosi is playing best hockey of his career. Same with McCoshen. White is obviously filthy. Same with Wood. Calnan is starting to heat up a bit as well. Some of the Dmen are quietly playing very well (Fitzgerald and Santini). I think the team has progressed quite a bit from the early season dominance over creampuff competition. Still need some progression but getting battle-tested through this mid-season schedule can only help. Now we'll learn about the mental toughness aspect of it and compartmentalizing one game at a time. ND game is big with possibility of Beanpot look-ahead. Cannot overlook this game. Then Beanpot game which is also big vs. Harvard, a very good team and if they get through that can they avoid a letdown? One could say Saturday was a big test mentally and they were so-so dealing with JY1K hangover but the injuries killed them. With the captains they have, I think they will be just fine handling all of these things.

This roster is night and day compared to last 3 seasons (yes even with Hayes and Gaudreau). Consider after graduating the 2012 class, and continually playing certain players that may or may not have belonged, their difference from powerplays for and powerplays against was -30, -29, and -15. This year, even with a brutal lack of discipline, they are +3, indicating to me there is a lot of skill there to be able to draw penalties.

Demko also looked very good on Saturday.

J.D.
01-25-2016, 01:23 PM
No update on santini yet makes me worry. The longer it goes without any info makes you think it may not be a day to day situation.

sterlippo1
01-25-2016, 08:20 PM
No update on santini yet makes me worry. The longer it goes without any info makes you think it may not be a day to day situation.

i sent The Kid and email, we'll see..........if he answers

FiveHole12
01-25-2016, 10:16 PM
i sent The Kid and email, we'll see..........if he answers
Patience Grasshopper. We'll know something by Friday night at the latest. ;)