PDA

View Full Version : Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

claver2010
12-08-2015, 08:30 AM
think it was Barnaby (who granted isn't all knowing) who said scouts were saying bracco couldn't keep up with the speed of college. guess it's one of the reasons why he went to play with the 16 year olds.

surprised tuch didn't make it, think usa could've used his size up front. he'd be the heaviest forward on the team by 20 lbs. oh well, bc's gain

speaking of bc, has anyone figured out why the f the game is on Thursday?

J.D.
12-08-2015, 09:13 AM
I don't pay close enough attention to these things but from the people in the know, seems like there were a lot of head scratching decisions made by USA Hockey. Not like I can sit here and say Tuch deserves to be on team over X, Y and Z. Can't do it. Haven't seen all these guys. That being said, it's still surprising. As you say though, BC's gain. Would love to see Fitzgerald make it but selfishly wouldn't mind if he doesn't. From what I have seen of him this year, he was deserving of at least a look from USA Hockey.

I just checked both basketball team schedules and women's hockey. Doesn't appear to be anything that would prevent the game from being Friday night. I really have no idea. Speaking of basketball, let's hope the hockey team avoided Chipotle recently.

Nick Papagiorgio
12-08-2015, 09:52 AM
Is Tuch even at 100% health at this point? He was banged up to start the season coming from the USA camp right?

joegrav
12-08-2015, 10:55 AM
I don't pay close enough attention to these things but from the people in the know, seems like there were a lot of head scratching decisions made by USA Hockey. Not like I can sit here and say Tuch deserves to be on team over X, Y and Z. Can't do it. Haven't seen all these guys. That being said, it's still surprising. As you say though, BC's gain. Would love to see Fitzgerald make it but selfishly wouldn't mind if he doesn't. From what I have seen of him this year, he was deserving of at least a look from USA Hockey.

I just checked both basketball team schedules and women's hockey. Doesn't appear to be anything that would prevent the game from being Friday night. I really have no idea. Speaking of basketball, let's hope the hockey team avoided Chipotle recently.

My best guess is that finals start on Saturday. While they are on the road, BC Women are also playing a Thursday game and not another game the rest of the weekend. I think PC is also playing on Thursday only.

sterlippo1
12-08-2015, 04:03 PM
another miserable turnout last Saturday vs Northeastern. Under 5000 on a Saturday night. Not understanding this. Even Notre Dame wont help a Thursday night gate. Nary a 6000 turnout all year. We should have two 7884's to start 2016 with PC and BU. Home and home vs both to start the second half. A win thursday would be huge. We needed to make hay with the easier part of the schedule on the front end. PC, BU Mack h&h's and then UML h&h to end the season as well as a visit to South Bendover Jan 29th. That's a tough schedule

ericredaxe
12-08-2015, 06:12 PM
another miserable turnout last Saturday vs Northeastern. Under 5000 on a Saturday night. Not understanding this. Even Notre Dame wont help a Thursday night gate. Nary a 6000 turnout all year. We should have two 7884's to start 2016 with PC and BU. Home and home vs both to start the second half. A win thursday would be huge. We needed to make hay with the easier part of the schedule on the front end. PC, BU Mack h&h's and then UML h&h to end the season as well as a visit to South Bendover Jan 29th. That's a tough schedule

We are seeing similar attendance issues up the road. From what I gather in these boards it seems to be a theme in college hockey right now.

theprofromdover
12-08-2015, 08:52 PM
BC will be playing Quinnipiac in each of the next three seasons.

FiveHole12
12-08-2015, 08:53 PM
I will be surprised with a sellout vs PC, given the students are on break. And the casual Boston hockey fan barely knows BC has a hockey team, let alone PC.
Now PeeU... that's a different story. Fully expect a sellout and will be disappointed if it's not.

Me and the wifey taking a little Holiday vacation to Estero, FL, Dec. 27 through Jan 7th. Going to catch a couple of hockey games, possibly witness a milestone victory, and return in time to see PC at Conte on the 8th. :)

J.D.
12-08-2015, 09:04 PM

Nice, good add.

FiveHole12
12-08-2015, 09:15 PM
I like it. Love their style of play. Quality opponent.

J.D.
12-08-2015, 09:31 PM
Mario lucia wins the "been in school for 10 years" award

Chris_NH
12-08-2015, 09:35 PM

So I'm inferring that I can probably drive down from S. NH to see this ND game as a walk-up no problem.

SonofSouthie
12-09-2015, 08:14 AM
So I'm inferring that I can probably drive down from S. NH to see this ND game as a walk-up no problem.

http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AIBM%3AH15%3AH09%3A&linkID=bostoncoll&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=MH&cgc=

BCeagle
12-09-2015, 12:11 PM

Maybe for games vs opponents like this, they should lower the ticket prices. It is almost the end of the semester and many students cramming for finals.

If you want to see empty, Matthews was a lot more empty and probably due to the fact that they performing at a low level with only a 2-12-3 record. The Dog House was there but everywhere else it was completely full of empty seats all around the rink.

sterlippo1
12-09-2015, 03:08 PM

awesome

I will be surprised with a sellout vs PC, given the students are on break. And the casual Boston hockey fan barely knows BC has a hockey team, let alone PC.
Now PeeU... that's a different story. Fully expect a sellout and will be disappointed if it's not.

Me and the wifey taking a little Holiday vacation to Estero, FL, Dec. 27 through Jan 7th. Going to catch a couple of hockey games, possibly witness a milestone victory, and return in time to see PC at Conte on the 8th. :)

forgot about the break and by the way, you live the life of Riley

you will have sections of seats to choose from unfortunately

WhiteMule
12-09-2015, 07:53 PM
If you want to see empty, Matthews was a lot more empty and probably due to the fact that they performing at a low level with only a 2-12-3 record. The Dog House was there but everywhere else it was completely full of empty seats all around the rink.

Don't forget, the Pats were also playing at that time.

FiveHole12
12-10-2015, 12:51 AM
forgot about the break and by the way, you live the life of Riley
Just doing my part to root on the Eagles away from home.
It ain't easy being me, but someone has to do it. ;) :p

SonofSouthie
12-10-2015, 08:18 AM
Don't forget, the Pats were also playing at that time.
I ate NU tix last year because of the Ravens/Pats playoff game.

Middle Street
12-10-2015, 10:34 AM
So which team is the home team for tonight? ;)

mookie1995
12-10-2015, 12:17 PM
I ate NU tix last year because of the Ravens/Pats playoff game.

couldn't even give them away, huh? :p