PDA

View Full Version : Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

sterlippo1
11-22-2015, 03:35 PM
. The only step they haven't taken yet is to lure them back into an annual series by re-doing Alumni Stadium in green-and-gold.

it's in the works already bro;)

BCeagle
11-23-2015, 09:15 AM
Looking ahead everyone has to be happy the progress made since last season. Sure their schedule is not the strongest but you still have to play the games and win them, good or bad. With only 1 loss so far, they have exceeded my expectations at least. As they get into the meatier game schedule we will see how they will matchup. Within HE, they certainly look very strong with their offense so far and differential between GF & GA.

HE looks strong right now with 6 teams in the top 20. When they play PC, UML and BU, we can a better gauge on where they're at. Denver and MSU were good wins for out of conference wins.

The depth this year is very evident and puts less stress on one line to produce the scoring and a lot easier to play defense knowing they don't have play perfect defense and to worry about being down 2-0 and having that sinking feeling that the game is lost like last year. I'm sure Demko feels less pressure to make every stop when he now has more room for error and a lot more offensive support.

Nick Papagiorgio
11-23-2015, 10:25 AM
Looking ahead everyone has to be happy the progress made since last season. Sure their schedule is not the strongest but you still have to play the games and win them, good or bad. With only 1 loss so far, they have exceeded my expectations at least. As they get into the meatier game schedule we will see how they will matchup. Within HE, they certainly look very strong with their offense so far and differential between GF & GA.

HE looks strong right now with 6 teams in the top 20. When they play PC, UML and BU, we can a better gauge on where they're at. Denver and MSU were good wins for out of conference wins.

The depth this year is very evident and puts less stress on one line to produce the scoring and a lot easier to play defense knowing they don't have play perfect defense and to worry about being down 2-0 and having that sinking feeling that the game is lost like last year. I'm sure Demko feels less pressure to make every stop when he now has more room for error and a lot more offensive support.

I think you've hit on a lot of good points. The depth is there and it is showing up. Some of the hotter guys have gone quiet (Cangelosi) lately. #21 steps in and produces for #notagrinder. Of course it helps when you simply don't give up a goal (6 shutouts) but they are 9-0-0 when scoring first have done so in 9 of 11 games. The lack of depth previously (and mediocre players on half the roster) made it tough to defend AND score with those guys on the ice for close to half a game, as last season they scored first only 20 of 38 games (and a 5-12-1 record in the other situation). Compare to some previously good seasons 2014 they scored first in 65% (FF year and had a winning record in games they didn't score first), 2012 was 80% of games they scored first (National title), 2011 was a wagon and scored first 69% of the time (also winning record in games they didn't score first), and 2010 was 71% (National title).

Injuries and penalties are the biggest concern for the squad right now.

HE depth this year is impressive, particularly PC and UML they just keep rolling. An eye will have to be kept on the ECAC teams, where Yale, Cornell, and Harvard all have only one loss and they are just getting started and Quinni just had their first two blemishes on their record and those were just two ties.

BCeagle
11-23-2015, 11:51 AM
I think you've hit on a lot of good points. The depth is there and it is showing up. Some of the hotter guys have gone quiet (Cangelosi) lately. #21 steps in and produces for #notagrinder. Of course it helps when you simply don't give up a goal (6 shutouts) but they are 9-0-0 when scoring first have done so in 9 of 11 games. The lack of depth previously (and mediocre players on half the roster) made it tough to defend AND score with those guys on the ice for close to half a game, as last season they scored first only 20 of 38 games (and a 5-12-1 record in the other situation). Compare to some previously good seasons 2014 they scored first in 65% (FF year and had a winning record in games they didn't score first), 2012 was 80% of games they scored first (National title), 2011 was a wagon and scored first 69% of the time (also winning record in games they didn't score first), and 2010 was 71% (National title).

Injuries and penalties are the biggest concern for the squad right now.

HE depth this year is impressive, particularly PC and UML they just keep rolling. An eye will have to be kept on the ECAC teams, where Yale, Cornell, and Harvard all have only one loss and they are just getting started and Quinni just had their first two blemishes on their record and those were just two ties.

Well I'm sure Tuch and Cangelosi will eventually contribute more too.

Those are throwback unis that made their debut last year that the Walter Brown Arena game. The response to them has been very favorable form what I have heard.

i like 'em even though i'm not supposed to

I like our throwbacks better if we ever choose to use them. The one with eagle in front and the old road jerseys with yellow lettering and yellow shoulders from the 80s/early 90s

RENCEB
11-23-2015, 01:49 PM
HE looks strong right now with 6 teams in the top 20..... How 'bout 3 teams in the top 4! 4 New England teams at the top. I guess we know where the power is in college hockey:cool:

Nick Papagiorgio
11-23-2015, 01:53 PM
How 'bout 3 teams in the top 4! 4 New England teams at the top. I guess we know where the power is in college hockey:cool:

We took the wrong team from CT, didn't we?

RENCEB
11-23-2015, 02:37 PM
We took the wrong team from CT, didn't we?and to think, it was a BC guy who really drove the expansion and move to D1 for their athletic programs, especially hockey.

sterlippo1
11-23-2015, 03:28 PM
We took the wrong team from CT, didn't we?

not even a question but heck, we have Notre Dame!:rolleyes:

mookie1995
11-23-2015, 04:52 PM
How 'bout 3 teams in the top 4! 4 New England teams at the top. I guess we know where the power is in college hockey:cool:

7 in the top 22!!! :D

Cross Check
11-24-2015, 01:02 PM
If I recall correctly, BC had a similar midweek game at UConn last year that did not turn out well. I hope history does not repeat itself.

J.D.
11-24-2015, 01:10 PM
If I recall correctly, BC had a similar midweek game at UConn last year that did not turn out well. I hope history does not repeat itself.

It's early but this appears to be UConn's national title game tonight just like last year's win over BC was for them. They are 3-9 and on a 7 game losing streak. Last win for them was at home against BU. Best be ready to play tonight.

Nick Papagiorgio
11-24-2015, 01:41 PM

It is worth noting that Uconn seems to get a nice schedule in handling BC so far thru 1.5 seasons in the league.

Last year Uconn had a Sunday game in Newark before their Tuesday home game vs BC. BC meanwhile had Friday and Saturday games in Denver. The second time around Uconn had an extra 3 days of rest. Tonight Uconn has a full week of rest vs. BC's 2.

Now that I've given them an excuse to lose, I hope they get over it and beat those knuckledraggers. :D

claver2010
11-24-2015, 03:26 PM
I'll be there tonight. The butler has been instructed that the bulletproof car is a necessity with those knuckledraggers trying to throw bottles at anything that says BC on it.

BCeagle
11-24-2015, 07:13 PM
It was brutal last year losing 1-0 ?? or was 2-1 ?

They're already ahead 1-0 tonight ) now 2-0 already ! Cangelosi and White so far .....

On a side note they grabbed Max Letunov from BU )

claver2010
11-24-2015, 11:13 PM
well certainly interesting.

blitzed them in the first 13-5 in shots, then started planning thanksgiving dinner the next 40

gave up way too many lazy 2 on 1s in the 3rd

btw bc tweeted out that there were 7200+ there? i'd be shocked if it was more than half that

ericredaxe
11-24-2015, 11:18 PM

blitzed them in the first 13-5 in shots, then started planning thanksgiving dinner the next 40

btw bc tweeted out that there were 7200+ there? i'd be shocked if it was more than half that

Maybe they used the same counting method there that they used at Agganis!

BCeagle
11-25-2015, 01:18 AM

I drove by Hartford today to and from NYC with my daughter but too tired to drive back for the game later. So I just listened to the game.

The way this is going, the team is having an even distribution on offense. Keep in mind there will be inflated stats when they play certain teams and averaging 4 or more goals per game.

Before the break they will have games vs RIT, NU and ND. It is possible they will be 15-1-0 the way they are playing.

Do you think after the 1st period they just called off the dogs ? Later they added 1 more to make it 5-1. There are a few BC connections besides Cav. on the UConn team. I heard Buckley does recruiting for them on that radio interview during the broadcast.

claver2010
11-25-2015, 08:13 AM
the calling off the dogs idea crossed my mind as there were pretty blatant moments in the 3rd bc was gliding at 50%

i will also say we have some dmen that can seriously bring it. mccoshen, fitz, obviously savage, & courturier hammered one last night

Nick Papagiorgio
11-25-2015, 09:11 AM
Glad to see you made it out of Hartford safely, claver.

You have to think the fine folks there got a glimpse of their future in hockey... a long losing streak extended, getting smoked by BC, and the only damage they can do is to their opponents strength of schedule. We can hold out hope I guess that we can swap them for Quinnipiac in the future.

We can expect a lawsuit from them anytime now.

claver2010
11-25-2015, 10:27 AM
biggest concern was coming back and finding the car on cinderblocks

i wonder how long cav is for that job. get them back to middle of HE, spin it as a miracle and GTFO for a big time program (wisco?). i wonder if he would leave the northeast.